Derby County v Birmingham City.

Boycie

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely appalling behavior by some of my South Stand brothers.  I'm beyond embarrassed and have begun to feel anger towards the horrendous language aimed at Grant and our players, in the presence of our Junior Rams.  I'm going to say summart to them next time...

Having conceded 2 goals per game over the last 4 and the opposition having numerous more chances during our last two home games, I think we need to question our ball watching center-backs before we deal with the questionable service to our front men. 

19 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Aren't our next 4 in the league: Burnley, PNE, Fulham, Mk Dons?

You can't see where our next win is coming from? And you want people to stop sniping? Sorry mate, I just think that's a load of bum cum! 

Each to their own like, if you're that pessimistic then I pity you. 

Would you not consider Reading and Birmingham at home as similar to MK, PNE and Fulham? 

18 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Aren't our next 4 in the league: Burnley, PNE, Fulham, Mk Dons?

You can't see where our next win is coming from? And you want people to stop sniping? Sorry mate, I just think that's a load of bum cum! 

Each to their own like, if you're that pessimistic then I pity you. 

Well,Tibbsy,are you optimistic about Burnley away? PNE are level with Reading,Fulham

have some decent players. MK Dons-who knows? I wouldn't put any of my hard-earned

on more than 1 win based on our recent performances.If you have more money than

sense,go ahead.

6 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Would you not consider Reading and Birmingham at home as similar to MK, PNE and Fulham? 

PNE maybe, Fulham and MK though - certainly not. My post wasn't aimed at the exact quality of the opposition, you could stretch the 4 teams to 8 and include Brentford, Blackburn, Wolves, Huddersfield and so on, I just think you've got to be unbelievably pessimistic that despite our recent dip we won't get back to winning ways soon. Too much quality not to IMO.

7 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

Well,Tibbsy,are you optimistic about Burnley away? PNE are level with Reading,Fulham

have some decent players. MK Dons-who knows? I wouldn't put any of my hard-earned

on more than 1 win based on our recent performances.If you have more money than

sense,go ahead.

About Burnley away? Certainly not! PNE are half decent but we've beaten them already this season, same with Fulham and MK Dons. I'd be amazed (and gutted) if we don't pick up at least a win from the next 4 games.

6 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

About Burnley away? Certainly not! PNE are half decent but we've beaten them already this season, same with Fulham and MK Dons. I'd be amazed (and gutted) if we don't pick up at least a win from the next 4 games.

And even that would see us come adrift...

37 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

CRAIG BRYSON

so i'm sure everything that needs to be said about todays game, has already been said, we had absolutely no movement off the ball when in possession(exactly like reading) and we had nothing about us. one person in particular who was poor, was johnson imo.

anyway, craig bryson! is he the person we are missing? do we need to get him tutoring our attacking midfielders on how to support martin?

in particular what im referring to is his ability to run beyond martin and he is that extra man which links our team together. I think we miss him more than we realise...

I don't think he is the answer. I'm not a Bryson fan, personally believe his scoring run was a flash in the pan but putting that to one side and thinking about how we have been playing and what you say about Bryson getting beyond Martin...surely it won't work? As things stand we are playing far too centrally, too much is being forced through the middle either from simple passing or wide men coming inside rather than staying wide and beating their man. We are congesting the middle of the pitch just outside the 18 yard box, Ince and Martin are getting in each others way, if you add Bryson into that mix I can only see things staying the same or getting worse.

IMO we need to be utilising Camara's pace and desire to go around the outside of his man and get someone to do the same on the other flank. Get balls into the danger area and a forward (Bent IMO) will tap them in or if the ball comes back out then you have the likes of Butterfield to ping them back in.

15 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

PNE maybe, Fulham and MK though - certainly not. My post wasn't aimed at the exact quality of the opposition, you could stretch the 4 teams to 8 and include Brentford, Blackburn, Wolves, Huddersfield and so on, I just think you've got to be unbelievably pessimistic that despite our recent dip we won't get back to winning ways soon. Too much quality not to IMO.

That's the problem. The quality. I really don't see it. Of course all sides have dips, but this is more than that. 

I am wondering where our next goal is coming from, nevermind our next win. 

We are conceding as our defence has no protection and we aren't scoring as our strikers have zero service. At the minute we don't have a midfield. Thorne is treated with kid gloves, Hendrick is 8 or 3 out of 10 depending on how he feels, Butterfield sits waaaay too deep and seems to create sod all, Johnson is just shocking. A modern day Robbie Savage, and as for Bryson... has he been captured by Isis? 

Seems like a mess right now. 

39 minutes ago, RicME85 said:

I don't think he is the answer. I'm not a Bryson fan, personally believe his scoring run was a flash in the pan but putting that to one side and thinking about how we have been playing and what you say about Bryson getting beyond Martin...surely it won't work? As things stand we are playing far too centrally, too much is being forced through the middle either from simple passing or wide men coming inside rather than staying wide and beating their man. We are congesting the middle of the pitch just outside the 18 yard box, Ince and Martin are getting in each others way, if you add Bryson into that mix I can only see things staying the same or getting worse.

IMO we need to be utilising Camara's pace and desire to go around the outside of his man and get someone to do the same on the other flank. Get balls into the danger area and a forward (Bent IMO) will tap them in or if the ball comes back out then you have the likes of Butterfield to ping them back in.

CAMARA to start! Would love to see him in the lineup thought despite the scoreline he didnt look too bad when he came on and did something which us derby fans havnt seen in a while, a winger running down the line beating his man for pace........kind of reminds me of jamie ward? unfortunately at the moment all russell and ince do is cut inside :(

13 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

So,Mr Tibbs have you decided to keep your money in your pocket? I should

remind you that previous results are no guide to future perfomances.After all

did we not draw away with the bluenoses at the start of the season?

Mate, you're talking about the next bunch of games like we've got Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Barca and PSG. It was only a few weeks ago when, whilst we weren't playing amazing, we were picking up results. I fully expect that to return, whether thats at Burnley, Home to PNE or away at Fulham; I have confidence in PC and this team to get back on track.

The game as a whole was just poor and we do look like a team full of individuals. The team seletion was baffling and bent not even in the squad was odd. Have to agree with many about Johnson, what is up with him? He actually looked like he had never kicked a football today. He was woeful and how he stayed on the pitch the whole game is beyond belief. 6m for what? Got to give Birmingham credit they played like a team and that Toral for them caused us problems all game.Camara did well when he came on beat his man and had them them defending which they hadn't needed to do for most of the game. He does need to work on his defending and crossing though. Burnley away is going to be tough, our record at turf moor is pretty poor I don't expect it to change anytime soon.

12 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

CAMARA to start! Would love to see him in the lineup thought despite the scoreline he didnt look too bad when he came on and did something which us derby fans havnt seen in a while, a winger running down the line beating his man for pace........kind of reminds me of jamie ward? unfortunately at the moment all russell and ince do is cut inside :(

His crosses were pretty ****  tho and he was rubbish positionally too.

Dont think Camara's crosses were poor at all...well except for one that went too deep and in to touch. He was banging the ball into areas of the box that defenders hate to have to deal with. We dont put enough balls into the corridor of uncertainty

1 hour ago, TroyDyer said:

The last two games have been the worst I have witnessed for a long long time. I turned up today expecting to see Derby absolutely batter Birmingham after the Reading display. Today was even worse. 

Bradley Johnson is the biggest waste of money since the Paul Jewel era. Yet seemingly undroppable, and irreplaceable. 

Johnson is simply another Robbie Savage. Lots of running around like a headless chicken, rarely sticking to any position, and then the occasional row Z hero shot when a 6 yard pass into space would be the better option. 

I have supported PC massively and I love his honesty, but he needs to have a hard look at himself after today. Thorne was the best player we had, and Ince was the only one looking to try and get the ball and run at defenders. So he takes them both off, leaving Johnson, who was diabolical, on for the full 90 minutes. 

I'm dreading Burnley. Absolutely dreading it. 

Over reaction Troy ... I agree that Thorne was in a class of his own and that Ince is always dangerous. I agree that Johnson was very weak today and should have been subbed along with hendrick at the half ... But he's a good player he just isn't a playmaker : he's a powerful tackler and header of the ball and a physical force in the middle ... He's just not as creative as a Bryson Hughes or Butterfield. PC has to figure it out but for now he should pair Ince with butters in the central attacking midfield, assuming Bryson isn't fit and  if he is going 4-3-3. 

We can analyse this to death and come up with multiple formations and player choices but the bottom line for me is that we had individuals on the pitch and not a team. Add in a curious lack of the last 5% of effort that makes and ok performance a good one and we end up looking thoroughly inept.

cant fathom what has happened to Johnson. Thorne was ok but rusty. Russell continues to stay in 4th gear. Ince was the most ineffective I have ever seen him. Blackman ran hard but had little service. Hendrick didn't play very well but at least tried to go forward. Keogh brave as usual but bottom line is defence was pierced 3 times. Warnock probably the most consistent player at the moment. Only bright spark is that Camara looks magic and special. Butterfield has to start next time and in a forward / attacking midfield slot regardless of formation. 

PC has some work to do and must surely be questioning his selection. Anyway Borough lost so we are no further from the top of the table than we were 24 hours ago .. Not panicking (yet ) trust in PC and pass the ammunition 

Archived