Alban Bukjaku gone

admira

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Srg said:

But I don't you watch them train and play every day, nor are you professionally qualified to assess.

Oh right.

i see. 

That explains why they haven't paid me for the last 40 years then.

Who needs a qualification to spot talent in the world of football?

History tells you that spotting potential isn't as easy as it may seem.  If it was, Shuan Wright Philips, Will Hughes and Tom Huddlestone to name a few would never have been allowed to leave Forest.  We would have tied Jordan Mutch down to a long term contract before Terry Westley nicked him.

Luke Chadwick was a world beater at United, but a league 2 player by mid twenties.

Jermaine Pennant was tipped to be one of the greatest players in the game when he signed for Arsenal for 2 million quid at 18, but he never liked the game enough to care.

There are Many examples of players who were released for being no good, but went onto prove people wrong and players who were destined for greatness but never quite achieved it.

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

Disappointing.

we've never shown any real commitment to developing Calero, Santos, Bunjaku or koblenz.....and as for shaquille macdonald.....i'll be amazed. They can't get near the bench with our ever expanding squad.

I hope we don't mess up with Rawson.

It's so difficult though m8 .

The commitment is they get paid quite well. 

Better than I ever did. 

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

Possibly.

but i'd say bunjaku was better than hanson.

Really? OK, I only get to see three or four U21 games a season, but Hanson always stood out as being in a different class to Bunyaku to me. That said, I've clearly no idea what I'm talking about as I've never been impressed with Max Lowe either, and he gets praise from lots of well qualified people.

3 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Really? OK, I only get to see three or four U21 games a season, but Hanson always stood out as being in a different class to Bunyaku to me. That said, I've clearly no idea what I'm talking about as I've never been impressed with Max Lowe either, and he gets praise from lots of well qualified people.

Bunyaku was often better than Hanson .

But Hanson is a young lad trying to improve. 

People expect young players to get better with age. I'd argue that 40% of the time, it's just not the case. 

Addison and Nyatanga were excellent during their teenage years, however went backwards. 

Buxton on the other hand didn't reach his full potential until he was 27/28. 

Football is based on very fine margins - it's easy for 'wonderkids' to eventually be bettered my 'lower league cloggers' 

7 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

People expect young players to get better with age. I'd argue that 40% of the time, it's just not the case. 

Addison and Nyatanga were excellent during their teenage years, however went backwards. 

Buxton on the other hand didn't reach his full potential until he was 27/28. 

Football is based on very fine margins - it's easy for 'wonderkids' to eventually be bettered my 'lower league cloggers' 

You mean Bucko's peaked already?

18 hours ago, harryram said:

Ike how some people complaining about this. I know let's let the coaches that work with then everyday and know a lot more than us decide who is good enough

There's literally no point in having this forum if we just accept everything we're told. Literally.

Archived