Derby County v Wolverhampton Wanderers

Chris Mills

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't realise until I just looked. 6 games in 20 days. Starting with Wolves and finishing with Forest. Given our current form with injuries to the midfield, this is going to be a tough little run. Going to see a fair few chops and changes overall I would imagine.  It's as compact due to the changes to the Forest and Wolves games as the Christmas/New year period. 

What's the Clough / Macca / Clement split on those signings?

Grant - Clough

Shotton - McClaren

Pearce - Clement

Buxton - Clough

Warnock - McClaren

Bryson - Clough

Baird - Clement

Butterfield - Clement

Dawkins - McClaren

Bent - McClaren

Weimann - Clement

(Hughes) - Clough 

Scores on the doors, George Dawes:

Clough = 4

McClaren = 4

Clement = 4

By George, Scores on the double Dawes

Clough = 9

McClaren = 7 He signed Ince and bent first, admittedly on loan.

Clement = 8    He signed Ince and bent permanently after McClaren loaned them.

Best signings 1. Hughes 2=. George Thorne, Chris Martin, Richard Keogh and Bradley Johnson

I have a feeling that Carson and Ince are going to absolutely cracking signings for us.

Biggest contribution to the Squad :- Clough, McClaren and Clement are running about equal at the moment in terms of their signings.What do you think?

I didn't realise until I just looked. 6 games in 20 days. Starting with Wolves and finishing with Forest. Given our current form with injuries to the midfield, this is going to be a tough little run. Going to see a fair few chops and changes overall I would imagine.  It's as compact due to the changes to the Forest and Wolves games as the Christmas/New year period. 

How many points will we get from the next six games? Anyone care to put the fixtures here. My guess is 15 points

Next 6 are:

Wolverhampton Wanderers H W

Blackburn Rovers A  D

Huddersfield Town A  W

Rotherham United H   W

QPR H  D

Forest A  D

I am optimistically going for 12 points that keeps a fantastic run going and an average of 2 points a game. Would definately take the 12 points if offered and happily move on to the next set of games. 

How many points will we get from the next six games? Anyone care to put the fixtures here. My guess is 15 points

I would take 12/13. Think we now need to bust a gut to get wins. We have got to turn more draws into wins now, even if that means we end up losing the odd one going for it.

Next 6 are:

Blackburn Rovers A  D

Huddersfield Town A  W

Rotherham United H   W

QPR H  D

Forest A  D

I am optimistically going for 12 points that keeps a fantastic run going and an average of 2 points a game. Would definately take the 12 points if offered and happily move on to the next set of games. 

I'd take 12 as long as 3 came from Forest ;)

Next 6 are:

Blackburn Rovers A  D

Huddersfield Town A  W

Rotherham United H   W

QPR H  D

Forest A  D

That would put us with 1 loss in 16 games. That would be incredible.

Next 6 are:

Blackburn Rovers A  D

Huddersfield Town A  W

Rotherham United H   W

QPR H  D

Forest A  D

Next six are harder than these six, I think.

The next six games certainly throw up a few challenges ,especially when considering how close they are together .The team have had time to jell and settle ,dispite having had a few forced changes during the first ten games and hopefully PC has gained a bit more confidence with team selection ,formation and tactics which will allow a more offensive faster playing style having confidence within the back four to cope whilst creating problems for opponents upfront.

Unless we are struck with more injuries to the midfield can't see why we should lose to any teams in the next six and should be looking at taking a min of 12 points and probably 15 or more.

Think these games will give us an insight into how good we are going to be for the rest of the season and hopefully we should be top 3 after 16 games

No big clashes between teams above us this saturday so we need to beat Wolves. We are playing catch up again as we play on wednesday when most of the others play on tuesday. Cardiff v Boro on tuesday so would be nice if Boro lost that one.Beating Blackburn as well would make up for an indifferent start. Brighton are due to lose a game, you would think.

9 Points from next 6 games,any more a welcome bonus.Most teams have benefited with the international break and ready to go again .

A point away from home is a good result,and a home win not guaranteed ,

3 away games out of the next 6,one is forest a local derby.

Beating Brentford at home does not make us world beaters.it is a game we should have won on paper and we did.

Now we move onto the next game,we start with one point,and try for three,

All we can do is cheer the lads on,and hope for the best.

If we can win the next three then we would have 26 points from 13 games at two points a game and that is automatic promotion level. That would be very nice.

I kept looking for that ratio all last season - and we never got there. We would, for example, need to win three - then after two victories we would draw or lose the third.

I kept looking for that ratio all last season - and we never got there. We would, for example, need to win three - then after two victories we would draw or lose the third.

It is very hard to get an average of two points a game but I think that two teams will manage it this season. I predicted Reading as my dark horses after last season. If they avoid injuries and spend some cash I think that they will be there or there about. Reading, Boro, Burnley and Brighton all have excellent managers. We will need to avoid injuries to key players, make a couple of quality signings at Xmas and to grind out wins when we are not playing well to average two points and get automatic promotion this season. No team is going to cave in against us or do us any favours at all. Coming to the iPro and winning on TV is like the FA Cup Final for about fifteen teams in our League, We need to show consistency in defence, power and guile in midfield and really good finishing from the strike force. The games against our main rivals will decide who goes up and that is the way it should be. We do not want to miss out because of poor displays against struggling sides. COYR

Those three home games are winnable and if we're realistically wanting top 2, we should get at least 7 points from them. Florist away is a lottery, QPR are flaky and beatable and Blackburn are a one man team. 4 points should be achievable.

11 from 6 well within our capabilities, but I hope we're lifting off now, so I'm saying we'll get 14 points and unbeaten through the 6.

Archived