Jack Grealish

StockholmRam

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

a40dcad9820c83ba9caaea045bfb4724.png

There you go chap.

Only way I could see it happening is if it were a loan, but Clement hasn't felt the need to use the loan system yet. Good player who's got a bit of a bad reputation with the press, but he'd surely run rings around players in this league.

Bless you Cam. Happy new year mate. 

1 hour ago, StockholmRam said:

Sky Bet has Jack Grealish at 6/1 favorite DCFC. Feel free to tell me it's nonsense. Just posting what I read. 

That's mean someone wasted money on the odds of him to DCFC. 

Really cannot see any merit whatsover in this lad for us over the next 4.5 months. Nice tidy player and plenty of potential, but lightweight and hardly a goal threat. We need a bit of muscle, experience and finishing ability.  Jon Walters for a few months would be OK on loan, but I am sure a forward cum winger is already identified by PC as we remain weak up front with Weimann still yet to kick on, and Russell still nowhere near consistent enough.

16 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

Sky Bet has Jack Grealish at 6/1 favorite DCFC. Feel free to tell me it's nonsense. Just posting what I read. 

Correction - we are second-favourites in this race. They have him at 8-1 ON favourites to stay at Aston Villa

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Correction - we are second-favourites in this race. They have him at 8-1 ON favourites to stay at Aston Villa

Can't see why we would want him really. He plays in a very similar position to Hughes and Butterfield whenever I have seen him play for Villa. I rate our two very highly and can see potential in the pair of them. Think they will continue to get better. 

1 hour ago, StockholmRam said:

Can't see why we would want him really. He plays in a very similar position to Hughes and Butterfield whenever I have seen him play for Villa. I rate our two very highly and can see potential in the pair of them. Think they will continue to get better. 

We haven't seen same games! He is almost always on the left when I've seen him play. Maybe once on the right and once in the middle.

Had to check it out:

Matches as      
Left Wing  37    
Attacking Midfield  21    
Left Midfield  14    
Right Midfield  8    
Right Wing  7    
Left-Back  1    
Central Midfield  1    

Can't say I have seen more than 5 or 6 games he played in. To my mind he was left mid in a 3 but roaming quite a lot. Same deft touch and twinkle toes in tight spaces as our two. Not saying exactly the same, but similar. Having said that, look at Butterfield. We have used him differently to how he was utilized at Huddersfield Town. Maybe PC sees a left attacking role for Grealish if he did come. 

He's an attacking winger in my mind, which fits the bill. 

I can't help but think the press have it out for him, I mean, I haven't seen anything from him that I hadn't done at his age and he's constantly pinned down for being pictured in the street unconscious despite not even being in that country at the time! 

He's all potential, mind. I don't think he would really boost our promotion chances, but would arguably be a smart investment should we sign him permanently.  

The Mirror mentioned us being interested in him:

There is no doubting Grealish’s talent but off-the-field issues and Aston Villa’s form have made it a nightmare campaign so far for the youngster.

Derby and QPR are both reportedly ready to offer the 20-year-old a way out of Villa Park and a move elsewhere could give him renewed purpose.

It could be a make-or-break month for the future of the controversial character.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/rescue-me-10-premier-league-7112555

Leeds United, QPR and Derby all want to sign Aston Villa midfielder Jack Grealish on loan during the January transfer window.

The 20-year-old has made just three appearances since he infuriated manager Remi Garde by breaching club protocol.

Grealish was banished to train with the club's development squad after Sportsmail revealed photographs of him partying following Villa's 4-0 defeat by Everton on November 21. last year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3386258/Jack-Grealish-offered-escape-Aston-Villa-misery-Leeds-QPR-Derby.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Archived