Curtains was right

Bris Vegas

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

We should have bought Andre Gray :ph34r:

14 goals and 4 assists in 21 matches. Real mobility through the middle... How we could do with a player like that now! And no, Darren Bent isn't the answer. 

I had to do a double take there, thought you had written Andy Gray!

26 minutes ago, Jayram said:

He is **** at the moment - no way does he deserve to be in the starting 11 right now. Hasn't contributed a thing in the last half dozen games. 

I agree - I'm not joking. Id take 5m for him if it was offered. Think he is average with spells of brilliance now and again. 

Back 4

Thorne

Johnson                  Butterfield

Camara      Blackman.   Ince

Instead of a target man in either Martin or Bent and two behind why not play a true front 3, all three are pacey , -just maybe a formation change is required?

I love Martin what he has contributed to the team has been amazing, but for me if a  good offer came in during January I'd cash in. I don't think he'd cut it In the prem and now is the time to get a decent amount of money for him, don't let him go past the peak sale price. Our attacking play is so predictable even the games we have won lately it hasn't been pretty to watch. I agree we missed out on Gray and I think we did with Afobe too.

On 12 January 2016 at 22:50, toddy said:

Back 4

Thorne

Johnson                  Butterfield

Camara      Blackman.   Ince

Instead of a target man in either Martin or Bent and two behind why not play a true front 3, all three are pacey , -just maybe a formation change is required?

Surely Ince is producing less than Martin?

24 minutes ago, RamNut said:

The formation I put up was for a true front 3 and as those 3 all have pace, all will interchange their position. Ince likes space to run this system would give him that.

Also a true front 3 interchanging their positions is very difficult for the opposition to mark against because its drags their CB's all over the place, opening up areas for either of the 3 to run into. But for this to work we need the ball moving quicker out from midfield.......

Martin plays a holding CF position, stop the feed to him and place 2x CB's on him and he is out of the game.

Birmingham game tomorrow we do need 3 pts from, lets go for it.:thumbsup:

39 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I'd say Ince is trying though I picked him out as someone who actually played ok along with Warnock. I remember him running with the ball on the break then looking up with no one to pass to and 3-4 of their players around him!

Archived