Sky cost Norweigan Derby fan £6k

Kernow

Ryan Air from Oslo to (e.g.) Manchester going to cost £70-80.

Hotel for the night the same.

Travel within the UK the same.

Match ticket £30.

Even allowing for upgrades of various types, it's difficult to see how the bill can stretch to £6K.

This wouldn't be another attempt to have a pop at Sky without checking the facts, would it? This Owen Bradley figure is supposed to be a journalist, isn't he?

Might wanna do 30 seconds of fact checking yourself first before you start questioning people's integrity, m8.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Swizzram fell foul of the weather once when coming to watch the forest game and it cost him and his mates loads too.

did anyone pay him and his mates back?

what would have happened if the game hadn't changed, but was called off?

As the last sentence says, these occasions are the exception to the rule and not the norm so therefore be kept to a minimum. When was the last game we had changed with this short notice?

It's League Cup week, Derby v Burnley and Huddersfield v Forest are all out the cup that week so are free to show on TV, I bet Sky and the FL had these dates already down to move games but had to wait. Ok they could have maybe announced the changes earlier but I'm guessing there must be some contact between all the clubs first. 

So in a way you should be blaming Clement for losing to Portsmouth, if we were still in the cup this game wouldn't have been moved. #ClementOut 

when was the last time SKY televised the championship on a Monday? Maybe the hit of champions league coverage to BT means they'll do it more to try and get more subscribers and to keep the advertises happy

when was the last time SKY televised the championship on a Monday? Maybe the hit of champions league coverage to BT means they'll do it more to try and get more subscribers and to keep the advertises happy

Monday 27th April 2015 Bournmouth v Bolton 

Monday 22nd September 2014 Wigan v Ipswich

Just to add to that, Wigan announced the fixture date change on the 28th August

The Sky Bet Championship fixture between Wigan Athletic and Ipswich Town scheduled for Saturday 20 September at the DW Stadium has been rescheduled for Monday 22 September, with a 7.45pm kick off. 

The game will be broadcast live on Sky Sports. 

http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/news/article/14-08-28-fixture-change-wigan-athletic-v-ipswich-town-1880221.aspx#DFKv9seVr8Q58Yh8.99

Monday 27th April 2015 Bournmouth v Bolton 

Monday 22nd September 2014 Wigan v Ipswich

not very common then? Maybe its a case of "we haven't got much on this week so lets pick a championship game" with the absence of European matches this year that thought could become more common.

Presumably, being fully aware that fixtures get moved for television, he took out some form of insurance to cover any losses caused in such a way.

I would have thought no such insurance exists for this level of liability.

not very common then? Maybe its a case of "we haven't got much on this week so lets pick a championship game" with the absence of European matches this year that thought could become more common.

Not very common as in once every season around the same time, season before 13/14 it happened in October due to the League Cup, Brighton v Watford was on a Monday night and in 12/13 Blackpool v Huddersfield was also on a Monday night in September

Presumably, being fully aware that fixtures get moved for television, he took out some form of insurance to cover any losses caused in such a way.

Not necessarily. Usually televised games are moved times, not days, so an early or late kick off for TV wouldn't have been an issue.

Sky don't move Championship games from Saturday to Monday after they've announced their initial games very often.

Not being on Twitter, I cannot reply to him or follow him or befriend him or whatever it's called, but I would have thought that simply regurgitating what someone said without checking is pretty poor journalism.

As he was asking for people to get in contact with him, I can imagine he will have spoken to this Norwegian first hand.

As he was asking for people to get in contact with him, I can imagine he will have spoken to this Norwegian first hand.

Don't get me wrong, I'm quite sympathetic with the situation.

I do wonder about the wisdom of planning such a milestone celebration around a football fixture.

Did Mr Bradley ask him about that?

Not very common as in once every season around the same time, season before 13/14 it happened in October due to the League Cup, Brighton v Watford was on a Monday night and in 12/13 Blackpool v Huddersfield was also on a Monday night in September

but ow many blank weeks do Sky have in a season? They'll have mor this season and will be looking to fill them.

I do wonder about the wisdom of planning such a milestone celebration around a football fixture.

Andy, do you always find a reason why people shouldn't complain and be happy with whatever happens? And it wasn't Bradley doing the interviews, it was on the morning show he just tweeted what was in the interview.

Why not ?

we have planned a birthday visit to Preston, and have done many times previously.  It adds to the occasion, and given the timescales involved, the movement of the fixture is somewhat of a surprise.

Archived