Wayne Rooney

Day

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

World Class.

Hopefully will be England's all time top goal scorer tonight.

Hipsters and haters gonna hate.

I like him Daveo, and he has been a fantastic servant to our national team, but you and I definitely have different interpretations of World Class. I doubt if you asked the top 10 football writers in the UK to pick 2 even 3 World XIs that he would feature in many. 

It's a embarrassingly English thing to discredit, and in some cases, hate our own.

Like Lampard, Rooney is vastly under-rated as an England player. His level has been diluted by the averageness which surrounds him. Far better players than Rooney have been part of far worse performing national sides, yet do not get the blame for it. Rooney doesn't get credit simply because England have been rubbish.

I was talking the other night, having seen some of those clips in @curtains thread, Malcolm Christie would get in this England side in my opinion, which shows how far we have regressed from the riches of options when the likes of Robbie Fowler, Ian Wright and Stan Collymore couldn't get in the side, to a team which Jamie Vardy is good enough for!

Rooney won't be truly recognised until he's been finished 10 years!

I like him Daveo, and he has been a fantastic servant to our national team, but you and I definitely have different interpretations of World Class. I doubt if you asked the top 10 football writers in the UK to pick 2 even 3 World XIs that he would feature in many. 

the problem you have is that this era has Messi and Ronaldo. Take those two away, then the term 'World Class' drops down a level and Rooney is then thereabouts.

At the end of the day, it's irrelevant to compare Rooney with the likes of Messi and Ronaldo. He's the best we've got by a mile, and he's been that for a decade.

At the end of the day, it's irrelevant to compare Rooney with the likes of Messi and Ronaldo. He's the best we've got by a mile, and he's been that for a decade.

If Rooney had had someone up with him he would have scored a few more, say if Emile had stayed up to the job, I believe Rooney was at his best with him ,

It says a lot when Man Utd fans are calling for James Wilson to start over him. Rooney has to drop into midfield if he wants to have a longer career

Not really.

We all know that the majority are a bunch of know-nothing bandwagon-jumping half-fans.

Archived