Next 10 games...

ck-

44 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Look above at rynny's post. You have contradicted yourself. 

If you want to go on stats then Derby are the most controlled attacking side in the division

If you want to say whoever dominates possession and has the most shots deserves to win then you have contradicted what you said about our previous games such as Birmingham and Charlton

If you want to go back to the "tippy tappy between the back 4" comment not counting as good possession... what were Hull doing? Because all their football was played in front of us. 

Of course I'm tetchy. Your slating Derby County when we've won 10 of the last 13? Conceded 11 goals in 18 matches. Consistently display good game management and have only lost 3 matches in 19 in all competitions.

Was the Hull game the best we've played this season? Possibly not. Could we have done better. I think so. 

But we were slightly better than Hull (one of the best teams we'll play) even according to Hull. If they'd gone 2-0 up then they'd have played on the counter. At 0-0 Derby had more possession, shots and by far better quality chances.

They were playing that at 0-0 or at least intending to.

The ignore button is a welcome addition for sanity with some posters. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Alpha said:

Look above at rynny's post. You have contradicted yourself.

Nonsense again nothing to do with the Hull Game

If you want to go on stats then Derby are the most controlled attacking side in the division

Who's said we weren't - you do try to justify your posts with answers to a statements that have not been made?

If you want to say whoever dominates possession and has the most shots deserves to win then you have contradicted what you said about our previous games such as Birmingham and Charlton

Nobody has mentioned Birmingham or Charlton in this thread part from you - see above

If you want to go back to the "tippy tappy between the back 4" comment not counting as good possession... what were Hull doing? Because all their football was played in front of us. 

Logic dictates they cannot play behind us!

Of course I'm tetchy. Your slating Derby County when we've won 10 of the last 13? Conceded 11 goals in 18 matches. Consistently display good game management and have only lost 3 matches in 19 in all competitions.

Not slated us - see my game review in the match thread - the were unlucky not to take any of their chances - even Clements mentioned it in his post match review because they had enough chances. Hull will play the same way again in another game and put 4 or 5 away.

Was the Hull game the best we've played this season? Possibly not. Could we have done better. I think so.

It is possibly the best first 34 mins we have played this season , could we have done ,certainly - again see Clements post match review [we play well in the 1st half]

But we were slightly better than Hull (one of the best teams we'll play) even according to Hull. If they'd gone 2-0 up then they'd have played on the counter. At 0-0 Derby had more possession, shots and by far better quality chances.

We were so much better for the first 34 mins, once Bruce realized he set up the Hull formation wrong and we were dominating midfield, he changed formation and we then were forced to into the midfield sitting deeper. Totally agree regarding 0-0 comment.

1 hour ago, super rams said:

Nonsense again nothing to do with the Hull Game

Derby play like Hull did and it was rubbish the only stats that matter are goals scored, Hull play like it and are unlucky they didn't score. This makes you a hypocrite or a troll.

You're not thick so please don't waste our time by pretending to be.

Your exact praise of Hull is exactly the same criticisms you levelled at Derby for the early games. 

Your exact criteria for "deserving to win" contradicts itself. 

That is why Charlton and Birmingham games are relevant. Because then, possession was dismissed. Shots and chances dismissed because "The only stats that matter are the results" . 

Bris for example was dissapointed that we didn't control the ball better v Hull. That's fair enough because his criteria for deserving to win is based on possession + territory + chances. But he sticks with that criteria. He doesnt change it. Like you have. 

Paul Clement, Steve Bruce, Peter Beagrie... All the people your selective quoting have said we deserved to win. Not lucky to win. Deserved to win. 

Pick your criteria and stick with it. That's why your point looks ridiculous. Not because you're claiming Hull deserved something. But because you're saying they deserved something based on stats you were dismissing 2 months ago. 

5 hours ago, Alpha said:

Your exact praise of Hull is exactly the same criticisms you levelled at Derby for the early games.

That is why Charlton and Birmingham games are relevant. Because then, possession was dismissed. Shots and chances dismissed because "The only stats that matter are the results" .

Bris for example was dissapointed that we didn't control the ball better v Hull. That's fair enough because his criteria for deserving to win is based on possession + territory + chances. But he sticks with that criteria. He doesnt change it. Like you have.

Paul Clement, Steve Bruce, Peter Beagrie... All the people your selective quoting have said we deserved to win. Not lucky to win. Deserved to win.

Pick your criteria and stick with it. That's why your point looks ridiculous. Not because you're claiming Hull deserved something. But because you're saying they deserved something based on stats you were dismissing 2 months ago.

Look, Hull will play the same as the did against us another day and put 4 or 5 away - they did create 23 chances - thats why they are top scorers.

If we play the we did against Hull in the future [ which means the opposition having 62% and creating 23 chances then we will might concede a few - even Clement said ''we played well in the first half'' - But hey, I forgot you don't want to accept the coach's view as your must be better.

Perhaps the next game you watch take off those blinkers.....

1 minute ago, super rams said:

Look, Hull will play the same as the did against us another day and put 4 or 5 away - they did create 23 chances - thats why they are top scorers.

If we play the we did against Hull in the future [ which means the opposition having 62% and creating 23 chances then we will might concede a few - even Clement said ''we played well in the first half'' - But hey I forgot you don't want to acccept the coach's view as your must be better.

Give it a rest and just admit you're talking rubbish.

If you honestly believe that Hull created 23, or even had better chances than us, then I can only conclude that you did not even watch the game.

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Give it a rest and just admit you're talking rubbish.

If you honestly believe that Hull created 23, or even had better chances than us, then I can only conclude that you did not even watch the game.

Look at the official stats - not my stats, not the blinkers stats -23 chances is what is recorded, if you want to disrecard that then thats up to you - but those are the facts.

Out of the 23 chances only 2 ended up between the sticks, but 23 is recorded.

1 minute ago, super rams said:

Look at the official stats - not my stats, not the blinkers stats -23 chances is what is recorded, if you want to disrecard that then thats up to you - but those are the facts.

I have never seem any site which records chances created, please point me in the direction and I will look to see what they are classing as chances.

If you are referring to shots and they only managed to get 2 out of 23 on target then the defence have done their job. (Blocks or forcing long range shots)

Alternatively go away and come back with a stat of what you class as good goal scoring opportunities where they failed to hit the target.

If you think they created more good goal scoring opportunities than us then it is you that is blinkered and are just blindly trying to back up your Clement is not up to the job theory.

19 minutes ago, super rams said:

Super Rams, do you have access to ramsplayer? Look at the match again. If not look at the stats on the site below. Almost the same as the ones I recorded myself. No way did they have 23 chances.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/live/match-stats/339742/hull-city-v-derby-county

Exactly what are "official stats" anyway? The BBC is not the "official" watchdog of English football - an individual has probably put those figures together based on what he (or she) saw or read about so their assessment of what constitutes a chance, on target attempt etc etc is no more valid than yours or mine.

Just read this thread from the beginning for the first time (time in my life I will never get back). Super Rams - you are either a troll (in which case please continue to provide some hilarity during the day) or if not a troll, you really need to get a grip of yourself before the guys in white coats come calling anytime soon.

6 hours ago, Alpha said:

You are a clever man Alpha. COYR

6 hours ago, Alpha said:

I agree with everything apart from the first 3 words.

Archived