Is it any 2 from 4?

cloughandtaylor

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We thought it was tight at the top this season, but reality shows that it was even tighter last season only 6pts separated 1st to 7th.

Where as this year the gap is between 1st and 7th is 10pts.

A couple of weeks ago they were saying it was any 2 from 5 because of the pts gap between 5th & 6th place - it does look like possibly 6pts is too much for Burnley to make up so it could well be a 2 from 4 this early.

10 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

A long way to go yet but we certainly look the strongest 4 teams in the league I've still got a feeling Brighton could drop off when a few injuries start hitting , they haven't got the depth us hull and boro have ! It's going to be interesting.

Can i just put the myth to bed that we don't have any injuries. We have Bong, Rosenior, Lua Lua, March, Baldock which are 5 of our first team out. Come February/March these players should all be back ready for the back end of the season and the title challenge. 

What we have done with out these players just goes to show that we do have strength in depth. We have not spent £20m + on our squad, we have resolve, togetherness and the team that fight for each other. All we have heard is "Brighton will fall away soon" "Brighton ain't played anyone good yet" "Brighton could drop off when a few injuries start happening". "Brighton this, Brighton That" Yet we're still sitting in the top two unbeaten.

I know its hard for other fans to take that "Little old Brighton" doing so well when we were relegation fodder last season, yet the two previous seasons we have been in the playoffs. 

Do we get the respect we deserve? Probably not.   

17 minutes ago, super rams said:

We thought it was tight at the top this season, but reality shows that it was even tighter last season only 6pts separated 1st to 7th.

A couple of weeks ago they were saying it was any 2 from 5 because of the pts gap between 5th & 6th place - it does look like possibly 6pts is too much for Burnley to make up so it could well be a 2 from 4 this early.

Far too early to say. How can 6pts be too much to make up with 25 games and 75 points to play for. Maybe with 4-5 games left but 25?.

You've said yourself that 2 weeks ago it was the top 5 & now it's the top 4 - doesn't that show you how quickly things can change as teams come in and out of form. We were 5 points clear at the top last season and somehow finished 8th for goodness sake.

13 minutes ago, BHAFC87 said:

Can i just put the myth to bed that we don't have any injuries. We have Bong, Rosenior, Lua Lua, March, Baldock which are 5 of our first team out. Come February/March these players should all be back ready for the back end of the season and the title challenge. 

What we have done with out these players just goes to show that we do have strength in depth. We have not spent £20m + on our squad, we have resolve, togetherness and the team that fight for each other. All we have heard is "Brighton will fall away soon" "Brighton ain't played anyone good yet" "Brighton could drop off when a few injuries start happening". "Brighton this, Brighton That" Yet we're still sitting in the top two unbeaten.

I know its hard for other fans to take that "Little old Brighton" doing so well when we were relegation fodder last season, yet the two previous seasons we have been in the playoffs. 

Don't lose at home to boring Boro this weeken and you'll have my respect mate. Always thought last seaon was a false position given you made playoffs with us in season before.

19 minutes ago, BHAFC87 said:

OK,  we will have to wait and see then ? 

10 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Don't lose at home to boring Boro this weeken and you'll have my respect mate. Always thought last seaon was a false position given you made playoffs with us in season before.

So we get your respect decided by one game? And Other fans say Derby fans are deluded and up their own a*se.

4 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

OK,  we will have to wait and see then ? 

What ever happens this season we know we have no definitive right to be promoted unlike some fans. We are just enjoying this ride and seeing where it takes us. 

1 minute ago, BHAFC87 said:

So we get your respect decided by one game? And Other fans say Derby fans are deluded and up their own a*se.

What ever happens this season we know we have no definitive right to be promoted unlike some fans. We are just enjoying this ride and seeing where it takes us. 

In fairness, BH, you've been around the forum long enough to know that plenty of us show Brighton a lot of respect. 

48 minutes ago, super rams said:

I seem to be repeating myself but It's hillarious that so many half wits are saying that Burnley having a 6 point gap is "too much for them to make up" but yet on the 80th minute of last Saturday's game we were 7 points behind Brighton... So it took us 100 minutes of football to pull back 5 points.....and there is 25 games left yet.....another 75 points... As I said, anyone can still go up. 

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

In fairness, BH, you've been around the forum long enough to know that plenty of us show Brighton a lot of respect. 

Yea i've seen a few poster without the Black and White tinted specs on giving us respect but the majority are completely dismissing/writing us off. Not just this forum. The same was said about B'muff last season, Look what happened there. 

1 minute ago, BHAFC87 said:

Yea i've seen a few poster without the Black and White tinted specs on giving us respect but the majority are completely dismissing/writing us off. Not just this forum. The same was said about B'muff last season, Look what happened there. 

Well put it this way, Bournemouth fans were not complaining about fans underestimating them all season when they secured promotion. So don't let it get to you. Your season is reminding me of our first season under McClaren, people were writing us off as a "mid table squad overachieving". 

But also don't forget, every team does have a run of poor form (99% of seasons), Bournemouth did, and the real test is how you come out of that. Some teams get back on the horse, like Bournemouth, others fall down a few places. The latter is more common, not to say I think it will happen to Brighton, but don't let others stifle your enjoyment of Brighton's play at the moment.

52 minutes ago, BHAFC87 said:

Now now, don't be touchy and just pull parts of posts out to get yourself pumped up. I also said (in a roundabout way) that brighton are more where I expect them to be this season. So you have my full respect that you are not a "little club" punching above its weight.

You could still do us a favour this weekend though - and earn eeeeeeven more kudos. Whats wrong with that?

As for being up our own a**e. Must be realhantsram.........;)

2 hours ago, BHAFC87 said:

Your on a DCFC forum and you expecting people not to look on the bright side of Derby!  Come on mate ! 

I pesonally think it will be 2 from the top 4. Because, as much as anything else the top 4 look pretty damn consistant.

Watford and Norwich did come from midtable around this time last year to mount their challenge however.

But I just dont see anyone doing it this year.

Also this time last year, Ipswich and derby were in the leading 4 along with Boro and Bournemouth, but both ended up dropping off.

Also on this subject, for someone else to join the party it will involve incredible form from a team lower down in the league (someone like Ipswich) along with a bad run of no wins in 6(like Burnley have just done) for those gaps to close up.

3 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

I pesonally think it will be 2 from the top 4. Because, as much as anything else the top 4 look pretty damn consistant.

Watford and Norwich did come from midtable around this time last year to mount their challenge however.

But I just dont see anyone doing it this year.

Also this time last year, Ipswich and derby were in the leading 4 along with Boro and Bournemouth, but both ended up dropping off.

Agree. It'll be 2 from the current top 4. I don't think any teams last season were as consistent as the top 4 this season. The only team in the top 4 who I think will drop off will be Brighton.

That's not because I don't think they belong there, the league doesn't lie. But they just conceed too many goals, it's exactly how we were over the last two seasons. The key to automatics is a solid defence.

It will be interesting. Whilst Brighton dont appear to have the squad depth of the other 3, they are talking about spending in January, and any more loans like Wilson from Man Utd and they will be a real threat. The confidence you get from 20 unbeaten does wonders. Even if they loose the odd game here and there, I cant seem them collapsing like we did last season. it will be interesting with March out for the season how they fair, and Dunk will also be suspended for a couple after the sending off at QPR.

Archived