Alban Bukjaku gone

admira

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bunjaku was one of the best midfielders in the U21s in my opinion. He suddenly was not appearing in the team having been replaced by younger, less developed plyers in my opinion. I thought this strange.Seemed a bit similar with Koblenz, also a good player. I think that Wassall, quite rightly has his own ideas about which players are most likely to succeed in the future..Most of any team's U21s are not going to make the first team. I would like to have seen Bunjaku ushered into another club. I think that what we are seen to do with players that do not succeed in the u21s is as important as what we do with those that do succeed.we need an excellent reputation for dealing with each and every individual that we take on. Not quite sure what happened with Bunjaku but if he had no club to go to, where is he now?

6 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Bunjaku was one of the best midfielders in the U21s in my opinion. He suddenly was not appearing in the team having been replaced by younger, less developed plyers in my opinion. I thought this strange.Seemed a bit similar with Koblenz, also a good player. I think that Wassall, quite rightly has his own ideas about which players are most likely to succeed in the future..Most of any team's U21s are not going to make the first team. I would like to have seen Bunjaku ushered into another club. I think that what we are seen to do with players that do not succeed in the u21s is as important as what we do with those that do succeed.we need an excellent reputation for dealing with each and every individual that we take on. Not quite sure what happened with Bunjaku but if he had no club to go to, where is he now?

not sure if anywhere in particular but can imagine possibly someone in League 1 (or equivalent) would fancy taking a punt on him? Hardly a bad CV for his age - Arsenal, Sevilla and Derby. Wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be a mid table championship player in the future.

He's 22 on Feb 5th, out of contract in the summer, so it was either let him go (and he's clearly decided to go early) or offer him a full contract. Happens.

He might have an idea of where he's going, this stuff rarely makes news but I'll keep an eye out for anyone signing him. I imagine after trials. 

14 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Never got a chance did he a bit like Koblenz 

42 minutes ago, Srg said:

Seemed tidy but had literally no pace.

This sort of thing happens when you take a punt on young players.

Indeed. If 1 in 10 come off, you've done ok.

Disappointing.

we've never shown any real commitment to developing Calero, Santos, Bunjaku or koblenz.....and as for shaquille macdonald.....i'll be amazed. They can't get near the bench with our ever expanding squad.

I hope we don't mess up with Rawson.

3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Disappointing.

we've never shown any real commitment to developing Calero, Santos, Bunjaku or koblenz.....and as for shaquille macdonald.....i'll be amazed. They can't get near the bench with our ever expanding squad.

I hope we don't mess up with Rawson.

Could it just be that they aren't very good? Hanson has seemed to manage it well enough in the same period.

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

Could it just be that they aren't very good? Hanson has seemed to manage it well enough in the same period.

Possibly.

but i'd say bunjaku was better than hanson.

Archived