Ross Mccormack

ColchesterRam

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and that ladies and gents. . . is why Boro will finish first at a canter, smart, smart investments. Who cares if they spend £9m on Mccormack and £6m on Phillips, in a few months they will be getting £100m + in their bank account. They've done everything we should have.

Signing Blackman was utterly bizarre and pointless, Camara is a complete unknown entity. Im still not convinced at all by our recruitment team, to many square pegs in round holes. 

Boro have gone for proven quality, and they will reap the rewards from it. Im very jealous 

4 minutes ago, Derbados said:

and that ladies and gents. . . is why Boro will finish first at a canter, smart, smart investments. Who cares if they spend £9m on Mccormack and £6m on Phillips, in a few months they will be getting £100m + in their bank account. They've done everything we should have.

Signing Blackman was utterly bizarre and pointless, Camara is a complete unknown entity. Im still not convinced at all by our recruitment team, to many square pegs in round holes.

Boro have gone for proven quality, and they will reap the rewards from it. Im very jealous

Blackman has played 2.5 games and Camara less.

3 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Blackman has played 2.5 games and Camara less.

Exactly - Camara has not played in English football before = an unknown entity! 

Blackman is having a "bryson" season this year, a one off. He historically is not a good player, his stats are poor = utterly bizarre and pointless 

Derbados is smack bang on the money.

We were comfortably 2nd in the division, with a very good chance of us getting automatic promotion this season.

I am not saying I expected Mel to spend more money, the bloke has done wonders for this football club.  If, however, there was money to spend (we have spent just shy of 5 million so far), we should have gone for players who would offer instant, guaranteed improvement.

I have heard people say Blackman is a 'risk worth taking', we sign him for 2-3 mil, if he doesn't work out, we could sell him for a million anyway.  We shouldnt be taking risks like that when we are so close to the big prize.

Boro in my opinion have looked at the market and decided to sign a couple of players who will guarantee to slip straight into the team and push them over the line. Id wager McCormack to score 10 goals between now and the end of the season for Boro.

If I was Mel Morris though, I would look at the fact we have spent 25 million, on top of signing George Thorne last year, okay we lost Byrson, Hughes and Forsyth to long team injuries, but apart from that have a squad more than capable of challenging for the top 2 and it is up to Clement to deliver with what he has.

11 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Camara is a complete unknown entity

He looked electric in the few minutes he played against Birmingham... And actual old-school winger who can beat a defender and stick a half decent cross in... Fast as all hell... 

Just now, Derbados said:

Blackman is having a "bryson" season this year, a one off. He historically is not a good player, his stats are poor = utterly bizarre and pointless 

Players improve... He's approaching the point in an attackers career when they should be coming into their prime... So we may have snapped him up in time for his best years... Even if you consider him unimpressive before now...

Don't think he's a "1 up top" kinda forward... But after Martin came on he came alive against B'ham... got in some great positions and was unlucky on a couple of occasions... I think either in a front 2 or coming off the wing he could be very effective... And adds a different dimension than any of Ince, Russell and weimann in that he's a slightly more physical presence in the box...

Also... If you think McCormack has been 'statistically' good... check out his seasonal overviews... Bang average in the Scottish Prem... 1 good season for Cardiff... 2 good seasons from 4 at Leeds... At finally showing some consistency at Fulham in his late 20s... 

So give Blackman some time...

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We were comfortably 2nd in the division, with a very good chance of us getting automatic promotion this season.

I am not saying I expected Mel to spend more money, the bloke has done wonders for this football club.  If, however, there was money to spend (we have spent just shy of 5 million so far), we should have gone for players who would offer instant, guaranteed improvement.

I have heard people say Blackman is a 'risk worth taking', we sign him for 2-3 mil, if he doesn't work out, we could sell him for a million anyway.  We shouldnt be taking risks like that when we are so close to the big prize.

Boro in my opinion have looked at the market and decided to sign a couple of players who will guarantee to slip straight into the team and push them over the line. Id wager McCormack to score 10 goals between now and the end of the season for Boro.

If I was Mel Morris though, I would look at the fact we have spent 25 million, on top of signing George Thorne last year, okay we lost Byrson, Hughes and Forsyth to long team injuries, but apart from that have a squad more than capable of challenging for the top 2 and it is up to Clement to deliver with what he has.

Hmm. Not sure. We can't afford to sign a big fee player due to FFP. Remember we've already spent around 9m more than Boro.

MM obviously thought the big fee players we signed in the summer were enough to get us up? Blackman was probably the best striker available for that sort of fee based on the scoring tally this season. Camara was bizarre, I admit, but give them a chance, who knows. 

26 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Is there such a thing? Every signing is a gamble, there is no such thing as a guaranteed improvement.

9 hours ago, Derbados said:

Exactly - Camara has not played in English football before = an unknown entity! 

Because stats are all that matters ! Let's trust the club and there signings if come the end of the season it all blows up then I'll stand corrected but at least let's give them a chance ! 

everyone talks about risk - well  - you can see our risk - spending £20m or so and not making it and missing out on the cashpot. For the price of Ince, Blackman and Johnson - we could have had McCormack  - 29 or 29  - he would have been worth it on a 2/3 yr contract

Don't think Mel will warrant any more dosh  - and I don't blame him

We should now give Camara Bent and others a go now....

Archived