DCFC Marketing

TomBustler1884

3 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

It looks like he is not flying for a while, SkegVegas for this fella then.

Just now, Spanish said:

can't see many of the gumps being ware of it, not exactly going to see it when their holidays normally involve a Shearings coach to skeggy

that's two of you slagging off Skeg now. 

STOP NOW!

I'll have you know that the Butlins 80s weekender is the highlight of my February 2016 and I cannot wait!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Spot on, they could have 2x former European Champions up there. Unfortunately you're still under embargo for now and can't afford it.

Besides, why do you need advertising? Surely winning back to back European cups has made you so famous that you fill your ground every week with loyal support? Erm....

Absolutely. It's tinpot clubs like us with no real fan-base that have to resort to such tactics as this, free coffee and free season tickets to entice otherwise uninterested plastics into our flat-pack stadium to watch our tedious one-dimensional football under a novice manager.

Am I doing it right, gumps?

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

that's two of you slagging off Skeg now. 

STOP NOW!

I'll have you know that the Butlins 80s weekender is the highlight of my February 2016 and I cannot wait!

Your braver than me Mostyn, the women at the butlins 80's do's, wow i only just made it out alive. They can suck a golf ball,through an hosepipe.

Just now, I am Ram said:

Your braver than me Mostyn, the women at the butlins 80's do's, wow i only just made it out alive. They can suck a golf ball,through an hosepipe.

I went to the one in Minehead this year, full of Welsh pint-drinking 'birds'. Was an experience.

5 minutes ago, eddie said:

Absolutely. It's tinpot clubs like us with no real fan-base that have to resort to such tactics as this, free coffee and free season tickets to entice otherwise uninterested plastics into our flat-pack stadium to watch our tedious one-dimensional football under a novice manager.

Am I doing it right, gumps?

Looking at the crowds we get, imagine if we had won the 2 cups eddie :)

4 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

Where do I book?

Didn't last long

EAST Midlands Airport has taken down an advert inside its terminal advertising Derby County which it has said was put up "in error".

Some have suggested that the decision to remove the "We Are Derby" advert, which was put up in the immigration area of the terminal, was made because of objections by Nottingham Forest and Leicester City supporters.

But the Castle Donington airport has said that the billboard advert was installed without getting proper clearance.

A spokeswoman for the airport said: "The advert was installed in error. We usually vet every advert that goes up both inside and outside the terminal - but for some unknown reason this one went up without prior approval.

"As the region's airport, we support all three cities - Derby, Nottingham and Leicester - equally.

"We have no record of any complaints about the advert - so that it is not the reason for its removal."

The airport said the advert was being taken down today.

Read more: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/East-Midlands-Airport-remove-Derby-County-advert/story-28390390-detail/story.html#ixzz3ugLgosG4
Follow us: @DerbyTelegraph on Twitter | derbytelegraph on Facebook

I don't have any problem with East Midlands taking the advert down and it's sensible not to want to show any favoritism, but why not just tell the truth instead of making up some cock and bull story? I suppose adverts just go up at the terminal by magic and don't have to be paid for or designed or approved by anyone.

Regarding that bloody online advent calendar, if I could post a suggestion in the suggestion thread (think it's been closed?) I would ask them to just stop doing it right now.

It's embarrassingly poor. Offers absolutely nothing. A 30 second video, with 28 seconds filled up with the window being opened and a question like "what's your favourite ever christmas present?" or "what's your favourite thing about christmas?" Then you get 2 seconds of a grumpy Tom Ince or Jacob Butterfield saying "Playstation" or "time off".

I cringe whenever I see them and literally haven't seen a single positive comment about them. If you're going to do it at least make it decent!

Just now, Kernow said:

Regarding that bloody online advent calendar, if I could post a suggestion in the suggestion thread (think it's been closed?) I would ask them to just stop doing it right now.

It's embarrassingly poor. Offers absolutely nothing. A 30 second video, with 28 seconds filled up with the window being opened and a question like "what's your favourite ever christmas present?" or "what's your favourite thing about christmas?" Then you get 2 seconds of a grumpy Tom Ince or Jacob Butterfield saying "Playstation" or "time off".

I cringe whenever I see them and literally haven't seen a single positive comment about them. If you're going to do it at least make it decent!

I dont think its a terrible idea in general and it can be done well. The problem is they saw that they had 24 days to fill so we'll get 4 players and ask 6 questions and be done, which means you get alot of **** answers or dull answers that you can replace because you only filmed just enough. They could have filmed 50 answers or whatever and then they just have to pick the 24 best. Seems a bit rushed and half arsed.

3 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

I dont think its a terrible idea in general and it can be done well. The problem is they saw that they had 24 days to fill so we'll get 4 players and ask 6 questions and be done, which means you get alot of **** answers or dull answers that you can replace because you only filmed just enough. They could have filmed 50 answers or whatever and then they just have to pick the 24 best. Seems a bit rushed and half arsed.

Exactly, it's a good idea. You'd get people visiting the pages each day just to watch them, so why not put more effort in? A two second clip of Jacob Butterfield in a black Christmas hat, who can't even crack half a smile isn't the most cheerful thing in the world. 

Should have just done a Jakevent Calendar where he opens his pockets once per day and takes out a player - or even a few seconds of a match where he takes out a player.

Either way, it's all good.

Archived