Lee Camp

Anon

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

I've always thought he was a bellend because of the way he'd strut around the penalty area and over-celebrate against us. Like a bellend.

He always struck me as the sort of keeper who'd run over to his own fans and do a knee-slide when the team scored a goal that he played zero part in.

I think I would be a bellend in that case as well, when you're stood there with a stand of blokes shouting abuse at you all game,  when you score I would turn round give it some back.

If you want an ex player to show some respect, show the player some respect first. Shout abuse, expect to get some back. Non of this he should be a professional and take it, if you're man enough to give it, be man enough to take it.

Still yet to here a case for him being given the bellend status

Players have to work and do not always have a great choice. Players' wives sometimes do not want to move house, kids etc. Camp did his job for us as best he could. We have Carson now. i am rarely appalled but Barca supposed to be offering Neymar £500,000 a week. Obscene at some level.

1 hour ago, ValeRam said:

The verbals he gets is wholly to do with the Forest thing in my view and the "dad" stuff is just a stick to beat him with. I suspect most of us agreed with his old man at the time during that appalling Phil Brown era. I reckon he did well for Rams whilst he was here and has had a very good career overall at a very high level as a professional footballer. But moving to the dark side, and revelling in it at times, he was always going to be on the receiving when when coming back to pride park. 

Interesting contrast to the very warm reception afforded to Paul Green who also did a good job for us and who most of us were sad to see leave, despite it being to dirty leeds. I'm not so sure it would have been the same if he had gone to Forest instead.

I always thought he was ***** after his first few decent games.

3 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

He always struck me as the sort of keeper who'd run over to his own fans and do a knee-slide when the team scored a goal that he played zero part in.

Like Carson doing a front flip when we played WBA a few years ago?:sleep:

11 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Did he? 

Wasnt that 2-2 draw was it? When we had DJ Campbell. Heated atmosphere that was

Yeah he did, and that's the game. He ran to the dug out to do it for some reason? Only to pick the ball out of his net 30 seconds later :lol: 

Found it funny as the WBA were singing "Hendrie what's the score" as he crossed it in for DJ to score.

It was a heated gamesl, Dorrans should have been sent off for hitting Savage in the back whilst he was on the floor (bloody coward) Cox hand balled to score then tried it again 2 mins later, DJ got scythed down for their 2nd then Carsons antics, then Hendrie was goading their fans after the final whistle and had to be dragged away by a few of our players.

On 01/11/2015 19:57:02, Anon said:

Before anybody gets all precious I'll add a disclaimer. I don't mind anyone booing Camp or giving him stick.

Having said that I do think it's bizarre that the guy is so reviled. It was very foolish and unnecessary for his dad to go on radio Derby, but can anyone here honestly say that they agree with Phil Brown's decision to play the 42 year old goalkeeping coach Kevin Poole over Camp and Grant? As for his other crimes, well you tell me. What makes you so incensed with Lee Camp? Is it the fact that he signed for Forest at all? Is it having the temerity to save "that penalty" in front of the North Stand? Was it the celebrations after that game?

I'd like to know, exactly the same.
I know im probbably in the minority. But I dont hate Lee camp, and i felt sorry for him when i was in the south east corner the first time he played for them against us. The abuse he was getting was unbelivable, As for THAT save, and that reaction. i think that was just a reaction from him, given the abuse he was getting. the abuse started before that penalty save happened.

Archived