The Fawaz Circus 2016

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone noticed that Fulham are now officially out of FFP embargo - leaving Forest as the only Championship club still sanctioned? Fawaz said that they'll be out, but the league said there were still a few issues to sort out.

Now to get out of embargo, Forest have to show that they are now in compliance. That means losing less than the allowable deviation, which is actually set at £5m, but the rules now allow shareholders to put in  up to £8m in cash, which is counted on the 'profit' side, making the effective allowable loss £13m.

With the sale of Antonio and a few contracts ending, I would have thought that Forest should be able to get under the £13m threshold reasonably comfortably. However, that relies on £8m being injected. I don't think that it stretches credulity too far to think that Fawaz is relying on the dodgy Greek bloke to invest that £8m. As that deal seems to be taking a while to sort, I would say that is the main 'issue' preventing Forest from exiting their embargo. Without that investment I can't see Forest getting out of embargo as there's no way they are currently under the £5m limit and Fawaz's family are clearly refusing to increase hi pocket money.

Wouldn't it be amusing if Evangelos Marinakis decided not to invest in Forest after all? It's hard not to raise a smile at rumours I'm hearing that he is now considering a bid for Villa. If things go 'well' at the City Ground this summer we just might see the mother of all fan meltdowns - embargo - administration - Gary Brazil as manager - HMRC trying to lock the gates.

On 5/16/2016 at 19:55, Red_Dawn said:

Its happened again

Its happened agaaiiiiiin

Derby County, its happened again

Yep, it's happened again.  Am I as gutted as Wembley 2014? nowhere near.  Am I as shocked and angry as last match of the season 2015? Nope. Would I swap any of them for scraping into 17th? Not a chance.

Still, we've had a couple more matches, given you something to get excited about watching us lose, you're welcome!  We;ve got a bit more money in the pot, for the FFP men, you know, the ones that you and your owner say are 'coming for us'. Still, it'll help us pay a few bills.

Nottingham Forest have been mentioned a bit these past few weeks - on the coat tails of Leicester admittedly, for doing something similar in 1978. 1978, long time ago - nearly 40 years. Well done you.  Do you still feel it?  Still got the buzz from that?

We certainly had the buzz last night, when Johnny scored OMFG, it's on lads....from abject misery on Saturday to the pleasure of watching that game, I know, we lost, but you know what - the emotions it's given us all, you can't match, we've been through a lot this season but there's one thing, it's been eventful. I suppose yours has too, with court appearances and winding up orders, but it's not football is it, not raw emotion like we felt last night. I wouldn't swap my club for yours in a million years.

So yeah, it's happened again - but what a fookin ride. COYR.

42 minutes ago, MrsRam said:

Yep, it's happened again.  Am I as gutted as Wembley 2014? nowhere near.  Am I as shocked and angry as last match of the season 2015? Nope. Would I swap any of them for scraping into 17th? Not a chance.

Still, we've had a couple more matches, given you something to get excited about watching us lose, you're welcome!  We;ve got a bit more money in the pot, for the FFP men, you know, the ones that you and your owner say are 'coming for us'. Still, it'll help us pay a few bills.

Nottingham Forest have been mentioned a bit these past few weeks - on the coat tails of Leicester admittedly, for doing something similar in 1978. 1978, long time ago - nearly 40 years. Well done you.  Do you still feel it?  Still got the buzz from that?

We certainly had the buzz last night, when Johnny scored OMFG, it's on lads....from abject misery on Saturday to the pleasure of watching that game, I know, we lost, but you know what - the emotions it's given us all, you can't match, we've been through a lot this season but there's one thing, it's been eventful. I suppose yours has too, with court appearances and winding up orders, but it's not football is it, not raw emotion like we felt last night. I wouldn't swap my club for yours in a million years.

Bravo Mrs Ram! Top post.

1 hour ago, MrsRam said:

We;ve got a bit more money in the pot, for the FFP men, you know, the ones that you and your owner say are 'coming for us'. Still, it'll help us pay a few bills.

Not sure do they understand those bolded parts...

2 hours ago, MrsRam said:

And yet despite that it all counted for absolutely nothing.

You are still in the same division as **** old Forest and down to compete a local Derby with Burton Albion next year, despite the utterly obsene amounts of money thrown about on dross. 

Interested to see what direction you take now. Sell, or continue to chuck oodles of money at it. I would suggest probably the latter given the new manager, whoever that may be, will want to bring in his own players. 

12 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

You are still in the same division as **** old Forest and down to compete a local Derby with Burton Albion next year, despite the utterly obsene amounts of money thrown about on dross. 

Interested to see what direction you take now. Sell, or continue to chuck oodles of money at it. I would suggest probably the latter given the new manager, whoever that may be, will want to bring in his own players. 

If it was up to some of the Derby fans on here, we'd sell the whole defence (despite having one of our best seasons defensively in recent memory), sell Ince (who contributed to 20 goals this season) and sell Martin (who's been our best striker in recent memory). And then we've got some writing off next season already ... stating we're 100% not going to get automatics, despite not knowing who our manager will be, what players we'll have or who anyone else signs/sells. Exciting times ahead :lol:

21 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

It entertained. That's all this sport is. No football actually counts for anything. 

I'll never cease to be confused by people who are adamant it really matters.

What a surprise Red Yawn churning out the same old garbage, glossing over the fact that ND spewed over a £100m on the notts dream, before Fawaz came along and spewed even more cash and put them in embargo.

Sooner go out with a bang and failing to get to the final, fail at the final or screw up and just miss out on the play-offs, rather that your shower, when was the last time you finished in the top six, or even the top half.

If notts forest was an animal it would be put out of its misery, pity Fawaz will be around for a good while yet.

4 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Just a suggestion..crawl back to LTLF and tell your 'mates' how clever you are at winding up poor old Derby fans...I'm sure they'll be impressed

The Nottingham Evening Post broke the story on 10/5 regards the investment with Marinakis and the possibility of a rebranding of the City Ground. The local keyboard warriors on LTLF weren't too impressed. 

I noticed that Hull City were sponsored by Flamingoland, my own  personal favourite from the posters on LTLF.

.....................................Embargoland! :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

As she says we shout about winning European titles 

they shout about losing in semi finals

says it all really 

Archived