Where is Dawkins?

robster1

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can never understand the compassionate leave thing for footballers. Most ordinary people only get 3 days off for a family member death. Why are footballers treated differently. They often say weeks after are they in the right frame of mind to be playing. 

Indeed, my friend in the Army had to provide a death certificate to attend a family funeral recently. 

3 days off is in the contract for many people rest assured for the death of a "close family member" such as mother, husband wife.  I've told both my parents to please die on a Friday if at all possible.

tuesday night would be better. You'd get your 3 days and the weekend. Maybe even squeeze in a short break somewhere

I can never understand the compassionate leave thing for footballers. Most ordinary people only get 3 days off for a family member death. Why are footballers treated differently. They often say weeks after are they in the right frame of mind to be playing. 

I know someone who took three months off.... And that's just for a desk job when your performance isn't that critical. If his mother was critically ill , I don't have a problem with him taking time off for that either. I just don't get why he's diappeAred , but maybe he just needs time.

He must be about 8th choice CM now.  No wonder we never see him.

he may be behind Johnson, butterfield, thorne , hendo and Hanson. But fact is he can play wide as well... So he should be on the bench 

• 2 weeks later...

Dawkins isn't a centre mid. 

I partly agree with you. In a team like ours with Thorne and Johnson next to him, I think yes he can be. I see him more as an AM than a CM but with two big boys like Thorne and Johnson protecting him, his control, passing and dribbling would be pretty tasty in our 3 none the less.

You're right in that with Hanson and Bryson in midfield, he isn't a CM, with Lansbury down the road in a 4-4-2, he isn't a CM etc. he's far too lightweight for any of that, which is why I specifically said with Thorne/Johnson he deserves a chance.

He's far from a traditional CM, but he'd get away with it in our team. Really I see him more as playing a Gotze type role in a 4-2-3-1.

So we change formation to accommodate Dawkins? I don't think he's that good of a player to do that. 

Having lost 0 since the arrival of Johnson and Butterfield I wouldn't be looking to change it up in a hurry either

McClaren has been a steadfast fan through his career. Surely the Jamaican international would have been the man to reignite the toon season? Curse that transfer window closing when we might, reluctantly, have let the skillful former Tottenham winger leave for around £5mil.

McClaren has been a steadfast fan through his career. Surely the Jamaican international would have been the man to reignite the toon season? Curse that transfer window closing when we might, reluctantly, have let the skillful former Tottenham winger leave for around £5mil.

Wonder if he needs a lift?

ps which way is the money going in this deal?

Archived