Boro Away Tickets

rammieib

Shame on Boro for charging £32 (We are guilty at times I agree)

Shame on Derby for a £1.50 booking fee per ticket for online or phone tickets.

Shame Derby cannot post tickets out at their expense and even want to make money on this. (£1 per transaction)

So will I pay £34.50 for a Boro away ticket? Absolutely not. DCFC have lost my support although Boro killed obtaining my revenue first.

Be nice if Mel would subsidise away tickets every now and then with his Billion against his name. Obviously money is no matter to him and 4000 fans at Boro really could make the difference.

Clubs like Leeds, Forest, Boro, Wednesday make me sad but I don't think we are any better.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Shame Derby cannot post tickets out at their expense and even want to make money on this. (£1 per transaction)

So will I pay £34.50 for a Boro away ticket? Absolutely not. DCFC have lost my support although Boro killed obtaining my revenue first.

Be nice if Mel would subsidise away tickets every now and then with his Billion against his name. Obviously money is no matter to him and 4000 fans at Boro really could make the difference.

Clubs like Leeds, Forest, Boro, Wednesday make me sad but I don't think we are any better.

Yea Mel should subsidise our tickets. He's been a right tight barsteward so far this season hasn't he?

I don't think it's particularly outrageous, concessions are only £17 quid including under 18's, means I can go and take my lad for £49, far better than Sheff Weds who want £72 for the same, despite being on TV. 

Agree booking fees are a con though, time they were legislated for.

I am actually going to this one, well planning to. Going to go up to Newcastle for New Years and then stay over and go to this on the way back. Very much looking forward to it, I don't go to many away games so the price isn't too much of a fuss for me.

8 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I don't think it's particularly outrageous, concessions are only £17 quid including under 18's, means I can go and take my lad for £49, far better than Sheff Weds who want £72 for the same, despite being on TV. 

Agree booking fees are a con though, time they were legislated for.

Problem for me is the travel... And all the add ons you get for an away day... Me taking my two lads is £150/200 day out...

£1.50 booking fee. 

Which of course is for booking. Because otherwise Boro would sell those seats to... 

Think I'm getting grumpy in my age. There was a time when I'd never question the price of Derby County. I needed to be there. I wanted to back the team.

Now I look at the prices sometimes, not all the time, and think you know what? I'm alright ta. I don't want to put £50 fuel in the car. Lose all my Saturday away from my kids and watch blokes take 5 minutes to take a goal kick, argue with a referee and roll around on the floor 'injured'

If teams want the support then they'll do something about it. They want the money. Fair enough. 

Like Norwich last season.

"The lads need our support". In the end that point didn't do owt. I'd love to back the team but for me, maybe not for others, I'm just not getting the monies worth. 

Like games where you have to endure the M6. Can I please pay about £80 please for 4 hours traffic and a 90 minute stand in a dead stadium watching a match that isn't make or break in my teams season? Oh, a booking fee? Take my money!! 

Fair play to those that still NEED to be there. I used to feel the need to be part of 600 blokes going to watch a midtable side play for a draw. But I think I've lost it now since having kids and the prices keep going up and up. 

Might go to Boro, might not. Might make me a half fan, don't really care. I'd go if I felt I wasn't being taken the piss out of. £64 + petrol + food and drink = £100? For what? If the answer isn't "I NEED to back Derby" then I don't know what is. Because it's certainly not a guaranteed good worthwhile trip.

I'd rather eat my own testicles than pay the prices Arsenal will charge us one day. 'kin hilarious prices. It's football. They play it on Alvaston Park. Free

Oh I went in a rant but I'm not knocking anyone who pays it. I might pay £50 for a match if a feel motivated to. I'm just saying that there must be hundreds of Rams fans that followed Derby out of blind support that now, at these prices, are thinking "Yeah, im not that much of a mug"

To those that go, enjoy it!! Misbehave, steal something. You've paid at least £50 to go to Middlesbrough for an hour. You deserve to come back with someone else's stuff. 

We are having a run of higher-priced away tickets at the time of the year when people have lots of other financial pressures. It's an unfortunate by-product of our success that we are usually one of the highest priced category matches for most clubs. 

We go to the matches but are really mean with the extras (sandwiches and a flask from home, no programmes ). 

I feel for people who can't or won't pay the prices and respect that. However, while I  can afford to pay,  I will. 

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Oh I went in a rant but I'm not knocking anyone who pays it. I might pay £50 for a match if a feel motivated to. I'm just saying that there must be hundreds of Rams fans that followed Derby out of blind support that now, at these prices, are thinking "Yeah, im not that much of a mug"

To those that go, enjoy it!! Misbehave, steal something. You've paid at least £50 to go to Middlesbrough for an hour. You deserve to come back with someone else's stuff. 

hour and a half actually , but good points , Alpha..

9 hours ago, rammieib said:

Agree about booking fee and postage but saying he should subsidise your tickets is ridiculous.

£1 postage for me is reasonable if I travelled to the ground it would cost me approx £5 in fuel. Not sure why I pay £1.50 booking fee. I get four tickets in one transaction and it costs me an extra £6. I want to go up to Boro it isn't the cost of the tickets that putting me off. It's Mrs Gritters waving her rolling pin.

Never said anything bad about him but don't worry, you can misinterpret my words.

Haven't misinterpreted anything. You said  it would be nice if he subsidised away tickets with his billion and money is no matter to him. Very respectful. I was saying in a round about way that he has already spent rather a lot on the club, we which really should be grateful for, and he does have to draw the line somewhere.

22 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Agree about booking fee and postage but saying he should subsidise your tickets is ridiculous.

I'm not saying he should but I'm saying it would be an incredibly nice gesture. Would prefer it over the £30k he probably spent on scarfs. Would even be a nice touch over the £20 million he is prepared to spend on players.

Again I can afford it, I'm just questioning whether it's value for money. I draw the line at £30.

Never said anything bad about him but don't worry, you can misinterpret my words.

"Derby County have lost my support".

Let me try to misinterpret those words. Hmmmm. Nope, sorry. Tells it like it is.

1 hour ago, mozza said:

hour and a half actually , but good points , Alpha..

Half an hour singing "Your ground's too big for you" as well. Easy mistake to make.

9 minutes ago, robster1 said:

Get yourself a Derby County credit card, no booking fee for tickets then.

Only applies to home tickets, not away!

Seeing as most people have one to pay for season tickets too, not much of an offer!

Archived