Lee Camp

Anon

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Anon said:

Before anybody gets all precious I'll add a disclaimer. I don't mind anyone booing Camp or giving him stick.

Having said that I do think it's bizarre that the guy is so reviled. It was very foolish and unnecessary for his dad to go on radio Derby, but can anyone here honestly say that they agree with Phil Brown's decision to play the 42 year old goalkeeping coach Kevin Poole over Camp and Grant? As for his other crimes, well you tell me. What makes you so incensed with Lee Camp? Is it the fact that he signed for Forest at all? Is it having the temerity to save "that penalty" in front of the North Stand? Was it the celebrations after that game?

He is propably still better than those two...:)

It was the way he used to ponce around in the goalmouth at Forest , swinging on the bar and the like as if his services weren't really needed because we were never likely to score that really got up our noses..................hence 'Campy Campy what's the SCORE??'

6 hours ago, Anon said:

Just making sure that everyone knows this isn't a witch hunt and there's no implied criticism of anyone who boos Camp. Footballers get stick from the terraces, it's just part of the game. I just wanted to know people's reasons or what the tipping point for the hatred was.

AH I see and I agree with you.

Whilst we're explaining things, can anyone tell me the reason behind the Stan Collymore chant each game and how that supports the team on the pitch?

I find it odd that's all that we have 11 of our own players on the pitch, some without chants yet an ex irrelevant player who's not even at the game gets one every week.

17 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Whilst we're explaining things, can anyone tell me the reason behind the Stan Collymore chant each game and how that supports the team on the pitch?

I find it odd that's all that we have 11 of our own players on the pitch, some without chants yet an ex irrelevant player who's not even at the game gets one every week.

This. Who the **** is Stan Collymore for us to give a **** about? Don't gerrit. Not even a good song.

53 minutes ago, Srg said:

When did everyone suddenly get so over sensitive?

How dare you? We're not oversensitive at all, it's so unfair you saying that and I demand an apology. 

The Stan song I don't see the point and don't sing it. Might be more for the older generation for there hate towards him.

Camp I did boo and sang the songs etc. What a ***** he is every time he played Derby he was cocky and winding us up. That celebration after the penalty save still stays in my mind!

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

He's a knob head off the pitch. Well, he was at least up until leaving Forest

Glad to give him stick. Proper cock. 

Anybody who ever says "Don't you know who I am" should be mocked and abused forever.  

My brother was good mates with his missus (ex now I think), one of my mates used to hang around with him and think all his ego was rather funny. 

Camp and Tudgay have always been in and around the city. One is completely sound. One is an arrogant block head who looked brilliant picking the ball out of his net yesterday.

Wouldn't wish any harm on the bloke. Someone told me his Dad had died so I don't sing the Daddy's boy song. Is that true??

Tudgays lad is a good little footballer too... Mind my lad cleaned him up a few times when he burst through when he played him... Looked at Tudgay and he smiled whilst I apologised for one of his late tackles!

Yeah, he seems to be a massive bellend and acts like a massive bellend. Quietened down now he's left Forest, but everything's gone downhill for him so he's hardly got anything to boast about these days.

My favourite memory of Lee Camp was a Jake Buxton header slowly, trickling past him across the line in front of the North Stand. Beautiful.

Is this one of those Tom Ince has an attitude problem kinda situations?

How many people have had one on one dealings with Camp to know he's a bellened? He might well be but it always comes from someone that knows someone that knows someone

55 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Is this one of those Tom Ince has an attitude problem kinda situations?

How many people have had one on one dealings with Camp to know he's a bellened? He might well be but it always comes from someone that knows someone that knows someone

I met him during Burley's play off season, was trying to show off, thought he was funny. Typical 20-year old in the pub, that had to do something outrageous just to have friends. :lol:

Just now, rynny said:

I met him during Burley's play off season, was trying to show off, thought he was funny. Typical 20-year old in the pub, that had to do something outrageous just to have friends. :lol:

I was a bit of a dick when I was 20, some would say I still am to be fair. 31 now, might not be the same guy

1 minute ago, Daveo said:

I was a bit of a dick when I was 20, some would say I still am to be fair. 31 now, might not be the same guy

I know, that's why I said a typical 20 year old. :p

Thought he came across as a knob when he walked around the penalty box with his arms out, like those chavvy idiots who walk around town thinking they are part of so solid crew or summat, when he played for forest (not seen him against us with any other team) it wasn't just 1 game, it was pretty much every game.

The verbals he gets is wholly to do with the Forest thing in my view and the "dad" stuff is just a stick to beat him with. I suspect most of us agreed with his old man at the time during that appalling Phil Brown era. I reckon he did well for Rams whilst he was here and has had a very good career overall at a very high level as a professional footballer. But moving to the dark side, and revelling in it at times, he was always going to be on the receiving when when coming back to pride park. 

Interesting contrast to the very warm reception afforded to Paul Green who also did a good job for us and who most of us were sad to see leave, despite it being to dirty leeds. I'm not so sure it would have been the same if he had gone to Forest instead.

Archived