Derby County v Wolverhampton Wanderers

Chris Mills

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The date would be kind of important this time considering it's been moved to the Sunday. Would be nice and informative. But who knows? I'm not going to interfere in your thread starting, you're on form.

feel free to use the hashtag. I feel it has more than one meaning for yourself. 

don't fix what isn't broken is what I say! 

hmm... This joke has gone straight over my head  

Corn Beef Hash is an actual meal. The pun is on the word 'Hash'  in 1. Hashtag  2. Hash (cannabis) and 3. Corn Beef Hash.

I thought that the original joke was about 1. and 2. so I threw in 3.  as a harmless alternative to 2. 

I have made a hash of trying to tell a joke, Chris. Not that funny really.

May change after international break performances but for now

GK - Carson

RB - Christie

CB - The Irish Puyol

CB - Shackell

LB - Warnock

CM - Hendrick

CM - Thorne

RM - Ince

CAM - Johnson

LM - Russell

ST - Martin

Why are you changing the team after our first good performance of the season?

Interestingly, we didn't even play that well in the 5-0 win over Wolves last season. I can't recall their goalkeeper ever making a save. Other than our fourth goal too, none of our goals were actually well worked.

We just scored from a free-kick (poor marking), 25-yard potshot, corner (woeful marking), the fourth was sublime and the last was pretty laughable as Forsyth overhit a pass/cross which fell perfectly for Russell at the back post.

We created more chances against them at Molineaux than at the iPro. Both results were bizarre.

I am a fan of Forsyth - at his best he is a steady defender and a real attacking threat

So I was bemused on saturday when his whole body language, despite his restoration to the team, was so lackadaisical and stilted. He rarely blocked crosses from his attacker and seemed reluctant to make forays upfield, which he is really good at. 

There's something not right here . I cannot understand why he has regressed so much. Granted he now has direct competition, but he really should be putting Warnock to shame. Warnock is not far off carthorse level, and yet, on current performance, he deserves the spot ahead of Fozzy.

Maybe the Manager's policy of keeping players on their toes and hoping they make the team works generally. Perhaps in this case it is failing and an arm round the shoulders, a vote of encouragement and a regular place in the team over half a dozen games, no matter what, would do the job.

I am a fan of Forsyth - at his best he is a steady defender and a real attacking threat

So I was bemused on saturday when his whole body language, despite his restoration to the team, was so lackadaisical and stilted. He rarely blocked crosses from his attacker and seemed reluctant to make forays upfield, which he is really good at. 

There's something not right here . I cannot understand why he has regressed so much. Granted he now has direct competition, but he really should be putting Warnock to shame. Warnock is not far off carthorse level, and yet, on current performance, he deserves the spot ahead of Fozzy.

Maybe the Manager's policy of keeping players on their toes and hoping they make the team works generally. Perhaps in this case it is failing and an arm round the shoulders, a vote of encouragement and a regular place in the team over half a dozen games, no matter what, would do the job.

I certainly didn't get that from Fozzy. Misplaced two passes badly early, but got over it and played well I thought. Their winger did him once first half with a lovely bit of skill but you've got to expect that occasionally.

Archived