If you are late you will be dropped...

McRamFan

I agree they were. Falling into the trap of the typical British media. We've just played the best 45 minutes of football yet under Clement and Radio Derby only seemed to want to talk about Bent after the game. Very sad.

Agreed unfortunately. Even the dig about Mac halfway through second half was a tad wrong. Falls into the "sensationalism" trap for me. Some things don't need to be said anymore... Good win. Let's just leave it at that boys! 

Too be fair thought the comm was good today. I've said before I like listening to way they describe the game.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radio Derby were right to ask the question. Clement took the right action and handled it well with the media. I wonder if Bent will stay somewhere close by the night before future matches? Nothing to see here, thankfully. Glad Bent's not injured and there wasn't some falling out. In the end, if a road gets closed because of an accident, there's not a lot that can be done.

Agree with Clement - and no excuse for  a player not being in the Derby area *hours* before the game. If you are a top-class footballer, you're  expected & required to be present and ready to play.

Regardless of when the team sheet has to be in, the coach would tell the players in a team meeting well before final preps. The other players are entitled to know the boss's plans as soon as he aims to reveal them. So - if Darren was late....Que Sera.

I live in the West Mids and travelled up the A38 too at that time. I left home at 10.45 am; traffic was slow - but was enjoying lunch in Derby at the usual time and was at the iPro soon after 2.00 pm. Had time to join in the FSF 'Twenty's Plenty' campaign with Brentford fans.  

Maybe Darren can check travel and traffic on his phone, recognise local events that disrupt travel plans and prepare accordingly? I'd guess he will do so in future.

Traffic volume was exceptional. There was a major annual event at the Arboretum War Memorial - RTTW (Ride To The Wall), a memorial ride which looked like a fantastic tribute at the Armed Forces Memorial.

I think it was busier in the area with motorcycles yesterday than for Donington British GP events! Tailbacks and slip-roads to the Arboretum were rammed. I hope those commemorating our war dead had a great celebration. 

It helps reinforce my impression that Clement has that certain bearing or presence or whatever that he is in charge and that's how it's going to be. If we'd lost, I'd still maintain the Clement did the right thing.

I also think the idea that star players can show up late and waltz into the squad would be a very bad thing to allow. I'm pretty sure it's a non issue and a closed issue.

Archived