Sky banned from Elland Road

YouRams

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assume people are not aware the Cellino has been vocal on wanting clubs to sell individual TV rights? He basically wants an end to the collective bargaining of teh FL and for Leeds (and any other club) to secure their own deals.

Which does make financial sense for the bigger clubs with larger historic fan bases, Us, Wolves, Forest, Leeds Wednesday.

Personally I think such a deal would be terrible for football attempting to remain (as bad as it is now) a meritocracy, it's a similar situation to what Barca and Real Madrid used to be able to do in Spain and distorts the competition massively.

Just now, RicME85 said:

Your having a laugh arent you?

Loads of people do it. Pubs do it ffs :lol:

they might but its still illegal, and just because they do doesnt mean everyone knows how to see them. I dont know wany pubs that do, but im sure there are. Likewise other than me i cannot think of a single person in my group of friends or family that would know how to stream a game.

Just because loads do, doesnt mean everyone or even the majority do.

21 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

no one has mentioned how incredible it is that Sky can demand entrance and demand to show the games whenever they like... also, they have the right to change ANY kick off of ANY game at all in the league with only 48 hours notice... treating fans like idiots.

good on him for making a stand and bringing it to peoples attention, unfortunately I guess he will be slagged off all over Murdochs press and the idiots who read/watch it will buy in to it.

Name one game which has been moved for TV with 48hrs notice.

What I find strange is you are ok with moving a club away from it's roots and renaming it to MK Dons,,you are also ok with moving competitive league games abroad but if Sky move a game for TV no no no we're not having that!

You confuse me greatly and that's without getting into your Lycra fetish!

I'm not a big fan of moving games and messing the fans about but I would like to see sky screw the dirties over this, just because they are the dirties and for no other reason.

Hopefully they have already held a meeting just to look at their remaining away games and marked them *Tuesday, *Friday, *Sunday, *Tuesday and so on and then move a few of the games of teams due to play at leeds so they have to move those games as well with the dirties getting no sky money for doing it.

8 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Its possible but is illegal to do so, and many people would not know how to. But i agree i think it will change at some point.

You can now buy an Amazon firestick for £50 preloaded with Sky sports, BT, virtually all football, and watch 3pm kick offs, allegedly.

Not got one mesen but a mate has and swears it works fine. Not as good a picture as HD as its streamed, but with a half decent broadband connection its ok.

If sky don't find a way of stopping this it must start to impact on them over the next few months. A one off £50 against a SKY package?

Its possible to download the codes yourself if you already have a firestick apparently, took my mate a few hours to do, but if not, there's a local guy who openly offers the service on facebook.

2 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

You can now buy an Amazon firestick for £50 preloaded with Sky sports, BT, virtually all football, and watch 3pm kick offs, allegedly.

Not got one mesen but a mate has and swears it works fine. Not as good a picture as HD as its streamed, but with a half decent broadband connection its ok.

If sky don't find a way of stopping this it must start to impact on them over the next few months. A one off £50 against a SKY package?

Its possible to download the codes yourself if you already have a firestick apparently, took my mate a few hours to do, but if not, there's a local guy who openly offers the service on facebook.

im sure you can, im quite savvy internet wise and i didnt know that, so that just the pont im making, the fact that you can, doesnt mean the majority do or know how to.

1 minute ago, uttoxram75 said:

Yeah, its not just Fire sticks, there are loads of Android devices that run Kodi that allows you to stream everything and anything. 

Can also buy a satellite box with a network port and then buy a subscription off a card sharing website so you get the whole sky package in hd along with the bein channels etc for £120 a year.

Its really not hard. Those dodgy satellite boxes are what pubs use. Hell, the BBC's Class of 92 show had a comment from GNev asking if the club still had 'that dodgy Sky box' :lol:

2 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I don't think that's the stick they are using, but loads of people I work with, say they have some sort of box thing which gives them all sky channels for free. They are amazed that anyone pays for it. I don't do either method. 

8 hours ago, Boycie said:

Don't forget the leeds fans who will also be furious they can't watch their team.

they are a massive club don't forget.

i think he will let them in last minute, so they don't have much time in between games to prepare.

thats my shout.

This!

4 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

I don't think that's the stick they are using, but loads of people I work with, say they have some sort of box thing which gives them all sky channels for free. They are amazed that anyone pays for it. I don't do either method. 

The largest fine I've heard of for a pub screening Sky Sports illegally is £70,000.

It's not a risk I would take.

28 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Name one game which has been moved for TV with 48hrs notice.

What I find strange is you are ok with moving a club away from it's roots and renaming it to MK Dons,,you are also ok with moving competitive league games abroad but if Sky move a game for TV no no no we're not having that!

You confuse me greatly and that's without getting into your Lycra fetish!

What can I say, Iam a complex man Daveo that's what makes me so intriguing to you... That and my Lycra...

Archived