Who is in the know?

RamNut

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the truth, or as much of it as I can share... 

Due to my line of work I have recently happened upon a friendship (a few months ago now) with an employee at the club. I cannot say much more on who that person is, but they're not on the playing staff nor in the boardroom. 

I have not once asked for any news or info from this 'source'. But we were discussing the club one afternoon in a cafe, I asked about the injury to Will and the source told me we'd been monitoring Butterfield at Huddersfield prior to this and that because Sam Rush was once with Wasserman (sports agency), he knew Butterfield's agent (same agency) and felt the player would want the move. Is that tapping up? I've no idea. And don't care. Ruthless business is football. 

Source then updated me whenever they got wind of anything on that. 

I have to say I was quite relieved when it went public that yes we were interested in the player, because I'd have looked a bit silly otherwise, which is why I initially just dropped Butterfield's name into certain threads. But once I was asked for more info, I had to give some sort of bizarre explanation. 

It's been fun though, seeing so called journalist and ITK experts getting so much wrong regards the deal. And I too haven't been 100%. Source told me it was a three year deal, but turns out it was four, this was a late alteration, source told me this morning. I'm also now told the deal is £4.25m up front, and worth £5.25m to Huddersfield potentially. I am fully aware that this is open to debate, I wouldn't put my mortgage on any rumour I hear. However, I will - should the source share anything else in future - be confident of sharing it with you all, my fellow rams.

Here's the truth, or as much of it as I can share... 

Due to my line of work I have recently happened upon a friendship (a few months ago now) with an employee at the club. I cannot say much more on who that person is, but they're not on the playing staff nor in the boardroom. 

I have not once asked for any news or info from this 'source'. But we were discussing the club one afternoon in a cafe, I asked about the injury to Will and the source told me we'd been monitoring Butterfield at Huddersfield prior to this and that because Sam Rush was once with Wasserman (sports agency), he knew Butterfield's agent (same agency) and felt the player would want the move. Is that tapping up? I've no idea. And don't care. Ruthless business is football. 

Source then updated me whenever they got wind of anything on that. 

I have to say I was quite relieved when it went public that yes we were interested in the player, because I'd have looked a bit silly otherwise, which is why I initially just dropped Butterfield's name into certain threads. But once I was asked for more info, I had to give some sort of bizarre explanation. 

It's been fun though, seeing so called journalist and ITK experts getting so much wrong regards the deal. And I too haven't been 100%. Source told me it was a three year deal, but turns out it was four, this was a late alteration, source told me this morning. I'm also now told the deal is £4.25m up front, and worth £5.25m to Huddersfield potentially. I am fully aware that this is open to debate, I wouldn't put my mortgage on any rumour I hear. However, I will - should the source share anything else in future - be confident of sharing it with you all, my fellow rams.

No need to tell us that... If you know/hear anything then put it on here as much you like. :thumbsup:

Depends on the nature of the article. If it says Derby are linked with, or considering signing - it doesn't mean they're wrong if the player never arrives because not everyone signs who they're interested in.

Re. Butterfield. HITC were the first media outlet to post it up. I highly doubt the guys would have heard about Derby's initial interest, especially after it happened three weeks ago according to Warren.

But as the ball got rolling a bit, HITC were very much spot on with everything just as they were with Bradley Johnson.

For those that don't find them a credible source. I keep telling you to provide me a link where they've posted rubbish, you won't find one - because they haven't! 

They've never made any outlandish claims like you find in the The Sun or the Mirror. If anyone doesn't want to read them or doesn't one to accept them as a credible source - well that's ultimately your loss.

Because if you check back all of the articles from the past 48 hours - from John August and Graeme Bailey - I challenge you to find any which are nonsense.

I think HITC were the first that I saw (in terms of media online) to refer to any interest in Butterfield. They are nearly £2m out though if they're still claiming it's a £3.5m signing. I think most now accept that it's roughly a £5m package. 

Most importantly though, we've added two top, top Championship midfielders to our weakened midfield, two lads who've played together, know each other. Always helps. I've checked the years they were there and I think Butterfield must have played with Shackell and Shotton at Barnsley too, as well as Martin at Palace. 

And we're talking about the POTY's at their previous clubs. Both the Norwich and Huddersfield forums are devastated to lose these lads. 

Can't wait for Deepdale if I'm honest.

Just because the transfer didn't materialise, it doesn't necessarily mean the source was "wrong".

with our buying power it often does.

for example conor coady.......do you really think wolves would have beaten us to him if we were after him?

HITC is essentially a collective of office workers, with free evenings, pretending to be journalists for £10 an article. It'll never be a credible source.

wow...£10 that much?

Archived