Sky cost Norweigan Derby fan £6k

Kernow

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I can think is "Well if he had 6k to spend on just coming to see Derby....." I mean is he really going to miss that money? Sounds loaded.

Either that or it's come from 4 generations of piggy banks, tracing back to his great grandfather who began saving back in 1884 when he heard of the clubs founding.

Ryan Air from Oslo to (e.g.) Manchester going to cost £70-80.

Hotel for the night the same.

Travel within the UK the same.

Match ticket £30.

Even allowing for upgrades of various types, it's difficult to see how the bill can stretch to £6K.

This wouldn't be another attempt to have a pop at Sky without checking the facts, would it? This Owen Bradley figure is supposed to be a journalist, isn't he?

Ryan Air from Oslo to (e.g.) Manchester going to cost £70-80.

Hotel for the night the same.

Travel within the UK the same.

Match ticket £30.

Even allowing for upgrades of various types, it's difficult to see how the bill can stretch to £6K.

This wouldn't be another attempt to have a pop at Sky without checking the facts, would it? This Owen Bradley figure is supposed to be a journalist, isn't he?

Ask Owen Bradley where he got his facts from... I just copied the tweet.

60th birthday, 11 travelling, could be looking at first class tickets, VIP lounge at airport, 5* hotel, executive box for the game all planned around this 1 game you could easily get the price up to 6k.

Very rare situation tho, I wonder how many games Sky have apparently cost 11 Norwegians 6k?

How much advance notice does Sky give clubs when changing fixtures for TV?

The vast majority of the TV selections are made as a block months in advance.

However, not all selections can be made until the outcome of the League Cup and other Cup competitions throughout the season (FA cup for example) which often shortens the lead in time available.

In regard to the advance notice, there is no contracted minimum time limit but the aim is to give at least 28 days notice. Thankfully these occasions are the exception to the rule and not the norm so will therefore be kept to a minimum.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Football-League-spokesman-explains-s/story-27674138-detail/story.html#ixzz3jup9Rf9y 

As the last sentence says, these occasions are the exception to the rule and not the norm so therefore be kept to a minimum. When was the last game we had changed with this short notice?

It's League Cup week, Derby v Burnley and Huddersfield v Forest are all out the cup that week so are free to show on TV, I bet Sky and the FL had these dates already down to move games but had to wait. Ok they could have maybe announced the changes earlier but I'm guessing there must be some contact between all the clubs first. 

So in a way you should be blaming Clement for losing to Portsmouth, if we were still in the cup this game wouldn't have been moved. #ClementOut 

Archived