Boro Away Tickets

rammieib

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Eddie, our attendances are generally good due to the 23,000 or so season ticket holders. This leaves 6000 or so paying spectators of which one game only attracted 3600 paying spectators. Apart from the vast number of different options I believe our ST pricing to offer good value. My personal ticket works out around £16 per game which is value for money. I agree entirely that a club should maximise its ST base at the expense of match day games.

Where I disagree is what prices are charged for individual games. Do we need to charge £30 plus for some matches? No we don't, I get why we do it, we are a business and there is supply and demand. One of my points though is since Mel has come in and been prepared to open his cheque book more, I'm saying it would be a nice touch, even a legacy if something could be done to offer lower prices for DCFC fans and then also gain a reputation for charging sensible/good value match day tickets. Always been impressed with places like Preston, Blackpool, Brum this season who don't exploit the fans.

Economies of scale will work for one off games (Barnsley away 6000) but wouldn't work long term. There would be an increase though and the club should maximise match day income in other areas through a higher gate.

Twentys plenty is a campaign I have signed up for. Wouldn't it be brilliant if we could become a pioneer by invoking it.

As for the report on pricing that came out a few months ago - DCFC got a lot of credit for the ten pound ticket. The wrong question was asked. It should have been what minimum price would you have to pay for a ticket that would guarantee you a ticket for any home game. The answer would be in the thirties. Exactly how many games a season are there ten pound tickets for.

In the whole, of the 24 teams in the Championship, the fact we lead the stats with seats taken per game at 87% is more to me a sad indictment of the Championship. Leeds and Sheffield Wed sit at 58% and 52% respectively. They are killing their long term support base.

Like I said, you have singled out Derby County for special criticism, and I don't quite see why. Contact Mel Morris, ask if he thinks that prices are too high. If he agrees with you, then perhaps we might see some progress in that area. I too agree that ticket prices for away fans should be pegged to a maximum of £20 - having a decent away contingent is good for atmosphere for a start.

I felt that the price increase for disabled fans a couple of years ago was extortionate - I put my case to the club and they agreed, and re-drew their disabled fans policy.

8 hours ago, rammieib said:

And now of course because you have read up about Swansea and stopped being lazy, what they have done cost in the region of Bradley's left arm...£300k.

Every pl club gets 300k a season from the league to spend on away fans, it's upto the club how they spend it, whether that's cheaper travel, reduced prices etc.

I'm pretty sure we'll have our hands on that cash next season too, how would you spend it?

The trouble with subsidising away ticket prices is that our club would be putting money directly into another club. If this happened surely other clubs would keep their prices high and laugh all the way to the bank?

If we subsidise away travel it only benefits a small number of fans. Although I am not against that idea - it is our choice how we travel to games and we could benefit if we chose to.

Of course the club did do something to incentivise regular away fans last season when they put us in a draw for a free season ticket. 25 people won one - cost to club c. £10,000. If instead they had given us all a discount off this season's ticket (and I'm guessing there were about 800 of us in the draw) we would only have got £12.50 off the ticket. 

The way they did it was a bit of fun and great if you won one (like my other half!) so credit for that. I'm sure similar initiatives will happen in the future. 

21 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Every pl club gets 300k a season from the league to spend on away fans, it's upto the club how they spend it, whether that's cheaper travel, reduced prices etc.

I'm pretty sure we'll have our hands on that cash next season too, how would you spend it?

I didn’t realise this. Given what I have just posted above, how about some sort of discount on home ticketing,  depending upon number of away matches attended? I  say this to try and keep the money in the club.

Sadly , much as I want us to go up I don't think we will be able to go to many away matches if we do because of the Premier league prices. I think we will pick and choose a few grounds we haven't visited before. 

2 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I am also not aware of this? Is this info available online anywhere?

Anyone who pays £43 for todays game needs their heads examined.

I don't agree with a cap (clubs should be free to set their own prices, we're not a communist country), but they should be set with consultation from fans.

£30 for me is still the very limit I'll pay for any league game, home or away. This rules me out of Forest, Leeds and unfortunately an increasing amount of other games away from home.

I disagree with the demand based pricing (more like 'buy as soon as you can', because it never ever goes down towards the day of the game, despite us not selling out totally once yet this season) we have at home as it penalises fans who like to turn up on the day and buy at the ground (it's not all that easy to get to Pride Park in the week), and buying tickets for a game 3 months beforehand is just not something normal people do. How am I meant to know what I'm doing in March?

Clubs need to acknowledge that there's a record amount of money in the game, and stop fleecing the fans. Abolish categories for different clubs, encourage away fans to attend, have student and young person discount, stop increasing prices on the day, stop admin fees for buying over the phone (especially when choosing to collect)...

£20 average price should be the norm.

there is only one way to change it and that is to not buy the tickets and don't go.....but that will never happen.

everyone was up in arms about Norwich charging so much last season and protesting etc but guess what.....people still all went and no one outside of this forum even knew there was any sort of "protest" about the price....whereas last season when Cardiff were complaining about Leeds last season and only a couple of their fans went this made national news....if people keep doing this then they will keep putting the prices up an up and therefore no one can moan about it.

all the "20's plenty" rubbish is exactly that....just don't go it really is that simple.

10 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I assumed it was common knowledge, I'll post some links shortly.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/away-supporters-initiative-201415

Every link I've seen states the amount as 200k, not 300. 

Sure I'd read it was going up to 300k somewhere.

Thanks Revil - reading that I would say a few clubs have spent the £200k but overall it isn't enough in my eyes. 

If I get time tomorrow I may try and work out the total amount of subsidy needed if every ticket was twenty for all DCFC away tickets this season.

£37 for Leeds away, over Christmas and on Sky. What a farce.

6 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

there is only one way to change it and that is to not buy the tickets and don't go.....but that will never happen.

everyone was up in arms about Norwich charging so much last season and protesting etc but guess what.....people still all went and no one outside of this forum even knew there was any sort of "protest" about the price....whereas last season when Cardiff were complaining about Leeds last season and only a couple of their fans went this made national news....if people keep doing this then they will keep putting the prices up an up and therefore no one can moan about it.

all the "20's plenty" rubbish is exactly that....just don't go it really is that simple.

Exactly... If you want make it work with a protest... A national strike of all four top divisions over a weekend... Cameras can dodge banners but can't dodge empty stadia

Archived