The Fawaz Circus 2016

2 minutes ago, DerbyPride said:

Former goalkeeper. Do you reckon he's been brought in to SAVE them from relegation?

You can find the door yourself.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, DerbyPride said:

My Forest supporting mate made the point that he can't think of any former goalkeeper who has been a good manager. He's got a point.

Dino Zoff

Nigel Adkins is OK too, nothing great.

16 minutes ago, DerbyPride said:

My Forest supporting mate made the point that he can't think of any former goalkeeper who has been a good manager. He's got a point.

Dino Zoff wasn't too shabby. Nigel Adkins has had as many good spells as bad though.

This guy is apparently the most successful goalkeeper-turned-manager https://www.theguardian.com/football/2007/sep/19/theknowledge

The most successful keeper-manager ever is surely the late Raymond Goethals. Born in Brussels in 1921, Goethals enjoyed a modest playing career between the sticks for minor Belgian clubs Daring and Racing de Bruxelles. However, as Xavier Lizin points out, there is nothing modest about his coaching CV. In 1993, Goethals guided Marseilles to victory in the Champions League final against a Milan side that included Marco van Basten, Franco Baresi and Frank Rijkaard.

5 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Never heard of the bloke but his record sounds good, and probably a better bet than the usual merry go round of Warnock, Evans, Adkins etc.. Looking forward to seeing who he brings in

Definitely has decent pedigree. Constantly changes his teams though, hasn't that been one of the biggest complaints from Forest fans?

1 minute ago, Lord_Ram said:

So he's a French Paul clement

Don't think that's fair. Has far more pedigree than Clement. Don't think he's owt special, but I can't see them in a relegation battle under him (unless the quality of the squad is actually as bad at it seems sometimes).

21 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Don't think that's fair. Has far more pedigree than Clement. Don't think he's owt special, but I can't see them in a relegation battle under him (unless the quality of the squad is actually as bad at it seems sometimes).

hard to say either way... foreign managers coming into the Championship can be a bit hit and miss.

Archived