Gallstones

Ovis aries

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After having a pain in my guts like being stabbed with a red hot poker yesterday I went to see my local practitioner today, and she pleasantly informed me that in her opinion ( subject to the usual tests), I can now add gallstones to my list of many ailments, happy days .:D

Will it stop you posting? :ph34r:

After having a pain in my guts like being stabbed with a red hot poker yesterday I went to see my local practitioner today, and she pleasantly informed me that in her opinion ( subject to the usual tests), I can now add gallstones to my list of many ailments, happy days .:D

Is being stabbed with a red hot poker a frequent experience for you

My father had gallstones (rest his soul) and said they rammed a pipe cleaner up his peehole and

proceeded to 'file away ' at them until they were small enough to pee away . He said it was the most

excruciating pain he'd ever had . Anyway , good luck , Ovies ..

My father had gallstones (rest his soul) and said they rammed a pipe cleaner up his peehole and

proceeded to 'file away ' at them until they were small enough to pee away . He said it was the most

Aye good luck Ovis ,I am sure you feel much better after mozza's pep talk.

Simple keyhole surgery now if it comes to it, but I believe it is a last resort now days.

Funnily , well funnily is maybe not the right word , but funnily enough , my father and i were at the BBG

in the early 70's when he told me he felt unwell 20 minutes in , and had to go home . Me , being a loving son 

asked him if i could stay and watch the rest of the match , he said 'yes , son , you stay , i'll be fine '

turns out he had gallstones , i've felt a bit guilty about leaving him to his own devices but i'm sure most 

of you would have done the same ? . 

At risk of spoiling people's fun, I wouldn't go near a quack who wanted to put a gloved finger up my ar*e or stick a pipe up my pee hole! The gall bladder is located near the liver and is accessed via keyhole surgery around the lower abdomen and belly button. Air is passed into the abdominal cavity to allow the surgeon to access the correct organs and to view the procedure on camera. In some cases, a slightly larger hole is made across the sternum to remove the gall bladder and its contents. Had mine done 9 years ago and worked for 34 years in the NHS. Recovery time varies but will be from around a couple of weeks to a couple of months. Hope this helps!?

Archived