Max Power

irobinson

8 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I'll see your Incontinentia Buttocks and raise my Biggus Dickus

Ha. Think you're hard?

Edit...

Would have been better if I'd said "Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough"

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, 86 points said:

You'd be happy with Shotton and Pearce replacing Shacks and Keogh? Really? I'd be shipping out all bar Hanson and Rawson much as I like Bucko. 

So you have decided that Pearce isn't good enough after 2 cup games? Bucko and Keogh were good enough to get us to Wembley so I wouldn't mind him coming in and I really don't have a problem with Shotton, good enough as back up on the bench and c an cover more than 1 position.

Now is your question;

Shotton and Pearce as the 2 CB in the highly unlikely scenario of BOTH Keogh and Shackell being out?

Or

Either Shotton or Pearce coming in for either Keogh or Shackell?

If it is the 1st then it is highly unlikely but my choice would Bucko and Pearce and Shotton on the bench and I would be comfortable with it. If it is the 2nd then yes I would be fine with that as well.

22 hours ago, rynny said:

So you have decided that Pearce isn't good enough after 2 cup games? Bucko and Keogh were good enough to get us to Wembley so I wouldn't mind him coming in and I really don't have a problem with Shotton, good enough as back up on the bench and c an cover more than 1 position.

Now is your question;

Shotton and Pearce as the 2 CB in the highly unlikely scenario of BOTH Keogh and Shackell being out?

Or

Either Shotton or Pearce coming in for either Keogh or Shackell?

If it is the 1st then it is highly unlikely but my choice would Bucko and Pearce and Shotton on the bench and I would be comfortable with it. If it is the 2nd then yes I would be fine with that as well.

Let's agree to disagree then fella. Shotton is a total liability in my opinion. As I said, I like Bucko but I don't see him as being of the same quality as the current pairing. As for Pearce, apparently the manager doesn't think he's up to scratch given he's had only two starts all season. The two cups games were hardly resounding defensive successes either. My original point was whether midfield or back four needed bolstering, if either. I'd say we have better cover in midfield than in defence currently.

1 hour ago, 86 points said:

Let's agree to disagree then fella. Shotton is a total liability in my opinion. As I said, I like Bucko but I don't see him as being of the same quality as the current pairing. As for Pearce, apparently the manager doesn't think he's up to scratch given he's had only two starts all season. The two cups games were hardly resounding defensive successes either. My original point was whether midfield or back four needed bolstering, if either. I'd say we have better cover in midfield than in defence currently.

But Pearce being behind Shackell and Keogh isn't exactly saying he isn't rated is it, just that he is behind our 2 best performers this season.

On 1/14/2016 at 21:35, eddie said:

All the **** stirring that's going on, you'd think we were in for Incontinentia Buttocks.

I would say that I have intercontinental buttockinis as they have been on four continents.:D I was in the Coloseum recently (actually true) and I met Gluteus maximus and his younger brother Gluteus Minoris.

We have been linked with Castaigno and for the first time, i can say that I am in the know and that Maclaren was trying to get him but the fee was too high at the time. His trip to Holland included an attempt to get Castaigno. In short, Ninos was right all along.

3 minutes ago, Rampage said:

I would say that I have intercontinental buttockinis as they have been on four continents.:D I was in the Coloseum recently (actually true) and I met Gluteus maximus and his younger brother Gluteus Minoris.

We have been linked with Castaigno and for the first time, i can say that I am in the know and that Maclaren was trying to get him but the fee was too high at the time. His trip to Holland included an attempt to get Castaigno. In short, Ninos was right all along.

Rampages Eunt Domus

2 hours ago, rynny said:

But Pearce being behind Shackell and Keogh isn't exactly saying he isn't rated is it, just that he is behind our 2 best performers this season.

And Shotton apparently.  And probably Bucko too.  Were we to get promoted do you really see the club hanging on to Pearce?  Even the Reading fans weren't too fussed when he shipped out. Perhaps you rate him more highly than other folk?

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/reading-fc-fans-reaction-alex-9416803

The original point I made was regarding the signing of another midfielder who won't have any bearing on this season's promotion push or do you see him playing first team football this season? One thing we can agree on is the form of Keogh and Shacks, which as you point out, has been outstanding. 

2 hours ago, 86 points said:

And Shotton apparently.  And probably Bucko too.  Were we to get promoted do you really see the club hanging on to Pearce?  Even the Reading fans weren't too fussed when he shipped out. Perhaps you rate him more highly than other folk?

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/reading-fc-fans-reaction-alex-9416803

The original point I made was regarding the signing of another midfielder who won't have any bearing on this season's promotion push or do you see him playing first team football this season? One thing we can agree on is the form of Keogh and Shacks, which as you point out, has been outstanding. 

Why is he behind Shotton and Buxton? Shotton makes the bench some weeks and Pearce other weeks, I see it as trying to keep 2 senior squad members as happy as can be when the 2 in front of them are in such great form. Buxton has yet to be included ahead of Pearce.

You mention Reading fans, the same ones who were calling their manager for dropping him in the prem, the same who wanted him to sign a contract all last season, and the same who said that they weren't bothered that their top scorer was leaving? I would rather base my opinion on a player by watching him play, and seeing as though I have only seen him twice as a Derby player, both against league 2 opposition, I think it is unfair to judge him either way.

You asked why we were signing yet another midfielder and not back up for Shackell and Keogh. I would suggest we are signing players for the future, whether they will be good enough in a couple of years or not is impossible to say.

1 hour ago, rynny said:

Why is he behind Shotton and Buxton? Shotton makes the bench some weeks and Pearce other weeks, I see it as trying to keep 2 senior squad members as happy as can be when the 2 in front of them are in such great form. Buxton has yet to be included ahead of Pearce.

You mention Reading fans, the same ones who were calling their manager for dropping him in the prem, the same who wanted him to sign a contract all last season, and the same who said that they weren't bothered that their top scorer was leaving? I would rather base my opinion on a player by watching him play, and seeing as though I have only seen him twice as a Derby player, both against league 2 opposition, I think it is unfair to judge him either way.

You asked why we were signing yet another midfielder and not back up for Shackell and Keogh. I would suggest we are signing players for the future, whether they will be good enough in a couple of years or not is impossible to say.

No buddy what I said was IF we are going to sign more players I'd favour bolstering the defence before the midfield.  Significant difference.  My boy supports Reading and when I'm in the UK I'm in Oxford and I have seen Pearce on a few occasions with the lad and don't fancy him much.  Like Bucko but not as good, so I may have it wrong but I'm not being unfair.  Just my opinion fella!  Bucko has not been picked in front of Pearce because he's been out all season so that's a moot point right now too. I guess time will tell.

On 16 January 2016 at 13:47, rynny said:

You were saying....

You were saying....

All it proves is we have 1 more CB than is required. How do you know we didn't try and give them Shotton? Or Buxton turned them down? Are we going to say they can't loan a player in a position where we have more than enough cover regardless of his position in the pecking order of back ups? 

2 hours ago, rynny said:

All it proves is we have 1 more CB than is required. How do you know we didn't try and give them Shotton? Or Buxton turned them down? Are we going to say they can't loan a player in a position where we have more than enough cover regardless of his position in the pecking order of back ups? 

What it proves is that Pearce was considered surplus to requirements ahead of Baird, Shotton and Buxton. The likelihood that we offers all four seems a bit of a stretch fella but keep flogging that horse as long as you see fit fella. If PC had wanted to get shot of any of the others he could simply have offered their services elsewhere assuming BCNS didn't want them.  Or perhaps, by your assertion, Shotton and Buxton were touted everywhere and we couldn't find a taker anywhere. Or maybe they didn't  want to go anyway because they'd prefer to warm the bench at Derby. Which scenario seems most likely to you? Whatever way you try and spin it, PC would not have let Pearce go out if he was integral to his plans for the rest of the season. Why is that so hard for you to grasp?

What it proves is that Pearce was considered surplus to requirements ahead of Baird, Shotton and Buxton. The likelihood that we offers all four seems a bit of a stretch fella but keep flogging that horse as long as you see fit fella. If PC had wanted to get shot of any of the others he could simply have offered their services elsewhere assuming BCNS didn't want them.  Or perhaps, by your assertion, Shotton and Buxton were touted everywhere and we couldn't find a taker anywhere. Or maybe they didn't  want to go anyway because they'd prefer to warm the bench at Derby. Which scenario seems most likely to you? Whatever way you try and spin it, PC would not have let Pearce go out if he was integral to his plans for the rest of the season. Why is that so hard for you to grasp?

I am not trying to spin anything. We don't know what the conversations were, we don't know who is in PC's plans, we do not know who would have played at Boro if Shackell's injury had kept him out, we just don't know. Maybe Pearce asked to go so he has a chance of going to the Euros. Who knows? Obviously Pearce is rated more by BC than Shotton and Buxton otherwise they would have wanted to loan them by the same assumptions you are making.

My point has always been I don't know who is rated higher out of our 3 back up defenders, who are pretty even in terms of ability, and are all good championship defenders. Not sure what you don't understand and not sure what is hard for you grasp? The only person who knows is PC. The one thing I do know is that Shackell and Keogh are our 2 best CB and highest rated by PC.

Coming in, Pearce was clearly meant to replace Keogh, but Clement gave Keogh a chance and he's never performed at a low enough level to let Pearce have a look-in. Clement probably didn't want Pearce to go, but after seeing Buxton play in central defence and seeing he could do a job meant that he was confident to let him fight for a euro spot.

The reason why he picks Shotton over Pearce is because he covers more than one position. Pearce is an out-and-out CB, and Shotton can play that plus full back. It allows him to have an extra slot on the bench for an attacking option.

If either Keogh or Shackell gets injured I'm sure Buxton is first choice replacement for the next game.

3 hours ago, Shang said:

Coming in, Pearce was clearly meant to replace Keogh, but Clement gave Keogh a chance and he's never performed at a low enough level to let Pearce have a look-in. Clement probably didn't want Pearce to go, but after seeing Buxton play in central defence and seeing he could do a job meant that he was confident to let him fight for a euro spot.

The reason why he picks Shotton over Pearce is because he covers more than one position. Pearce is an out-and-out CB, and Shotton can play that plus full back. It allows him to have an extra slot on the bench for an attacking option.

If either Keogh or Shackell gets injured I'm sure Buxton is first choice replacement for the next game.

Couldn't agree more. 

Archived