Performance first, results second

Kernow

Four games, four draws, but we are improving.

One of the Sky Sports commentators tonight said we've set a marker for the Championship performance wise. We in my opinion were better than Birmingham tonight, although they did well.

The last three games now we've done well and a victory for Derby in each wouldn't have been considered an unfair result.

Leeds up next, let's make it click and push on. Some of the idiots on here really are unbelievable, they see a bad result and it means we were ****, but if we won 2-1 we'd be amazing. 

An unlucky goal against (again) and bad luck combined with some top keeping has prevented us. It's not far off at all, keep the faith.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all i'm worried about atm are the performances, the results will naturally come after we've nailed that, and were certainly looking sharper, that 2nd half we were impressive and very unlucky not to have scored more goals

bournemouth didnt get off to a flying start to last season, nor watford, both got the autos, millwall were in the playoffs this stage last season and got relegated, results at this stage mostly mean **** all, of course its nice, but if we set ourselves up properly now, well benefit in the long run over the season

Performances without points wont keep a manager in the job.

Our board aren't mindless idiots however, and we're performing well so far. I mean really, where on Earth is the negativity coming from? I swear you could cut together Germany v Brazil in the World Cup Semis without the goals and ask people who were better and a good fraction would say "both were poor". This result based tunnel vision is pointless and 4 undefeated is a good side. 

If come 10-15 games in we are well out of the Top 6, I'd start being worried, but we aren't, we're 4 undefeated and playing well despite a bit of a storm of injuries in midfield. 

20 games is when, IMO, you see how the season is going to pan out.

in that time you have a played a good mix of teams both home and away and usually had a "local derby" in the mix as well as a few international breaks.

Just got to now take our chances...at least 2 of them a game and play with purpose. It's frustrating because we can play so well in the final third and for a spell in the second half when Russell scored we were on fire. Teams can not handle it. Yet we seem to take it easy for too long. 

Crass title you don't stay in a job very long with good performances but poor results if we don't beat Leeds then the pressure will be cranked up on Clement 

No it won't. After everything the board went through to get him you think he'll be facing the sack after 5 games?

Jesus wept.

No it won't. After everything the board went through to get him you think he'll be facing the sack after 5 games?

Jesus wept.

You mentioned the sack not me I said the pressure will be increasing slowly on Clement he looked far from comfortable on the touchline tonight

You mentioned the sack not me I said the pressure will be increasing slowly on Clement he looked far from comfortable on the touchline tonight

Pressure increasing, what else could you mean?

If anyone is putting him under pressure after 5 games it's them that's in the wrong not him.

Pressure increasing, what else could you mean?

If anyone is putting him under pressure after 5 games it's them that's in the wrong not him.

I said the pressure will be slowly increasing on Clement I also said he looked very uncomfortable on the touchline tonight

I said the pressure will be slowly increasing on Clement I also said he looked very uncomfortable on the touchline tonight

Interesting you say that. Thought he came across very well on Sky after the game. Seemed calm and in control of the situation, just has an air of confidence about him.

Archived