Razza Camara

SaintRam

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I asked an Angers fan on his opinion on Angers.

The guy's dynamite. He's real fast and I've always seen him play at 100%. He's real trouble for the defence on the sideline. The way we played required both our wingers to defend, and he's always been reliable in that matter. Not unusual to see him knackered by the end of the match.

The only reproach I could make is that he tends to forget his teammates since his scored an amazing goal against Toulouse[1]  . He's been trying to reiterate this sort of performance ever since, dribbling when it would have been preferable pass. But to be honest, that also comes from the fact that we didn't have a true striker he could give the ball to back then (we just signed one last week).

I like the look of him, seemingly very direct and looks skillful as well.

I think we often lack that with our wingers, they will always look to come inside or try a clever through ball, sometimes hitting the byline and whipping a mean cross in, is far more effective.

Nice to know we've got real options with our wingers now, either playing with inside forwards with Weimann and Blackman or more conventional wingers in Camara and Russell.

1 hour ago, YorkshireRam said:

I like the look of him, seemingly very direct and looks skillful as well.

I think we often lack that with our wingers, they will always look to come inside or try a clever through ball, sometimes hitting the byline and whipping a mean cross in, is far more effective.

Nice to know we've got real options with our wingers now, either playing with inside forwards with Weimann and Blackman or more conventional wingers in Camara and Russell.

Where does ince fit in?

So, from the Highlights of the hartlepool game:

"Has he got a right foot? No... Or has he?! No." He crosses it with his left - Next clip he hits the crossbar with a shot with his right foot. 

I found that interesting. Perhaps, while not being as one footed as others, he mainly uses his right for putting his foot through the ball? Worth monitoring how one/two footed he is as he plays. 

• 1 month later...

Good afternoon all,

As a fan of Angers SCO, Abdoul's former club, I was very interested in knowing your opinion wrt the fact that Abdoul does not seem to be able to convince your manager to give him a chance. Camara was a big contributor to our excellent start of the season and everyone was disappointed to see him leaving when everything was still shining for Angers (it has changed a bit since). Is there any reason why Derby does not give a chance to a player bought £1.25M? We believe that Camara went for less money that he actually worths and it's just heartbreaking to see him grounded on the bench...

Thanks in advance for your feedback,

I also would like to congratulate you for the quality and clarity of your forum (that I discover), it's definitely above the standard compared to other club's forums.

1 minute ago, SCO_Fan said:

Good afternoon all,

As a fan of Angers SCO, Abdoul's former club, I was very interested in knowing your opinion wrt the fact that Abdoul does not seem to be able to convince your manager to give him a chance. Camara was a big contributor to our excellent start of the season and everyone was disappointed to see him leaving when everything was still shining for Angers (it has changed a bit since). Is there any reason why Derby does not give a chance to a player bought £1.25M? We believe that Camara went for less money that he actually worths and it's just heartbreaking to see him grounded on the bench...

I also would like to congratulate you for the quality and clarity of your forum (that I discover), it's definitely above the standard compared to other club's forums.

Razza was signed under the previous manager who seemed to just sign players for the sake of it. Now, under the new manager, we've got 5 wingers who are probably all ahead of him in the pecking order unfortunately - Ince, Johnson, Russell, Blackman and Weimann. And all of those have experience of either the Championship or the Premier League, so I don't think Wassall (our new manager) wants to risk a winger with no experience of English football.

Quite frustrating really because we've been crying out for a winger who'll run at the opposition full back and Razza has looked decent in the few games he's been involved ... and those decent performances came when the whole team were performing poorly so who knows how good he could possibly be if he played in a team with a bit of confidence.

7 minutes ago, SCO_Fan said:

Good afternoon all,

Sa la maniere de Derby

@SCO_Fan hello Abdoul welcome to the forum. Personally I think you deserve more of a chance than your getting. If we'd of had a bigger cup run I think you'd of featured more and maybe pushed for a first team place. Keep training hard and if you get your chance make the most of it.

6 minutes ago, SCO_Fan said:

Good afternoon all,

Most of us are scratching our heads and asking the same questions, so I doubt we'll be able to help. Our wingers have been particularly poor, so it's surprised all of us that Camara hasn't been given a chance. The manager that signed him was sacked and his replacement doesn't seem to rate Camara.

What formation do Angers normally play? Going on what little I've seen Camara looks a little one dimensional. Super fast, head down, drive to the byline and cross. This kind of play is really dangerous in the right team, but we only play one up front so our wingers are expected to cut inside more.

Archived