The Fawaz Circus 2016

30 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

If Fawaz really cared he would have sold and walked.

Red Bull money would easily buy you the league, just look how popular they made that German club.

He doesn't care 

he only cares about his own ego. He thought he could come in spend another of money, tell football men how to do their job, get his mates in on the payroll, get promoted and live off the perks of being a premier league chairmen

he's a charlatan and a lier. Took me some time to realise this, not as much as others but we all got there in the end and realise what he truely like. Needs to fuk off

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, davenportram said:

If you are allowed to. If your fans piss him off too much he might not settle a winding up order. He won't get the money back anyway and he could be rid of the hassle.

I wonder if that would be so bad for Forest fans?

I think that clubs of our and Forest's size have a sort of 'critical mass', whereby they are just too big to actually fold - or at least represent too big a customer base. 

I doubt that Fawaz would walk away from a deal if it meant getting something back. OK, he probably wants £100m but will never get that, but someone would probably give him £20m if he wrote off the debts, and losing £80m has got to be better than losing £100m.

Yet if he did spit the dummy and wound the club up, Forest would just start up again as a new company. The worst case is that they would be in the Conference and might lose control of the City Ground for a while - although with it being council owned, I'd have thought that the phoenix company would just walk straight back in there anyway - what else would the council do with it? Even if the City Ground went altogether, Forest could just ground share at Meadow Lane whilst they worked back up the leagues and secure investment for a new stadium. And would it be so bad for the Forest faithful spending a couple of seasons walking away with lower league titles? I'd say that it be a refreshing change from the years of disappointment that they've suffered over the years. 

I really don't think that Forest need to worry about Fawaz walking away - they are much bigger than he is.

1 hour ago, stoners said:

He doesn't care 

he only cares about his own ego. He thought he could come in spend another of money, tell football men how to do their job, get his mates in on the payroll, get promoted and live off the perks of being a premier league chairmen

he's a charlatan and a lier. Took me some time to realise this, not as much as others but we all got there in the end and realise what he truely like. Needs to fuk off

Unfortunately for you there are still quite a lot that still call him boss man think he is going to stop making the same mistakes, and quickly shout down anyone who questions him and say that they are not real fans.

24 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I wonder if that would be so bad for Forest fans?

I think that clubs of our and Forest's size have a sort of 'critical mass', whereby they are just too big to actually fold - or at least represent too big a customer base. 

I doubt that Fawaz would walk away from a deal if it meant getting something back. OK, he probably wants £100m but will never get that, but someone would probably give him £20m if he wrote off the debts, and losing £80m has got to be better than losing £100m.

Yet if he did spit the dummy and wound the club up, Forest would just start up again as a new company. The worst case is that they would be in the Conference and might lose control of the City Ground for a while - although with it being council owned, I'd have thought that the phoenix company would just walk straight back in there anyway - what else would the council do with it? Even if the City Ground went altogether, Forest could just ground share at Meadow Lane whilst they worked back up the leagues and secure investment for a new stadium. And would it be so bad for the Forest faithful spending a couple of seasons walking away with lower league titles? I'd say that it be a refreshing change from the years of disappointment that they've suffered over the years. 

I really don't think that Forest need to worry about Fawaz walking away - they are much bigger than he is.

I think you're right there.

As for the City Ground, property development sell off might be considered if the money is right and Forest really have died.

If SEVCO fans are anything to go by, the fans will emerge unscathed and as insufferable as ever :p

"I support a team that won the European cup twice"

"no you don't"

"yes i do"

"no, that club went bust and does not exist any more"

"well yes but the new forest is really the same thing"

"no it isn't"

<repeat until nauseous>

1 hour ago, stoners said:

He doesn't care 

I never trusted him, however the amount of ammo he gave out was priceless. 

On 9 October 2016 at 09:51, Inglorius said:

At least he doesn't come into the players dressing rooms at half time thank the Lord for small mercies.

He'd probably go into the wrong dressing room, at least Mel knows which the home dressing room is.

Nottingham Forest are close to agreeing a £50 million sale to anAmerican consortium led by John Jay Moores, the former owner of Major League Baseball franchise San Diego Padres.

Moores is in advanced talks over a deal to buy the Championship club from Fawaz Al-Hasawi, who is expected to agree an 80-20 per cent split and remain as chairman.

The US investor, 72, held talks with Everton earlier this year but the move fell through and Moores’s party have now turned their attention to Forest, with sources claiming that a six-week period of exclusivity is complete.

Al-Hasawi, who bought the club in July 2012, has been keen to bring in investment for some time and negotiations with Moores have progressed over the past three months, with the price now at around £50 million.

Current owner Fawaz Al-Hasawi CREDIT: REX

Moores has been determined to acquire an English club with tradition, and Forest’s proud history, winning the European Cup twice under Brian Clough in 1979 and 1980, has marked them out as an attractive proposition.

Members of Moores’s consortium visited the City Ground and training base last week and official confirmation of a deal could be announced within the next few weeks.

A takeover would be seen as a huge positive for the majority of Forest supporters, following a stormy four years under the current Kuwaiti owner.

Al-Hasawi’s reign has been plagued with off-field problems, including numerous winding-up orders, late payments to staff, suppliers and other clubs, while earlier this year the City Ground’s capacity was reduced to zero as the club did not have a required safety certificate holder.

Winger Oliver Burke was sold this summer with no sell-on clause CREDIT: REX

Philippe Montanier is their eighth permanent manager since October 2011 and is believed to be under growing pressure after a run of six league games without a win. Al-Hasawi has been left frustrated by results and Montanier’s frequent tinkering over team selection, while there have also been disagreements over potential signings and player contracts.

Pedro Pereira, the Forest director of football, also resigned last weekend amid suggestions of a fallout with the board over long-term strategy. 

Scotland international Oliver Burke’s £13 million sale to RB Leipzig, with the transfer including no sell-on clause, was another highly contentious moment in the club’s recent history.

7 hours ago, Ibby said:

Moores has been determined to acquire an English club with tradition, and Forest’s proud history, winning the European Cup twice under Brian Clough in 1979 and 1980, has marked them out as an attractive proposition.

Really? They won the European Cup twice? Why did nobody mention this?

Why would them winning something nearly 40 years ago make them an attractive proposition?

8 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I guess from the lack of piss taking, you Forest boys are somewhat concerned by Mac's return?

:lol:

the guys done nothing since 2008

he took over a far better squad that he's took over this time which means he ll be getting the cheque book out and we all know what happens when you leave mcclaren alone with the cheque book

if your lot think your going to be playing the kind of football you was last time you must be dilusional 

44 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think the American chap is going to get on with kenny burns and andy Reid just fine. 

"Hey fellahs, you every had a properly fatty meal? My treat to celebrate 'murica coming over here and saving your asses just like world war two"

I don't get it.  If this possibility has been simmering away for some weeks in a period of exclusivity then why is fawaz throwing a wobbler? 

11 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I don't get it.  If this possibility has been simmering away for some weeks in a period of exclusivity then why is fawaz throwing a wobbler? 

That is odd, perhaps he's just getting a really rum deal out of this for either himself, the club or both and he knows it is going to be.......yeah.....loved.....by the fans.......

If they do a GSE and make the club a well run minimal loss making enterprise they might get some.new backers on board. But they might turn out the way most american owners do....

Archived