Performance first, results second

Kernow

I said the pressure will be slowly increasing on Clement I also said he looked very uncomfortable on the touchline tonight

Yes he did. But then when he talks of the performance he does it so well. He seems to be watching the game like a hawk, which is why he looks so uncomfortable. Instead of telling players this and that he takes a mental note. I hope in time we will see him being more vocal during the game. 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some serious tripe being thrown about. Lets look at the facts.

New manager, new players, new tactics, loss of key (if not the key playmaker)

3 goals conceded in 4 games, unbeaten, performances improving.

The fact we struggled first half and he changed tactics at half time and played some good stuff 2nd half bodes v well. Tactically very sound.
The lads really put a shift in especially after a tough game on tuesday and finished the stronger. Georgey especially was out on his feet but we had no-one to bring on.

4 pts could have v easily bêen 8 and we would be acclaiming the 2nd coming. Early days but i am verÿ encouraged. The back line looks tighter which gives us a firm base to build on.

For the first time in awhile I'm confident again we will score when we go behind, it's just the matter of finding a second or third.

The energy from the players this past week has been first class, without a midfielder we are still creating countless chances, think about what we will do with potentially Butterfield  or X player in the mix.

On another note, Carsons kicking tonight was top notch 

Remember when we won our first 4 or 6 (whichever it was under Clough) with bang average performances? How did that work out for us? Very rarely does a team fire out the blocks and win the whole thing or get 2nd. Like said, slow starts for most teams that were up there last season.

imho  LUCK has not been on our side ,  but the way we played 2nd half  could have easily won , im not questioning PC,s methods or management skills , 

just a thought , look at the great Brian Cloughs  start - season 68/69

Jim Smiths start  season  95/96

Poisoned Dwarf  start  season 06/07

didnt turn out to bad in the end

Genuinely excited about the season. With Hughes and Bryson we'd have won two out the four easily. Without them we aren't far off.

We are playing with pace, power and passion and I honestly believe we'll get better and better despite having our midfield out injured.

There'll be another 30k+ crowd against the dirties and we'll go into the international break with our first win and the rest of the league wondering who's gonna finish second.

Against Bolton, I thought we looked like a lower mid-table, maybe even struggling, side. It was a disjointed performance, with very few positives.

Against Charlton, I thought we looked a touch better. Against Middlesbrough, better still and against Birmingham, better still.

We're going in the right direction. I don't buy that we're ready to give someone a hammering, though. I'm not saying we won't but it's not that easy.

I've gone from almost expecting promotion this season to expecting a mid-table finish. I think it's evident that Clement needs time to learn the division and refine his management style.

I'm nervous over the fan pressure more than anything. If we lose our next game, I know the boos will ring out around the ground. 

Against Bolton, I thought we looked like a lower mid-table, maybe even struggling, side. It was a disjointed performance, with very few positives.

Against Charlton, I thought we looked a touch better. Against Middlesbrough, better still and against Birmingham, better still.

We're going in the right direction. I don't buy that we're ready to give someone a hammering, though. I'm not saying we won't but it's not that easy.

I've gone from almost expecting promotion this season to expecting a mid-table finish. I think it's evident that Clement needs time to learn the division and refine his management style.

I'm nervous over the fan pressure more than anything. If we lose our next game, I know the boos will ring out around the ground.

excellent and well put - not forgetting that Brum didnt play in mid-week  ,  can only reiterate that at the moment LUCK isnt on our side 

We'd have beat Bolton without the injuries to Hughes and Bryson. Clement doesn't need to learn the division - he needs a slice of luck!

We'd have beat Bolton without the injuries to Hughes and Bryson. Clement doesn't need to learn the division - he needs a slice of luck!

You make your own luck. I know it seems like lady luck isn't looking down on us at the minute, but we certainly haven't helped ourselves too much either. 

It's getting less disjointed each and every day, which tells me that players are slowly but surely getting to grips with Clement's style. I must admit I was always a little concerned when Thorne, at least I think it was Thorne, did his first interview back for pre-season and admitted players were struggling to get to grips with his ideas. 

A win against Leeds will take us to seven points from five games, while poor, isn't too bad considering the transition period.

I'd like us to finish above 77 points - which should be our target. Bare minimum. 

The Bolton game annoyed me. Portsmouth... ergh.

since then I think we've gone along learning and playing well. 

Not sure if I like how Clement likes us to contain rather than press but it has worked well enough so far. Not something you see in the Champ. Teams retreating so suddenly into their own half. Usually only when a weak team plays a much stronger one. Not something we've done in a long time. 

Archived