Is it any 2 from 4?

cloughandtaylor

17 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Anyone who was saying at the beginning of the month that it was any 2 from 5 were completely stupid too....of course it isn't going to be.

If we were 8 points off automatic promotion would you honestly think it was over??????

There are 25 games to go.... that is 75 points...I promise you one thing, in those 25 games, Burnley, Hull, Derby, Brighton,Boro QPR, Rotherham, Forest, Wednesday, Cardiff, Fulham etc etc etc will ALL lose games you don't expect them to lose and win games you don't expect them to win... There are many many twists and turns to come yet and to say it is over for Burnley is just completely and utterly wrong.

Let us make a wager on here-

if Burnley get automatic promotion I will hand over £100 into the forums coffers - alternatively you are so confident Burnley will make top 2 if they don't, Daveo can have your £100? 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, super rams said:

if Burnley get automatic promotion I will hand over £100 into the forums coffers - alternatively you are so confident Burnley will make top 2 if they don't, Daveo can have your £100? 

i am not saying that they will finish in the top 2, what i am saying is that they are definitely not out of it..

how about a wager of 100 that the top 2 now isn't the top two at the end of the season and the 4 in the play offs now are not the four that are in the play offs at the end.

Brighton's a difficult one. Until last season I'd have said "no chance" but then Bournemouth got a run going, it seemed unsustainable but they kept it going. That being said their low goal difference indicates quite a bit of luck. 

I'm thinking us and Hull atm. Could see Boro being like us last year, fading a bit. But it's still wide open.

On the subject of Brighton, something I didnt realise was, that this is the 3rd decent season in the last 4 for them.

Im pretty sure they were play off semi finalists 2 years running, first they lost the 2nd leg at home to palace who went up, and the next year was when they nicked 6th spot and faced us in the playoffs. Last season they had a decent 2nd half of the season, was just the 1st half under Sami Hypia where they were total $hit.

1 hour ago, super rams said:

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

i am not saying that they will finish in the top 2, what i am saying is that they are definitely not out of it..

how about a wager of 100 that the top 2 now isn't the top two at the end of the season and the 4 in the play offs now are not the four that are in the play offs at the end.

Hang on a minute, the title of the posting is  - Is it any 2 from 4?

You have made many responses on here today stating -''Definitely not. Anyone could still win the title, absolutely anyone''.  

''as I have said we have made up 5 points on Brighton in 100 minutes of football...so the thought that Burnley have dropped out of the race now is just ridiculous...we aren't even half way through the season''.!

''So it took us 100 minutes of football to pull back 5 points.....and there is 25 games left yet.....another 75 points... As I said, anyone can still go up.'' 

So when you now say,  ''I am not saying that they will finish in the top 2,''   - You now agree that 8 pts to too much for Burnley to claw back to get into the top 2.

Which is what I said throughout this thread.......

:whistle:

Sorry Daveo, you nearly had some forum funds..............

PS - not too sure anybody on here as mentioned the current top 2 will be the same at the end of the season and similarly nobody has said the current teams in the plays off will be those in May!

If in doubt please reread the thread!

7 minutes ago, super rams said:

Hang on a minute, the title of the posting is  - Is it any 2 from 4?

You have made many responses on here today stating -''Definitely not. Anyone could still win the title, absolutely anyone''.  

''as I have said we have made up 5 points on Brighton in 100 minutes of football...so the thought that Burnley have dropped out of the race now is just ridiculous...we aren't even half way through the season''.!

''So it took us 100 minutes of football to pull back 5 points.....and there is 25 games left yet.....another 75 points... As I said, anyone can still go up.'' 

So when you now say,  ''I am not saying that they will finish in the top 2,''   - You now agree that 8 pts to too much for Burnley to claw back to get into the top 2.

Which is what I said throughout this thread.......

:whistle:

Sorry Daveo, you nearly had some forum funds..............

Maybe @MuespachRam is saying that Burnley are not out of it and still have a very good chance of finishing in the top 2 and is not writing them off and will be within a chance in the last few games of the automatics but doesn't believe they will quite acheive it. A bit like us when we finished 3rd a couple of seasons ago.

No it's any three from goodness knows how many. So really we could be 20 points clear of 6th and still miss out. I think that's happened once hasn't it? Anyway too early to say... If we lose to Ipswich they won't be too far behind us points wise. And loony get me started on the hat happened to us last year. 

9 hours ago, BHAFC87 said:

So we get your respect decided by one game? And Other fans say Derby fans are deluded and up their own a*se.

What ever happens this season we know we have no definitive right to be promoted unlike some fans. We are just enjoying this ride and seeing where it takes us. 

Well good for you. I know its very busy on your forum but you can toddle off for now and we'll see you in April

23 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

A long way to go yet but we certainly look the strongest 4 teams in the league I've still got a feeling Brighton could drop off when a few injuries start hitting , they haven't got the depth us hull and boro have ! It's going to be interesting.

Cant wait for saturday, Boro stand a good chance of ending their run, as they are now minus

Dunk and Marche. Suppose all we really need is for them to keep getting draws, and we will catch up.

8 hours ago, jagerbob said:

I pesonally think it will be 2 from the top 4. Because, as much as anything else the top 4 look pretty damn consistant.

Watford and Norwich did come from midtable around this time last year to mount their challenge however.

But I just dont see anyone doing it this year.

QPR with a new lease of life under Hasselbank, could def make the top 4.

Another head in hands moment courtesy of super rams.

To write Burnley off because they're 8 points off in December in ridiculous. How long have you watched the Championship? I personally don't think they will because there are better teams, not because 8 points is unassailable.

Why would anyone bet £100 on a club to finish top 2? I wouldn't put £100 on Boro, us, Hull or Brighton to finish top 2. I wouldn't even put £100 on us to finish top 2 if we were 4 points clear with 2 games left.

22 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I don't know why Brighton would complain about teams/fans showing them no respect, because it is by far their biggest weapon this season as teams don't look to find ways to stop them.

If everyone knew Brighton were serious contenders, they probably wouldn't be doing as well as a fair few teams would have done everything to stop them playing - like feigning injuries, men behind the ball (sound famililar?).

When teams just focus on their own game and pay little attention to Brighton's key strengths, then it's easier to pick up results as we found out during McClaren's first season.

Brighton fans should welcome not receiving respect, they'd be mad not to.

I'm getting a little tired of it as well to be honest. "OMG Troy Deeney said we'll drop off on Goals on Sunday" etc etc.

I like to come on here to talk football and put right any untrue misconceptions and myths as everyone here is obviously enjoying the season and it's not like the Premier League where you see everything to do with every other club so it's nice to chat with you guys but the constant need for 'respect' is growing a little tiring. Besides Derby fans have on the whole been pretty fair to us I think. 

2 minutes ago, super rams said:

That was the play offs.....not automatic top 2

They still overtook us when we were 8 ahead. You're arguing it can't be done - it can. They were also 8 points behind Boro in January and finished above them.

Archived