Chris Mills

Next 6 are:

Wolverhampton Wanderers H W

Blackburn Rovers A  D

Huddersfield Town A  W

Rotherham United H   W

QPR H  D

Forest A  D

I am optimistically going for 12 points that keeps a fantastic run going and an average of 2 points a game. Would definately take the 12 points if offered and happily move on to the next set of games. 

Taking those games individually and not as a run of six, I wouldn't say it's 'optimistic' but of course that changes. Saying we should be getting four points from Rotherham and QPR at home is a lot more feasible than saying we should be getting 12 points from our next 6 games. 

If we play well enough, we have the players to be better than any side listed there. Although fewer than 12 may be "acceptable" to some, I see no reason why we can't achieve that many.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with Tom Ince that we need to lay down a marker in this game. If we can outplay Wolves then just bulldoze them and stay solid at the back. It has been said by a few that if you do not let a goal in then you are always in with a good chance of winning the game. Afobe looks a real handful though. It seems likely that we will create a couple of very good chances in nearly every game. It is down to the ones with those chances to score from them. Derby do not always need to play well to win games, on occasions just scoring the only goal will do for me.What we need against Wolves is a no nonsense powerhouse performance.3-0 to the Rams.

RadioactiveWaste, have you tried Carbon Dating? I tried it once, I thought that she was diamond but I ended up getting hauled over the coals. 18 points is not out of the question, think big. 35 points from 16 games would be top of the table I think. Keep your hat locked up mate.

It is very hard to get an average of two points a game but I think that two teams will manage it this season. I predicted Reading as my dark horses after last season. If they avoid injuries and spend some cash I think that they will be there or there about. Reading, Boro, Burnley and Brighton all have excellent managers. We will need to avoid injuries to key players, make a couple of quality signings at Xmas and to grind out wins when we are not playing well to average two points and get automatic promotion this season. No team is going to cave in against us or do us any favours at all. Coming to the iPro and winning on TV is like the FA Cup Final for about fifteen teams in our League, We need to show consistency in defence, power and guile in midfield and really good finishing from the strike force. The games against our main rivals will decide who goes up and that is the way it should be. We do not want to miss out because of poor displays against struggling sides. COYR

I guess, reading between the lines, that you are saying that Reading, Middlesbrough, Burnley and Brighton are stronger than Derby - or that their manager is better than Derby's, seeing as you are stating what we need to do whilst assuming that's what the others will do.

I can't agree.

They are certainly our main rivals and their managers have more experience in this league. These are the managers that we have to outwit. i do not think that any of these teams will fade badly. Injuries will play their part as it did for us in the Great Pleistocene Interglacial Meltdown of last season. (GPIM)

Been looking at the main football prediction sites. Win Draw Win has the result as Derby County 1 - Wolves 1, Sports Mole has the result as Derby County 2- Wolves 2 and Predicz has the result as Derby County 2 - Wolves 1. I go with the Predicz result but have Derby County winning by another goal 3-1. I would happily take Derby County 2- Wolves 1 mind you!.

We had shocking luck in our opening 5 then used it all up at Milton Keynes.

Wolves are not the team who luckily beat us at their place - we need to watch that McDonald and striker bloke

A comfortable 2;0 win will see us go to Blackburn in great sprirts 

In the next few games I can see the  Rams starting to motor and be comfortably in the top 6. Even though it is early days I am going for this for final top 6 table.

1. Derby County

2. Reading

3. Middlesbrough

4. Brighton

5. Hull City

6. Burnley

Will be fascinating to see how close this prediction is. Might do a dual prediction of Derby County and Reading. Feeling pretty confident that they will be the top two.

Can't wait to watch the game on Sunday and see the new look Rams click into gear. 

Reading their managers opinion he would be happy with 0.0 however expects 1.1  basically saying we are coming for a draw. i think with our squad and expectations all teams will do this against us, its just finding away of breaking them down and being patient, im not expecting big scores like last year because of this reason, but with the players we have on the field they cant all be marked all the time so expect success but not by big margins. 2.0 us

Clement has challenged the Rams to get more than 13 points out of the next 18.. Four wins and two draws or five wins out of six will be needed to get 14 or 15. To get 16 points we need 5 wins and one draw. Otherwise it is six wins for 18 points.

How many do you think that we will get?

A - <13 or 13

B - 14

C - 15

D - 16

E - 18

My estimate is C -15

Archived