The Fawaz Circus 2016

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somebody has very recently pumped £8.5m into Forest. Annoyingly, that'll sort their embargo out. Expect an announcement on that very shortly. 

The interesting thing will be when we find out the source of the investment. It could well be that the Greek deal is sorted and the takeover is set to be announced. Or it could just be that Fawaz has pumped some cash in himself to sort the embargo out - either to make them a better proposition for a sale, or just trying to sort his own mismanagement out.

Either way, it's not good new because Forest are now considerably less 'Mickey Mouse' - bbbboooooooooo

1 minute ago, CornwallRam said:

Somebody has very recently pumped £8.5m into Forest. Annoyingly, that'll sort their embargo out. Expect an announcement on that very shortly. 

The interesting thing will be when we find out the source of the investment. It could well be that the Greek deal is sorted and the takeover is set to be announced. Or it could just be that Fawaz has pumped some cash in himself to sort the embargo out - either to make them a better proposition for a sale, or just trying to sort his own mismanagement out.

Either way, it's not good new because Forest are now considerably less 'Mickey Mouse' - bbbboooooooooo

All but confirmed, new owners with 80% stake. Own Olympiakos too, Fawaz met them when he bought those **** players like Djebbour.

On 24/05/2016 at 16:00, RadioactiveWaste said:

I just hope he doesn't throw a massive party when it's lifted which has the unfortunate consequence of putting the club back in embargo. That wouldn't be funny. At all.

That wouldn't be funny, that would be hilarious.

What are the criteria for the usually laughable "fit and proper person test"? Get the impression that florist have pissed off a lot of people around the FA, so hopefully they'll still have some nightmares yet getting Demis Roussos signed off as owner.

Also, a poll on their site has Pearson as a massive favourite as their choice for new manager. No-on else in the frame. So if we do get him, that would be nice. 

1 hour ago, needles said:

What are the criteria for the usually laughable "fit and proper person test"? Get the impression that florist have pissed off a lot of people around the FA, so hopefully they'll still have some nightmares yet getting Demis Roussos signed off as owner.

Also, a poll on their site has Pearson as a massive favourite as their choice for new manager. No-on else in the frame. So if we do get him, that would be nice. 

When you look at the collection of suspects who have passed fit and proper it doesn't seem to be much of a test.

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

When you look at the collection of suspects who have passed fit and proper it doesn't seem to be much of a test.

Agreed, but if any club have got "dodgy as ****" written all over them it's forest. Maybe the FA will keep close tabs on it.

9 minutes ago, needles said:

Agreed, but if any club have got "dodgy as ****" written all over them it's forest. Maybe the FA will keep close tabs on it.

It would be good to think so but I suspect that any "white knight " investors promising money into the game will get a fairly easy ride.

I don't even know whose test this is and who the authority is - football league?

13 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

It would be good to think so but I suspect that any "white knight " investors promising money into the game will get a fairly easy ride.

I don't even know whose test this is and who the authority is - football league?

I think it's the FA, but I'm very possibly wrong.

Even in football, this guy is a long way from a white knight. It's be interesting to see if Fatwaz and Demis have any other business connection, or financial relationship, aside from his lending florist a pair of Algerians for supposedly no fee...:whistle:

Archived