Weather with you...

StockholmRam

5 hours ago, eddie said:

6 degrees, raining and 1979 still in Nottingham this morning.

My dad is a Nottingham lad. We tolerate him mainly. Knocking on a bit now. 

Last trip over I took him to visit his cousin who lives near Trent Bridge within touching distance of the councils painted red toilets. We " dined" in a cafe just across from the cricket ground and had a beer in a pub on the corner there. It was an alien adventure for me and it was most defiantly 1979 that day too... 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know how true this is, but a Latvian lad I work with reckons he feels the cold more since he's been in England than he ever did at home and the temperature in Latvia drops a hell of a lot lower than here. He says the damp air over here means it feels colder at -4 than it does when it it -20 in Latvia.

52 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I don't know how true this is, but a Latvian lad I work with reckons he feels the cold more since he's been in England than he ever did at home and the temperature in Latvia drops a hell of a lot lower than here. He says the damp air over here means it feels colder at -4 than it does when it it -20 in Latvia.

Dunno about feeling colder when I'm back home Ossie but those murky drizzle or plain peeing down with rain all day days are a real bugger... Prefer our cold but proper crispy. 

My little lad always gets poorly, colds, coughs etc when we visit England. 

3 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

Minus 38 up in Haparanda Sissy... Yikes. Does it matter though after minus 20? Can you literally feel any colder? 

Minus twenty doesn't feel cold at all with good clothes. I'd say the coldness start to set in around minus 30.

3 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

I have been out riding my bike this morning and for the first time this year I had to wear a long sleeved top....dropped really cold now, about 20 degrees....wow I am getting soft.. Glorious sunshine, clear blue skies and cool blue sea....I miss Ripley.

Did you say you were once " Miss Ripley"?!! 

8 hours ago, ossieram said:

He is probably drinking WKD over here where he's used to anti-freeze in Latvia.

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 22:37, StockholmRam said:

Northern Sweden, Lapland. Minus 28. Brass monkeys but lovely and crisp. 

I went to the Ice Hotel (nr Kiruna) in February last year and the minus 20/30 there didn't feel as cold as the minus 10 in Stockholm (we stopped there for a day / night on the way).

The Ice Hotel felt like no more than a cold day in the UK - I guess because it is such a dry cold?

8 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

I went to the Ice Hotel (nr Kiruna) in February last year and the minus 20/30 there didn't feel as cold as the minus 10 in Stockholm (we stopped there for a day / night on the way).

The Ice Hotel felt like no more than a cold day in the UK - I guess because it is such a dry cold?

Exactly mate... Hope you enjoyed the experience? I'm only a couple of hours drive south of Kiruna. 

Stockholm is colder due to having no shelter from those Baltic icy blasts of wind. The archipelago and long sea channel up to the city is like a wind funnel. Funny though, when you lived there as long as I have then you get to know the way to walk around the city. Which streets and routes to take that give shelter from the wind. 

I don't understand this talk of cold weather in Scandinavia. A few days ago there was a news item of a heatwave at the North Pole, with temperatures at 1 C,  50 degrees above normal.

Or is that just the usual BS from the Warmist zealots?

Archived