DCFC Marketing

TomBustler1884

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

It is really sad to see 'grown ups' behave like this over such trivial things.

If they really believe things like this are important in the grand scheme of things it probably shows why this country is in such a mess.

Yeah don`t be SO petty .

I`m on my way to the airport with a set of ladders and a black aerosol can.Up the air control tower and "Up the RAMS " sprayed on.SORTED 

I can understand the argument from an advertising POV: the club paid for it as advertising so to have it taken down just because Forest's and Leicester's fans are miffed their marketing teams didn't think of it first smacks of a lack of spine from EMA.

That said, for some fvcktrumpets to start a petition to get the logo changed in retaliation is proper tinpot behaviour. I would be amazed (and very disappointed) if anyone involved in that petition is over the age of 21. Get a grip of yourselves.

I can only assume that the marketing manager at EMA is a Derby fan. It was a stupid decision from them in the first place to accept the advert - to potentially alienate a lot of their market. The airport isn't exactly booming, so to do that for the sake of a few quid seems very short-sighted and self defeating.

If I was in Derby and Forest banners were draped all over East Midlands Airport I wouldn't for a second consider not stepping foot in there.

Really wouldn't bother me in the slightest. 

They could be playing Mull of Kintyre over the loudspeaker and serve my drinks from a Fawaz fridge and still it wouldn't bother me.

EMA logo could be the Forest tree and it still wouldn't bother me.

As long as there is a nice strip of tarmac for the plane I'm on to take off and land I'm absolutely fine.

Saying all that, I ain't getting on no plane, crazy fool! 

4 hours ago, Wolfie said:

I can only assume that the marketing manager at EMA is a Derby fan. It was a stupid decision from them in the first place to accept the advert - to potentially alienate a lot of their market. The airport isn't exactly booming, so to do that for the sake of a few quid seems very short-sighted and self defeating.

Why should advertising a local team alienate a lot of their market?!

If people would honestly not use the airport just because they advertised another football team then they lead very very sad lives.

its made it onto the beeb

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-35166654

A number of Derby County fans have threatened to boycott East Midlands Airport (EMA) unless it puts back a banner paid for by the club.

The poster, which was in the immigration hall, said: "We are Derby. Welcome to the East Midlands."

It was removed after Leicester City and Nottingham Forest fans accused the airport of favouring the Rams.

EMA said it had received no direct complaints and the poster was taken down after being put up "in error".

However, a petition, with about 400 names, claims Derby supporters are being "discriminated" against.

Derby County FC said it did not want to make a comment about the petition but was investigating why the banner was taken down.

Another cracker in the advent calendar today... So, George, best Christmas present?

"Well there was this one year where I got this absolutely fantastic..."

No George, one word answer, no smiling.

"uh... Playstation"

That'll do, day 23 sorted, home time.

On 22/12/2015 at 18:53, G STAR RAM said:

It is really sad to see 'grown ups' behave like this over such trivial things.

If they really believe things like this are important in the grand scheme of things it probably shows why this country is in such a mess.

It's not sad, it's bleedin' hysterical.

17 hours ago, philmycock said:

I will never wear red or buy a red car, get over it.

Proper fan.

I bet you refuse to buy Garibaldi biscuits too, or use anything made of wood.

Archived