Hey Baby 4D

TigerTedd

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’d have definitely been up for it when my missus was pregnant but we don’t plan to have any more, so that’s a shame.

Just out of interest – what sort of cost is it to have a 4D scan? Do the maternity unit at the Royal do you referrals or allow you to advertise?

I found their scanning staff pretty miserable – yeah I get that this is the 8 millionth time you’ve done this, but if you can’t strap on a smile for parents-to-be who are genuinely in awe of what is happening, then maybe you’re in the wrong job.

I was also disgusted to find that they started charging for standard scan prints at the Royal too. So much for a free NHS

12 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

I’d have definitely been up for it when my missus was pregnant but we don’t plan to have any more, so that’s a shame.

Just out of interest – what sort of cost is it to have a 4D scan? Do the maternity unit at the Royal do you referrals or allow you to advertise?

I found their scanning staff pretty miserable – yeah I get that this is the 8 millionth time you’ve done this, but if you can’t strap on a smile for parents-to-be who are genuinely in awe of what is happening, then maybe you’re in the wrong job.

I was also disgusted to find that they started charging for standard scan prints at the Royal too. So much for a free NHS

Yes, at the NHS they are just interested in taking the appropriate measurements and making sure everything is ticking along nicely... NEXT. As parents, we are of course concerned about that, but we're also really excited that this is the first time we get to see the baby, and we'd like to spend a bit more time soaking that in. It's an emotional experience, but the NHS don't really have time for that. I say it all in my newspaper interview (which will be in the Telegraph on Saturday).

A basic scan, similar to what you'd get at the NHS, but for people who can't wait, is £49. A scan later on in pregnancy with all singing, all dancing babies in 4D, and video and photos to take home is £99, and there are a couple of packages in between.

I'm actually surprised how many people go for the early scan. I'm a bit tight and was happy to wait for the NHS scan, but we're getting a lot of people book in for early pregnancy confirmation and gender confirmation scans.

@TigerTedd we went to a place in Shepshed Miracle in progress it was called. Pretty basic setup and offering similar priced packages to yourself and business was booming there even more so after a few celeb endorsements. I use the term celeb very loosely it was Sam Bailey off x factor and one of the girls from liberty x from when I was a lad haha. Best of luck

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, reveldevil said:

How is it going @TigerTedd?

Hopefully all is well and your business is doing great?

Thanks for bump. Yes it is. If I'm honest, I'm still not 100% happy with everything, I think we're about a 7 out of 10, and I want us to be a 10 out of 10. But now we've got all the basics in place, I'm doing a lot of work this month on really polishing the service and getting us closer to where I want us to be, not just the best in Derby (the only one in Derby) but the best in the East Mids. 

But it's a proper business, very exciting. It's nice to have an office of my own to go to every day, and staff etc. Not quite in a position where I can retire yet though :) 

13 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Thanks for bump. Yes it is. If I'm honest, I'm still not 100% happy with everything, I think we're about a 7 out of 10, and I want us to be a 10 out of 10. But now we've got all the basics in place, I'm doing a lot of work this month on really polishing the service and getting us closer to where I want us to be, not just the best in Derby (the only one in Derby) but the best in the East Mids. 

But it's a proper business, very exciting. It's nice to have an office of my own to go to every day, and staff etc. Not quite in a position where I can retire yet though :) 

Good to hear, glad it's working out for you!

We had this done about 6 years ago at The Nuffield hospital Littleover (I guess it's not done there now if you're the only one in derby?). Got all the grandparents there. Brilliant. Pictures weren't amazing but a nice thing to do. 

All the best with the business. Having your own business is very, very hard but also satisfying too! 

41 minutes ago, jono said:

What's the 4th dimension ? 

I had it done at the Nuffield too, @RobboRam, 6 and a bit years ago. They aren't there any more. And I asked this question. If the 4th dimension is time, as I was always led to believe, it should show you a picture if the baby aged 10 or something. 

But now I'm involved in it, @jono I can tell you the 4th dimension refers to movement. So you can see the 3D images in real time. 

Archived