Boro Away Tickets

rammieib

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sage said:

Yes.

Will be drinking there and Valley Bar which has 100 Belgian beers about 20-30% cheaper than the Brewery Tap

Paid £26 for return train tickets from Belper for me and the lad.

We were going to go to the Valley Bar last week, but it was chucking it down so we stayed in the Grand Hotel (which is a very tired old place we won't be visiting again)

23 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Can't find a link to confirm but I'm pretty sure we charged Boro fans more for the game at the iPro in August, knowing they have a large away following and would pay it regardless. I was a little embarrassed. If memory serves it was £34.

So less than the Wendies are charging tomorrow then

54 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Can't find a link to confirm but I'm pretty sure we charged Boro fans more for the game at the iPro in August, knowing they have a large away following and would pay it regardless. I was a little embarrassed. If memory serves it was £34.

My mistake, apparently. Looks as if we charged £30 on the night so presumably £27 in advance: http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/article/2014/boro-derby-county-ipro-stadium-2625719.aspx

31 minutes ago, eddie said:

So less than the Wendies are charging tomorrow then

The Wendies price is absurd and it serves them right that the usual numbers won't pay it. Pure exploitation.

11 hours ago, eddie said:

"Derby County have lost my support".

Let me try to misinterpret those words. Hmmmm. Nope, sorry. Tells it like it is.

Yes lost my support for the Boro match. Not said anything bad about Mel have I? If you're going to try and catch me out Eddie, least do it when I have made a mistake.

I will add I find us with our ticket pricing embarrassing at times.

8 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Yes lost my support for the Boro match. Not said anything bad about Mel have I? If you're going to try and catch me out Eddie, least do it when I have made a mistake.

I will add I find us with our ticket pricing embarrassing at times.

You would think, wouldn't you, that if our ticket prices are so outrageous, then our gates would be lower as people vote with their feet - yet not only do we have the highest gates in the division, we also have the highest percentage of seats sold this season by some distance.

You seem to be singling Derby out for 'special treatment' - yet our prices are no higher than many other Championship clubs, and cheaper than some. In fact, we seem to be very much 'middle of the road'.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/03/championship-ticket-prices-52-pounds-game

24 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Another one who doesn't bother reading the thread and misinterprets. 

'Be nice if Mel would subsidise away tickets every now and then with his Billion against his name. Obviously money is no matter to him'

That's where you lose your credibility pal. 

Look at Barnsley away a few seasons ago at Twixmas, £10 notes a ticket and 6000 are sold, with plenty of demand unable to get a ticket.

20's plenty deserves to succeed, I wouldn't moan about paying more than away fans if I knew I was to receive the same deal in return, which I guess is the point.

46 minutes ago, robglosta said:

'Be nice if Mel would subsidise away tickets every now and then with his Billion against his name. Obviously money is no matter to him'

That's where you lose your credibility pal. 

Have a look at what Swansea did this season. Also why does that statement lose my credibility?

9 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Have a look at what Swansea did this season. Also why does that statement lose my credibility?

Mel has yet again rejuvenated this club to the point where we can be in the top two tomorrow - and you're gagging for a free road rider or £3 off an away ticket? Have a word with yourself. 

1 hour ago, eddie said:

You would think, wouldn't you, that if our ticket prices are so outrageous, then our gates would be lower as people vote with their feet - yet not only do we have the highest gates in the division, we also have the highest percentage of seats sold this season by some distance.

You seem to be singling Derby out for 'special treatment' - yet our prices are no higher than many other Championship clubs, and cheaper than some. In fact, we seem to be very much 'middle of the road'.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/03/championship-ticket-prices-52-pounds-game

Eddie, our attendances are generally good due to the 23,000 or so season ticket holders. This leaves 6000 or so paying spectators of which one game only attracted 3600 paying spectators. Apart from the vast number of different options I believe our ST pricing to offer good value. My personal ticket works out around £16 per game which is value for money. I agree entirely that a club should maximise its ST base at the expense of match day games.

Where I disagree is what prices are charged for individual games. Do we need to charge £30 plus for some matches? No we don't, I get why we do it, we are a business and there is supply and demand. One of my points though is since Mel has come in and been prepared to open his cheque book more, I'm saying it would be a nice touch, even a legacy if something could be done to offer lower prices for DCFC fans and then also gain a reputation for charging sensible/good value match day tickets. Always been impressed with places like Preston, Blackpool, Brum this season who don't exploit the fans.

Economies of scale will work for one off games (Barnsley away 6000) but wouldn't work long term. There would be an increase though and the club should maximise match day income in other areas through a higher gate.

Twentys plenty is a campaign I have signed up for. Wouldn't it be brilliant if we could become a pioneer by invoking it.

As for the report on pricing that came out a few months ago - DCFC got a lot of credit for the ten pound ticket. The wrong question was asked. It should have been what minimum price would you have to pay for a ticket that would guarantee you a ticket for any home game. The answer would be in the thirties. Exactly how many games a season are there ten pound tickets for.

In the whole, of the 24 teams in the Championship, the fact we lead the stats with seats taken per game at 87% is more to me a sad indictment of the Championship. Leeds and Sheffield Wed sit at 58% and 52% respectively. They are killing their long term support base.

6 minutes ago, robglosta said:

Mel has yet again rejuvenated this club to the point where we can be in the top two tomorrow - and you're gagging for a free road rider or £3 off an away ticket? Have a word with yourself. 

So you haven't bothered reading about Swansea. Fair enough.

Yes Mel has rejuvenated the club. That's not a discussion, because we are both of the same side.

Bigger point - ridiculous ticket prices overall.

Bigger point - Derby are culprits in the ridiculous ticket prices.

Smaller point - A booking fee is a take the pi$$ and exploit the fan, and make a couple of grand of away ticket sales.

Suggestion made - the club/Mel supporting fans by subsidising away tickets. I'd prefer it to a free scarf, it would be a legacy, it would REALLY put his name out there on the map (Not saying it isn't already) and my point about his money is that he seems very ready to chucking it towards player transfer fees, what would be wrong with chucking a bit back at the fans?

And now of course because you have read up about Swansea and stopped being lazy, what they have done cost in the region of Bradley's left arm...£300k.

Archived