Atdhe Nuhiu

Bris Vegas

Well, with a 100% hit rate so far, I'd say we're pretty well reliable :thumbsup:

Looked at the site. Your last 5 transfer "exclusives" appear to be:

• Nuhiu from Wednesday
  • Brownhill from Preston
  • Forshaw from Boro
  • Gouffran from Newcastle
  • McDonald to Luton

Seems as if your definition of 100% is as perverse as your usage of "keen" in the Brownhill thread.:lol:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Midfield needs sorting ASAP and it is desperate as they've left it this late.

Everyone knew as soon as Hughes was out we needed a replacement.

My biggest concern is Clement at the minute. I hope I'm wrong but he's making some very decent players come across as average and Butterfield (or whoever) could come in and do the same.

The reason Ince didn't do too well at Forest, is the same reason he isn't doing too well now. McClaren was able to coach him, which wasn't difficult, but Clement is struggling.

I'm not ready to throw in the hat regarding Clement. However, we already have the squad to hurt teams but look to be playing slow and predictable football. 

My biggest concern is Clement at the minute. I hope I'm wrong but he's making some very decent players come across as average and Butterfield (or whoever) could come in and do the same.

The reason Ince didn't do too well at Forest, is the same reason he isn't doing too well now. McClaren was able to coach him, which wasn't difficult, but Clement is struggling.

I'm not ready to throw in the hat regarding Clement. However, we already have the squad to hurt teams but look to be playing slow and predictable football. 

Calm down. 

Forest played Ince in a different position, which is why he struggled there. 

We are mainly struggling because we have tinkered too much with different positions and I make no apology for shouting here EVERY SINGLE ONE OF OUR MIDFIELD PLAYERS HAS GONE OFF INJURED IN GAMES, MOST OF THEM IN THE FIRST HALF.

If we had signed Nuhiu at the end of last season, amongst the other signings, everyone would be thinking we have a back up for Martin, not a first choice but he can hold the ball up and stop us imploding again.

Just because we need players in other positions with more urgency, it shouldn't stop us trying to solve a long standing squad weakness if an option becomes available. 

McClaren had baron spells right as did Clough. 

We imploded at the back end of last season as we had no back up for Martin  and Bent. 

Ince was scoring for fun but we still were drawing games like Rotherham away etc. 

Injuries?

I agree. MY post was sarcastic. The point I'm trying to allude to is that I see nothing wrong with the players. We just need to replace Hughes and stick to a formation that suits our players. There is no point blaming individuals. I hope we stick with PC. But I also hope PC doesn't tinker anymore and goes with the best formation and players he has at his disposal. That is all without having to write an essay about it.

I agree. MY post was sarcastic. The point I'm trying to allude to is that I see nothing wrong with the players. We just need to replace Hughes and stick to a formation that suits our players. There is no point blaming individuals. I hope we stick with PC. But I also hope PC doesn't tinker anymore and goes with the best formation and players he has at his disposal. That is all without having to write an essay about it.

But mate it's clear that Martin and Bent will need help so what's wrong with that .

But mate it's clear that Martin and Bent will need help so what's wrong with that .

Nothing, but you can get a loan in or promote one of CE youth signings? If you want to get someone in, get someone in who is better, like PC has said. Not another squad players like the overwhelming majority of CE signings. 

Nothing, but you can get a loan in or promote one of CE youth signings? If you want to get someone in, get someone in who is better, like PC has said. Not another squad players like the overwhelming majority of CE signings. 

Would you have liked him on loan for the last 3 months of last season?

(I had to post the above to get it out of my text box for replying.)

i was going to say that the second goal sums him up for me.

it takes three attempts to head it in from 6 yards and in the end he only scores because the defender blasts it off him.

Archived