Who is in the know?

RamNut

Based on sources quoted in the threads in this section.....we can now assess who got it right or wrong

the mirror 1/5

bradley johnson - correct

lewis buxton, joe bryan, david forde, yedlin - all wrong

HITC 1/7

Elsnik - correct

nuhiu, brownhill, coady, mascarell, martin to leave, bannon - all wrong

nicko 1/4

Peacock - correct

burke, jota, gray - all wrong

the sun 0/9

Marshall, rhodes, mcgoldrick, buxton to brum, texeira, anichibe, birdsausage, hendrick to villa, ilori - all wrong

ITKS 2/2

pearce and carson - both correct

national press 0/6

Telegraph - lowton - wrong

express - henen - wrong

guardian - keogh to newcastle - wrong

mail - forshaw - wrong

times - harrison reed and bannon - both wrong

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you've only mentioned 5 transfers there.

i went through four or five pages of threads for the original sources

didn't bother with DET or Dcfc obviously

Haha, that made me chuckle. Not very impressive I grant you!

As a new member though I do find some of the more aggressive ITK-bashing a little strange. It's only a bit of fun isn't it?

Plus we will still never know how much (if any) merit/truth there was in the rumour.

Maybe it was simply an agent who leaked the story of 'interest' ( may have been real interest but the player was never going to leave) to drive up a player's wage at his current club or simply to force 'bigger' clubs to make a bid before they lose out. Even more complicated may be teams who have lost a player or two, placating fans by deliberately leaking stories of 'interest' (real or not) then saying 'he's going nowhere' to look like they are being strong now.

Obviously, if a player is simply not currently getting a game, then just randomly thinking 'hmm what teams could do with that kind of player? right, let's just guess and run with it....' is a rubbish journalism. 

I would hope most ITK is based on some kind of basis, but things go wrong for many reasons. By strict criteria the journalist who first broke the story David de Gea was wanting to go to Real Madrid was wrong!

Based on sources quoted in the threads in this section.....we can now assess who got it right or wrong

the mirror 1/5

bradley johnson - correct

lewis buxton, joe bryan, david forde, yedlin - all wrong

HITC 1/7

Elsnik - correct

nuhiu, brownhill, coady, mascarell, martin to leave, bannon - all wrong

nicko 1/4

Peacock - correct

burke, jota, gray - all wrong

the sun 0/9

Marshall, rhodes, mcgoldrick, buxton to brum, texeira, anichibe, birdsausage, hendrick to villa, ilori - all wrong

ITKS 2/2

pearce and carson - both correct

national press 0/6

Telegraph - lowton - wrong

express - henen - wrong

guardian - keogh to newcastle - wrong

mail - forshaw - wrong

times - harrison reed and bannon - both wrong

HITC was the first with Butterfield, and not to mention the constant updates and the agreed deal with Johnson before anyone else. 

Just saying, like.. 

As a new member though I do find some of the more aggressive ITK-bashing a little strange. It's only a bit of fun isn't it?

I can tell you are new Chester, but do stick around. You will come to laugh, like me, at the petty jealousy that a few exhibit on here that someone might actually have a close relationship with a player or club official, such that when they do post they are actually "in the know".  Fortunately, to date, I think the one or two on here who do have such contacts have not been put off sharing the information they are provided with from time to time. Hope that remains the case.

Haha, that made me chuckle. Not very impressive I grant you!

Plus we will still never know how much (if any) merit/truth there was in the rumour.

Maybe it was simply an agent who leaked the story of 'interest' ( may have been real interest but the player was never going to leave) to drive up a player's wage at his current club or simply to force 'bigger' clubs to make a bid before they lose out. Even more complicated may be teams who have lost a player or two, placating fans by deliberately leaking stories of 'interest' (real or not) then saying 'he's going nowhere' to look like they are being strong now.

Obviously, if a player is simply not currently getting a game, then just randomly thinking 'hmm what teams could do with that kind of player? right, let's just guess and run with it....' is a rubbish journalism. 

I would hope most ITK is based on some kind of basis, but things go wrong for many reasons. By strict criteria the journalist who first broke the story David de Gea was wanting to go to Real Madrid was wrong!

The bashing is only a bit of fun too.

You'll learn - unless you run away first.

HITC was the first with Butterfield, and not to mention the constant updates and the agreed deal with Johnson before anyone else. 

Just saying, like.. 

No, Hobnob was the winner there.

Just saying, like.. 

I appreciate the work HITC did yesterday but don't go telling porkies over Butterfield.

Warren broke the news about Butterfield on August 11th, just saying, like.

HITC is essentially a collective of office workers, with free evenings, pretending to be journalists for £10 an article. It'll never be a credible source.

A week ago I would have agreed. But the last two days they've been spot on + the first to report everything. Looking at the Derby mad forum SDSR was pretty up to speed with the Butterfield and Johnson deals but they didn't post it before Bris, looking at the times. So hats off to Bris and HITC

Archived