Wayne Rooney

Day

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So how can you critique a comparison of the two? 

Why must Rammyboy be 'joking' that he would prefer Rooney when you don't watch or care about Sanchez?

I've seen Sanchez .

But I'm not interested if he's Mexican or Chilean as its all South America to me.

whoops Mexico is North America 

So how can you critique a comparison of the two? 

Why must Rammyboy be 'joking' that he would prefer Rooney when you don't watch or care about Sanchez?

knowing Curtains as well as you do, do you not consider that he may have just got confused over the nationality? It doesn't mean he didn't watch him for Chile just cos he didn't say Chile. No need to be so pedantic ALL the time.

knowing Curtains as well as you do, do you not consider that he may have just got confused over the nationality? It doesn't mean he didn't watch him for Chile just cos he didn't say Chile. No need to be so pedantic ALL the time.

His response suggests that he didn't watch him play for Chile. 

I've already discussed Benzema

I'd take Sanchez every day of the week ahead of Rooney and I imagine every sane person would, in fact I saw a group of man utd fans just the other week and they said they'd snap your hands of for sanchez

Tevez nearly scored 30 goals for juve last season and was key in them nearly winning the treble

Reus is such a talent, it's such a shame that he is injury prone, when he is fit he is amazing. He has already scored 8 this season. I watched him single handedly destroy real madrid the season before last and even ancelotti admitted that it was the reus show. Here are highlights to that particular match https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQg7Ruf1aoU

Di Maria was key in real madrid winning la decima and was the motm in the champions league final. Yes he was poor for man utd but that was more to do with van gaal's silly hoof ball tactics

Don't get me started on modric. The guys a genius. The best mid in the world and the fact that you're questioning him gives me the impression you haven't watched him play the last few years

Barca sold fabregas, one of the best midfielders in the prem last season, and replaced him with a better , energetic midfielder. Ask any barca fan, I dare you and ask them if they would have won the treble without him, I bet my left nipple that the answer would be a resounding no.

I'm basing the quality of a player over the last few years. Rooney's form over the last few years hasn't been good enough to be regarded as world class

Can you stop with this 'Ask bla bla fans this and I bet they'll tell you this!' I don't speak Spanish to speak to Madrid/Barca fans and I don't speak Chinese to speak to Man United fans. And I didn't once say I wouldn't take some of those players over Rooney so stop putting words in my mouth. 

Yes Tevez performed very well last season, but compare Rooney and Tevez when both were in the Prem and I bet Rooney comes out on top

Reus is an incredible talent, but so is Rooney. I could go and pick out games where Rooney single handedly destroyed teams and interviews from opposition managers saying how good he is

Rooney outperformed Di Maria in exactly the same team last season

Where did I question Modric? I watch plenty of games thanks and I don't even rate him as the best midfielder at Madrid let alone the world

Rakitic is very, very good I know, but so is Rooney

To me is seems that for a player to be viewed as world class by you, (bar a few exceptions) they need to have left the Prem and moved abroad or have some snazzy foreign name. All the players you mentioned in that list who have played in the Prem in their career and have since left were outperformed by Rooney whilst in the Premier League apart from 1 season by Bale

Anyway @dcfcrammyboy1 I'm off to watch a bit of TV so lets just agree to disagree ;)

Fair enough. Sorry if you were offended by my rudeness:lol: I have highly opinionated views, as I'm sure you can tell. Just for the record Rooney of 3-4 years ago was better than most of the players on that list but if we are talking about current form over the last couple of years then Rooney isn't better than them, in my opinion anyway.

Fair enough. Sorry if you were offended by my rudeness:lol: I have highly opinionated views, as I'm sure you can tell. Just for the record Rooney of 3-4 years ago was better than most of the players on that list but if we are talking about current form over the last couple of years then Rooney isn't better than them, in my opinion anyway.

Nah I wasn't offended mate. No one's opinion can be wrong and if we all had the same opinions it would be boring :p

Archived