Razza Camara

SaintRam

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SCO_Fan said:

Good afternoon all,

As a fan of Angers SCO, Abdoul's former club, I was very interested in knowing your opinion wrt the fact that Abdoul does not seem to be able to convince your manager to give him a chance. Camara was a big contributor to our excellent start of the season and everyone was disappointed to see him leaving when everything was still shining for Angers (it has changed a bit since). Is there any reason why Derby does not give a chance to a player bought £1.25M? We believe that Camara went for less money that he actually worths and it's just heartbreaking to see him grounded on the bench...

Thanks in advance for your feedback,

I also would like to congratulate you for the quality and clarity of your forum (that I discover), it's definitely above the standard compared to other club's forums.

Welcome to our forum, Abdoul!

Have you considered growing a beard? A thick one might do the trick.

1 hour ago, HKRam said:

Welcome to our forum, Abdoul!

Have you considered growing a beard? A thick one might do the trick.

Beard should do it.

If not that, just look disinterested and have a faint air of "I should be playing for Inter" about you.

1 hour ago, Rammeister said:

Beard should do it.

If not that, just look disinterested and have a faint air of "I should be playing for Inter" about you.

A hat-trick helps too.

8 hours ago, SCO_Fan said:

Good afternoon all,

As a fan of Angers SCO, Abdoul's former club, I was very interested in knowing your opinion wrt the fact that Abdoul does not seem to be able to convince your manager to give him a chance. Camara was a big contributor to our excellent start of the season and everyone was disappointed to see him leaving when everything was still shining for Angers (it has changed a bit since). Is there any reason why Derby does not give a chance to a player bought £1.25M? We believe that Camara went for less money that he actually worths and it's just heartbreaking to see him grounded on the bench...

Thanks in advance for your feedback,

I also would like to congratulate you for the quality and clarity of your forum (that I discover), it's definitely above the standard compared to other club's forums.

The disappointing thing is we don't really have any other wingers. Yes we have several other players who we play on the wing, but every one of them would rather play down the middle. Camara is the only player I've seen this season who wants to beat his man with pace, get to the by-line and whip the ball into the box. Honestly it was really refereshing.

I have a problem with the selection policy in that he's not even on the substitute's bench when all the subs we have are very similar. At least having him in reserve would let us change things and play with a different style. The teams that do well have great pace and can turn defence into attack in the blink of an eye and I feel Camara would greatly help us do that. And the lad should be given a chance after leaving France and committing himself to Derby.

It could be that as well as adapting his game to our 4-3-3 and English football over all, Wassall is to an extent protecting him a bit until the team has recovered it's swagger and confidence. I'm convinced that if we'd had more cup games he'd have featured and that there is a good player in there.

I'm more convinced that Camara will come good than Blackman who had a good run of form and Clement knew as a youth at Blackburn.

11 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Any chance of seeing him play from the start first?

Don't know.

is he fifth choice now?

16 hours ago, YouRams said:

@SCO_Fan hello Abdoul welcome to the forum. Personally I think you deserve more of a chance than your getting. If we'd of had a bigger cup run I think you'd of featured more and maybe pushed for a first team place. Keep training hard and if you get your chance make the most of it.

erm... someone else gonna tell or should I?

Based of what I've see (u21's too vs Brighton) I really don't rate him. He just doesn't fill me with confidence defensively, and his first touch is poor. Obviously we haven't seen enough of him to make a full judgement, but neither Clement nor Wassall have given him a league start (barely even a bench appearance), and they see him play most days, isn't that telling? 

4 hours ago, RamNut said:

Don't know.

is he fifth choice now?

Depends if you play him down the left side, personally I'm not convinced there are 4 better players down that side but bar a couple of cameo sub appearances I can't really judge him.

On paper I'd say more ideal and better suited than Blackman or Ince out wide that side, albeit Ince had more impact Saturday; certainly more pace than Johnson, you could argue a case for Russell but it's hard to say, as I don't see them in training.

Just seems an odd one pal and at present like someone else said, all a bit Albentosa.

I'd like to see him start a few games to make any call before we send him packing, otherwise it's a complete mess of a recruitment policy.

2 hours ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Based of what I've see (u21's too vs Brighton) I really don't rate him. He just doesn't fill me with confidence defensively, and his first touch is poor. Obviously we haven't seen enough of him to make a full judgement, but neither Clement nor Wassall have given him a league start (barely even a bench appearance), and they see him play most days, isn't that telling? 

When I looked at the youtube highlights doing the rounds when we signed him I thought his first touched looked terrible.  A lot of the time it looked like his pace got him out a few scrapes.  I thought he looked like another Theo...

You would've thought he'd have been given a go by now considering the up & down form of our wide players, so there's probably a decent reason...

54 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

When I looked at the youtube highlights doing the rounds when we signed him I thought his first touched looked terrible.  A lot of the time it looked like his pace got him out a few scrapes.  I thought he looked like another Theo...

You would've thought he'd have been given a go by now considering the up & down form of our wide players, so there's probably a decent reason...

spot on! Would hazard a guess PC not only limited himself to videos, as opposed to true scouting.....but he also just watched agents videos!!

whilst in theory players can be off loaded....the fact we gave them a sizeable pay rise to join ua, means the thought for example of having to stump up say £10k per week contribution over a three year contract does effectively wipeout any transfer fee even if we sell back to a French club.

26 minutes ago, igorlegend said:

spot on! Would hazard a guess PC not only limited himself to videos, as opposed to true scouting.....but he also just watched agents videos!!

whilst in theory players can be off loaded....the fact we gave them a sizeable pay rise to join ua, means the thought for example of having to stump up say £10k per week contribution over a three year contract does effectively wipeout any transfer fee even if we sell back to a French club.

Or, you know, we could just wait and see.

35 minutes ago, igorlegend said:

He's obviously got a bit of talent so I'm not saying we should get rid, of him or Albentosa.  I reckon with a good pre-season under a good manager they could both make an impact next season...

Archived