Why Why Why Bent

sage

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most annoying thing is that we were one sub from a very natural attacking formation last night. Subbing Weimann for Bent puts Johnson in the position he got 15 goals in last season and gets two strikers into the box.

-----------------Cars------------------

-Chris----Keogh---Shack-------Foz-

-Russ----Butter---Thorne---Johns-

------------Martin--Bent-------------

I think PC is the 'let's not lose' type as oppose to the lets go for a win. It is probably just me but it annoys me leaving 2 back when we have a corner, even though the opposition have everyone back. I would of stuck Bent on last night for the last 20, I think it was made for him. Wiemann was terrible, yes his work rate is impressive but so was Wardys. I just don't see a £2m-£3m player in him. Last night I think we were missing the Ince we saw last season. But let's take the positives last season Boro and Burnley would probably have beat us. 

The most annoying thing is that we were one sub from a very natural attacking formation last night. Subbing Weimann for Bent puts Johnson in the position he got 15 goals in last season and gets two strikers into the box.

-----------------Cars------------------

-Chris----Keogh---Shack-------Foz-

-Russ----Butter---Thorne---Johns-

------------Martin--Bent-------------

I think PC is the 'let's not lose' type as oppose to the lets go for a win. It is probably just me but it annoys me leaving 2 back when we have a corner, even though the opposition have everyone back. I would of stuck Bent on last night for the last 20, I think it was made for him. Wiemann was terrible, yes his work rate is impressive but so was Wardys. I just don't see a £2m-£3m player in him. Last night I think we were missing the Ince we saw last season. But let's take the positives last season Boro and Burnley would probably have beat us. 

Clement needs to face facts - he got his substitutions wrong last night.

0-0 at home to Burnley who are rubbish, and he had Darrent Bent, Kevin Phillips and the bust of Steve Bloomer sat on the bench. Between them they have 806 career goals in 1,704 career appearances and yet Negative Paul didn't put any of them on.

Should have taken off Keogh, Shackell and Carson for them three. Goals win you games - not defenders. Basics of football, that.

Have to agree with some on here, bringing bent on and going 4-4-2 would have been a mistake, the same mistake he made against leeds. We were dominating the game, went to 2 in the middle to bring bent on. Game opened up and allowed leeds back in the game resulting in their winner. We looked very comfortable last night, just wernt creating enough, last thing we needed last night was to go all out and lose 1-0. We're building a run now, need another positive result on Saturday! 

Archived