Is it any 2 from 4?

cloughandtaylor

With Boro and Brighton on 43pts and with Hull now on 41 pts with us there is now a gap of 6 pts to 5th place Burnley.

As its been tricky for us even on our great run to make pts difference to Boro\Brighton, has it become any 2 from 4?

Is 6 pts too much for Burnley to make up?

It is so tight now up at the top and its not looking like Brighton are dropping away, can you see either of the top four losing two games. That also means Burnley winning two & at the moment for me they cannot buy a win ( haven't won a game since Nov 3rd).

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tend to agree about top 4 but it's a crazy and competitive league and you can't rule anything out. Burnley will eventually come good again. Blackburn are on a great run. Qpr likely to pick up witH JFH there now  Ipswich looking strong  who knows ?? I still think we are in with a great shout for promotion but will likely be Hull and/or us or Boro for top 2 come May

4 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I'm still haunted by the fact we were points clear at the top in march last season. 

So far too early to say in mid December. 

last season we couldn't defend [we were still scoring for fun]- but this season we now have a defence and the best double act since McFarland and Todd.

10 hours ago, super rams said:

As its been tricky for us even on our great run to make pts difference to Boro\Brighton,

But that great run was needed because of no wins in the first 5 games. If we keep up that kind of momentum (2.3 points per game), then we'd end up with 98 points and none of the others would be able to keep pace from now on. If. If. If.

19 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I think we defended just fine for the first half of last season. We were grinding out wins at eg ipswich into 2015. 

Nobody predicted we would fall off a cliff. Just as nobody can predict the outcome for this season from here. 

Sir Jake got injured at Cardiff, and as Nostradamus predicted, it was the second coming of the Dark Ages

Just looking at last seasons table at 21 games played -

1st - Bournemouth  39pts

2nd - Boro               39pts

3rd - Derby             38pts

4th - Ipswich           38pts

5th - Brentford        37pts

6th - Watford          35pts

It was very close at this point last season with only 2pts separating 1st and 5th position .

This season 6pts separate 1st and 5th- that gap might get wider rather than closer

1 minute ago, super rams said:

Just looking at last seasons table at 21 games played -

1st - Bournemouth  39pts

2nd - Boro               39pts

3rd - Derby             38pts

4th - Ipswich           38pts

5th - Brentford        37pts

6th - Watford          35pts

It was very close at this point last season with only 2pts separating 1st and 5th position .

This season 6pts separate 1st and 5th- that gap might get wider rather than closer

However, only 2 of these teams you've listed got promoted, one of them being the team in 6th. At 21 games played weren't Norwich close to mid table?

I think it's better for confidence to ignore last season. 

Archived