Atdhe Nuhiu

Bris Vegas

If your qualification for a 'hot tip' is that it doesn't count unless he has actually signed, then sure, you will be at 100% success rate, as will be the official DCFC site. If, however, by the same token you are choosing to ignore those who didn't actually sign when you suggested that Derby were 'after' such and such a player, then the whole thing is a complete and utter waste of a click.

I do love the logic in the transfer window. I might as well start my own rumour twitter account, and just pick names out of a hat. Don't worry, if they don't sign, well... I never said they'd signed. I can literally never be wrong by some people's definitions. 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No credible source for these reports. If we were truly in for him, then surely we'd have simply kept Sammon? Similar players who harry defences but are incapable of hitting barn door.

Ah, I see you've watched him extensively then. Yeah, Sammon running around like a mad thing and a 6'6" striker are definitely exactly the same kind of player. 

Who knows if we're actually interested in him or not, but if we are, I'm sure the club would have scouted him thoroughly. 

If your qualification for a 'hot tip' is that it doesn't count unless he has actually signed, then sure, you will be at 100% success rate, as will be the official DCFC site. If, however, by the same token you are choosing to ignore those who didn't actually sign when you suggested that Derby were 'after' such and such a player, then the whole thing is a complete and utter waste of a click.

So if Derby are considering a move for a player - that's not worth writing up unless he has signed?

Players get linked all the time. Teams consider moves. Only a few days ago West Ham were about to sign Barton but pulled the plug at the last minute. We wrote a piece on the initial interest, as there was one.

You can't go on and say that doesn't count because West Ham didn't sign him.

If you're only interested in official signing reports then fair enough. But not everyone is like you and others like hearing upon links/bids, so don't just rubbish those reports as clickbait.

So as before. Please find me a link where HITC have just made up a rumour or have been wrong about something. We've broken plenty of deals/bids etc. 

So if Derby are considering a move for a player - that's not worth writing up unless he has signed?

Players get linked all the time. Teams consider moves. Only a few days ago West Ham were about to sign Barton but pulled the plug at the last minute. We wrote a piece on the initial interest, as there was one.

If you're only interested in official signing reports then fair enough. But not everyone is like you and others like hearing upon links/bids, so don't just rubbish those reports as clickbait.

So as before. Please find me a link where HITC have just made up a rumour or have been wrong about something. We've broken plenty of deals/bids etc. 

The problem is that it's easy to hide behind "well that move just didn't come off". The concern isn't about a few "they were interested, but oh well" stories, but when that's pretty much all that they've got (i.e. like seemingly Nixon this window). It's virtually impossible to prove that "they just made up a rumour". I could come out and say, "Derby are after Johnny McVegepants, and plan to sign the Alderaani for a fee around 37 Megabananas", and ignoring the obvious point that Johnny McVegepants isn't actually Alderaani, you can't simply disprove that. Him not signing though isn't proof that "the club just decided against the move" and in no way adds my credibility in such transfer talk. 

The problem isn't breaking news about potential signings, but breaking a lot of news, then none of it actually happening in the end. Yes, clubs will go in for players, then circumstances change. The problem is when a club has signed 4-5 players in the off season, the outlet wasn't first on the scene for any of them, and happened to discuss about the best part of two dozen other players over this period of time, with none of their "first on the scene" rumours coming off. A handful of "they were interested, but decided against" is fair enough, but bags full of them with no golden pick is going to wear down the credibility over time. Saying "well, things change" is damage control, not adding credibility. 

To put it another way, such stories don't prove HITC to be inaccurate, but to claim that the site is accurate without actual supporting evidence (i.e. calling a signing before anyone else, and it actually happening) is ridiculous. A trusted reputation is earned, and I don't see what HITC has to go on so far, at least as far as Derby is concerned. 

The problem is that it's easy to hide behind "well that move just didn't come off". The concern isn't about a few "they were interested, but oh well" stories, but when that's pretty much all that they've got (i.e. like seemingly Nixon this window). It's virtually impossible to prove that "they just made up a rumour". I could come out and say, "Derby are after Johnny McVegepants, and plan to sign the Alderaani for a fee around 37 Megabananas", and ignoring the obvious point that Johnny McVegepants isn't actually Alderaani, you can't simply disprove that. Him not signing though isn't proof that "the club just decided against the move" and in no way adds my credibility in such transfer talk. 

The problem isn't breaking news about potential signings, but breaking a lot of news, then none of it actually happening in the end. Yes, clubs will go in for players, then circumstances change. The problem is when a club has signed 4-5 players in the off season, the outlet wasn't first on the scene for any of them, and happened to discuss about the best part of two dozen other players over this period of time, with none of their "first on the scene" rumours coming off. A handful of "they were interested, but decided against" is fair enough, but bags full of them with no golden pick is going to wear down the credibility over time. Saying "well, things change" is damage control, not adding credibility. 

To put it another way, such stories don't prove HITC to be inaccurate, but to claim that the site is accurate without actual supporting evidence (i.e. calling a signing before anyone else, and it actually happening) is ridiculous. A trusted reputation is earned, and I don't see what HITC has to go on so far, at least as far as Derby is concerned. 

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand why fans get frustrated over constant links and rumours to players without any substance. HITC will never report news from the Metro and Express because it's rubbish, made up rubbish.

And you're right, anyone can say a club is interested in a player and if a deal doesn't happen, well they can just say it didn't happen and hide behind that. You could create a Twitter account, say Derby are interested in a bunch of names and if they don't sign, well nobody can criticse you for it - like Nixon.

However, if you say Derby have bid for a player, or are in talks for a player, it's different and it has to be more concrete. And if you say Derby are expected to sign a player, if it doesn't come off there has to be a good reason.

As for HITC, they've called loads of stuff before it's appeared on the BBC or been confirmed. If you want examples of Derby-related stuff, here's a few snippets:

- Derby agree Butterfield bid - to be confirmed?

- Derby's bid for Butterfield rejected (twice)

- Derby's interest and bid for Dale Stephens - later confirmed by DerbyTelegraph and Burtonmail

- Derby's bid for Antonio rejected - confirmed by their owner

If you want stuff from the past 24 hours

- Sheff Wed bid for McCormack - confirmed rejected

- Sheff Wed in Barry Bannan loan talks - deal now done

- Fulham set to sign Fredericks from Bristol City - deal now done

- Liverpool youngster Sergi Canos set for Brentford switch - also reported in LiverpoolEcho

- Mbokani flies in to the UK for Norwich City loan deal - widely speculated now as done

No Bris, that's not what I am saying.

I am referring to your ludicrous statement that you have a 100% hit rate because you discounted the quoted players who didn't sign with a sweeping "They don't count because they didn't sign" or some similar nonsense.

No Bris, that's not what I am saying.

I am referring to your ludicrous statement that you have a 100% hit rate because you discounted the quoted players who didn't sign with a sweeping "They don't count because they didn't sign" or some similar nonsense.

Ok let me rephrase. HITC have a 100% hit rate on bids rejected, bids accepted, club fines, loan deals and done deals before it's made the official websites of said clubs. Is that better understood?

Links, considering moves, weighing up deals etc. are part and parcel of the transfer window. Anyone can claim players are linked with clubs. And it's entirely up to you whether you want to believe it or not.

But I'm telling you know, HITC won't just make stuff up. So Derby could be weighing up a move for Nuhiu, but with Evans and his list of ten players, they may decide not to.

Me, personally, I'm considering eating chicken for lunch. Doesn't mean I'm going to eat chicken for lunch, I may even opt for Chinese food or some tacos.

If you can find me a HITC story which talks about bids accepted/rejected, loan deals, done deals which never came off etc. then by all means, post them up and have every right to call HITC up on it.

Ok let me rephrase. HITC have a 100% hit rate on bids rejected, bids accepted, club fines, loan deals and done deals before it's made the official websites of said clubs. Is that better understood?

Links, considering moves, weighing up deals etc. are part and parcel of the transfer window. Anyone can claim players are linked with clubs. And it's entirely up to you whether you want to believe it or not.

But I'm telling you know, HITC won't just make stuff up. So Derby could be weighing up a move for Nuhiu, but with Evans and his list of ten players, they may decide not to.

Me, personally, I'm considering eating chicken for lunch. Doesn't mean I'm going to eat chicken for lunch, I may even opt for Chinese food or some tacos.

If you can find me a HITC story which talks about bids accepted/rejected, loan deals, done deals which never came off etc. then by all means, post them up and have every right to call HITC up on it.

what happens if the Chinese or tacos has chicken in it?

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand why fans get frustrated over constant links and rumours to players without any substance. HITC will never report news from the Metro and Express because it's rubbish, made up rubbish.

And you're right, anyone can say a club is interested in a player and if a deal doesn't happen, well they can just say it didn't happen and hide behind that. You could create a Twitter account, say Derby are interested in a bunch of names and if they don't sign, well nobody can criticse you for it - like Nixon.

However, if you say Derby have bid for a player, or are in talks for a player, it's different and it has to be more concrete. And if you say Derby are expected to sign a player, if it doesn't come off there has to be a good reason.

As for HITC, they've called loads of stuff before it's appeared on the BBC or been confirmed. If you want examples of Derby-related stuff, here's a few snippets:

- Derby agree Butterfield bid - to be confirmed?

- Derby's bid for Butterfield rejected (twice)

- Derby's interest and bid for Dale Stephens - later confirmed by DerbyTelegraph and Burtonmail

- Derby's bid for Antonio rejected - confirmed by their owner

If you want stuff from the past 24 hours

- Sheff Wed bid for McCormack - confirmed rejected

- Sheff Wed in Barry Bannan loan talks - deal now done

- Fulham set to sign Fredericks from Bristol City - deal now done

- Liverpool youngster Sergi Canos set for Brentford switch - also reported in LiverpoolEcho

- Mbokani flies in to the UK for Norwich City loan deal - widely speculated now as done

Fair enough then, we'll see how it all goes and I'll keep an eye on the quality in the coming transfer windows. 

Knabby Crackers son sells the Hot Chilli Sauce on Bristol market, are you related??

I have visited the good Dr Burnorium to have a prescription filled on many occasions.

Physco Juice (:p) is awesome.

Archived