Max Power

irobinson

HITC and DM reporting we are looking at Max  - I got the Power

Power, 22, came up through the ranks at Tranmere Rovers, making over 125 appearances for the Wirral club, scoring 19 goals before leaving the club last summer.

After Tranmere were relegated to non-league, Power was in-demand, but he eventually chose a move to Wigan Athletic, joining the League One club on a three-year contract.

Power has played his part for Wigan this season, notching four goals in 28 appearances for the Latics, who sit five points off an automatic promotion place, with Gary Caldwell's men chasing an immediate return to the Championship.

However, Wigan could be dealt a blow, as Power's performances at the DW Stadium appear to have attracted interest in his signature during this month's transfer window.

The Daily Mail report that Burnley, Derby County and Sheffield Wednesday have all been watching Power recently, with the three Championship clubs seemingly lining up a bid for the youngster's signature.

All three sides will be chasing promotion to the Premier League this season, and whilst they all have plenty of quality players in midfielder, a player with potential like Power could be a smart investment for the future, whilst he has also shown his ability to make an immediate impact at Wigan.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

News flash - Derby County, along with four promotion rivals are looking at Max Headroom who plays for National Car Parks first team. His manager,  Signor del Parque, says that nobody gets past him, he represents quite a barrier and he is a headache to play against. :D

Derby cancel warm weather training camp in Dubai because of performance against Reading - Sky sports 1 15 pm

7 hours ago, Rampage said:

Derby cancel warm weather training camp in Dubai because of performance against Reading - Sky sports 1 15 pm

Glad to hear it, appears to me that most of them were already in Dubai (in their heads) on Tuesday night. 

Good on ya, whoever made the decision (PC, MM or SR) not to reward a pss poor performance with a nice break in the sun.

Is there anyone we're not being linked with right now?  I swear these journos just make stuff up to fill column inches and keep editors of their backs. I'd have thought we ought to have enough mids right now unless we get promoted in which case would we still be looking at this lad with a £100 mill windfall to spend?  Unless he's going to play this season I can't see the point unless he's got premiership quality written all over him in which case why are no top tier clubs looking at him? Even if he has, we'd surely have to ship one or two out in any case.  

I'd prefer to see cover for Keogh and Shacks if we're going to invest for the future but then what do I know?

42 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Is there anyone we're not being linked with right now?  I swear these journos just make stuff up to fill column inches and keep editors of their backs. I'd have thought we ought to have enough mids right now unless we get promoted in which case would we still be looking at this lad with a £100 mill windfall to spend?  Unless he's going to play this season I can't see the point unless he's got premiership quality written all over him in which case why are no top tier clubs looking at him? Even if he has, we'd surely have to ship one or two out in any case.  

I'd prefer to see cover for Keogh and Shacks if we're going to invest for the future but then what do I know?

Is Buxton, Pearce, Shotton, Baird, Hanson and Rawson not enough cover?

4 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Max power, max headroom and naughtius maximus 

All the **** stirring that's going on, you'd think we were in for Incontinentia Buttocks.

8 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Max Wellhouse was thought to be interesting Derby County. Something may be brewing but I think there has not bean any confirmation. It is apparently set to grind on

Not seen a strong rumour on this. He definitely wouldn't be able to go Dubai, bit too milky white. Nice punning with you, mi old mocha.

I'm in two minds over this one. 

On one hand, we don't really need another midfielder. On the other, he is actually called Max Power... Max... Power. 

It's a name that you would love to touch, but you mustn't touch. It sounds good in your ear, but you mustn't fear 'cause his name can be said by anyone.  

1 hour ago, rynny said:

Not seen a strong rumour on this. He definitely wouldn't be able to go Dubai, bit too milky white. Nice punning with you, mi old mocha.

Da strong aroma is locked in da beans man. i have not heard of any stronger rumours but I will let you know if I smell them, man.

Archived