Where is Dawkins?

robster1

Not heard anything about him for a while. For me (if fit) he should have been on the bench against Burnley, we had no replacements for either of the wide men. He would have given us an option for making a change in the last 15- 20 mins. Last couple of years changing the wingers was a common thing. Does anyone know why he is not involved in the matchday squad? 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading the Jamaica forum as you do a couple weeks ago they were all saying he was nowhere near fit to be playing and should be sent home.

Saying that he's had a decent break now, surprised we haven't seen him in the U21's at least. 

Oh he's also not a wide man, apparently he's a central midfielder.

He has pooed it here by going off with Jamaica when Clement got here. 

An understandable decision but it's put him behind everyone else and he's going to struggle to find a run of games to even show what he can do. 

That Pompey match didn't help. The forwards from that game came out looking bad thanks to the awful slow passing and negative hoofing of the players behind them. Getting a cup run was what fringe players needed to show why they should be playing. 

My theory that he has been given compassionate leave with the death of his mum because he never had an actual break. That coupled with him playing internationals, Clement's probably told him that he can have a few weeks off.

Your theory is terrible. 

You thinking Carson deserves to be dropped is terrible. What better theory have you got? Footballers are human beings you know.

And I wasn't serious about it at all. It was funny to see you guys fall for it. ;) 

I can never understand the compassionate leave thing for footballers. Most ordinary people only get 3 days off for a family member death. Why are footballers treated differently. They often say weeks after are they in the right frame of mind to be playing. 

Sounds like you have a horrible employer.

Sounds like you have a horrible employer.

3 days off is in the contract for many people rest assured for the death of a "close family member" such as mother, husband wife.  I've told both my parents to please die on a Friday if at all possible.

Everyone deals with lost of a love one differently some put on a brave face but not coping with death of a loved one so maybe he is suffering with despression. Have eathier of stood and watch someone die I have with my grandma not pleasent.

Sorry to hear that B4. 

I can never understand the compassionate leave thing for footballers. Most ordinary people only get 3 days off for a family member death. Why are footballers treated differently. They often say weeks after are they in the right frame of mind to be playing. 

I agree that most employers only give 3 days off for compassionate leave. But then most employers are A. ********* that couldn't give a **** about their employees, and B. Aren't in the public eye so aren't judged on aforementioned A. 

Everybody reacts to death in different ways, some prefer to take time out, others keep busy. No right or wrong but employers should be more sympathetic to the individual.

Saying all that Dawkins maybe fine now and just a fitness issue or not good enough. He's been away with Jamaica over the summer playing.....well standing on the pitch.

Archived