Birmingham City v Derby County

Mafiabob

Dear god

we saw two teams going for it, hell for leather, for 90 minutes. It was like a jim watt fight. Tremendous effort. Some great passing. Derby coming back to dominate away after birminghams bright start. A really enjoyable match......

and yet all this ****** and nick picking and criticising this player and that player.

Ffs. 

I said coming out the ground last night "you certainly know you been to a football match tonight"

The reply I got was "it feels like I've played in one"

The last few games have been really entertaining.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again much better from us last night, but against a team that didn't sit back.

I just think we lacked the cutting edge, that bit of magic in front of goal last night, if we had that we would have hit 3 or 4.

Fluke goal against us, the defence is so much better now than it has been for the last 2 seasons!

Its that elusive win, once it comes, everything should fall into place......

Again much better from us last night, but against a team that didn't sit back.

I just think we lacked the cutting edge, that bit of magic in front of goal last night, if we had that we would have hit 3 or 4.

Fluke goal against us, the defence is so much better now than it has been for the last 2 seasons!

Its that elusive win, once it comes, everything should fall into place......

Just missed Hughes (as always) and sharpness of Bent particularly, Thought Christie had a decent game to be fair to him, definitely prefer him to Shotton.

Dear god

we saw two teams going for it, hell for leather, for 90 minutes. It was like a jim watt fight. Tremendous effort. Some great passing. Derby coming back to dominate away after birminghams bright start. A really enjoyable match......

and yet all this ****** and nick picking and criticising this player and that player.

Ffs. 

nick Pickering? God he's not back is he?

Thought we dominated for long periods and just lacking that crucial touch, bit of luck, fall of the ball...otherwise very promising. One minor thing, we don't look that threatening from corners for me - wimp the Shackell, Keogh, Martin...surely we should be creating more, don't know all the stats but freekicks/corners at this level are vital and we don't seem to be clicking yet in this area.

Good first away day of the season. 

Not a major fan of Friday night kick-offs but I had the day off so it wasn't as bad as it could have been getting there. Visited a few of Birminghams finest boozers, downed several pints and arrived 10 minutes before kick-off with the Rams fans already in good voice. Perfect.

Brum away for me still has that slight sense of edge to it, a bit old school in its location just off a housing estate, grubby ground, but no signs of trouble before or after (even somehow got chatting to a bluenose afterwards who wished us well and accepted we were unfortunate not to win). Good balti pie at half time as well, and a decent craic in the queue with some other random drunkards.

I thought it was an excellent game, very entertaining, could quite easily have been 4-4, however we've got to feel more aggreived not to win than them, given the way we dominated for large parts of the second half, hitting the woodwork 3 times. I was convinced the penalty shout was a penalty at the time and it took me 30 seconds to realise it wasn't given, but having seen the replays I don't think it was. Martin didn't deserve a booking though.

Upon leaving the ground and arriving at New Street, there was pandemonium with the BTP and a woman with a clipboard not having a clue what to do with the couple of hundred Rams fans there. After getting on and off 2 trains, telling us that there was a football special that never appeared and then telling us the Nottingham train wouldn't stop at Derby, the one that was eventually settled on was delayed by about 20 minutes. Rediculous.

Anyway, everyone we spoke to reckoned that we're on the right track performance wise, and sooner or later we're going to put in the complete performance and someone's going to get a pasting. Lets hope it's next Saturday.

Oh and don't use County Cars if you want a taxi to turn up within an hour. W**kers.

Ince was.... And by some distance....

Ince was close second but no way was he better then johnny everything started thu russell the only 1 thing russell did wrong was second half he tried to play Martin in but it rolled str8 out for a goal kick he should of shot ince don't get me wrong he class and that shot first half do unlucky but russell makes so many chances and works back hard ince ain't a winger he should be central as he doesn't work back enough and leaves full backs exposed  

Ince was close second but no way was he better then johnny everything started thu russell the only 1 thing russell did wrong was second half he tried to play Martin in but it rolled str8 out for a goal kick he should of shot ince don't get me wrong he class and that shot first half do unlucky but russell makes so many chances and works back hard ince ain't a winger he should be central as he doesn't work back enough and leaves full backs exposed  

You must have watched a completely different game to me....

Did anyone else notice Donaldson stand on Christie's arm as well as Keogh's? Once is an accident, twice in a match? Hmmm.....

keoghs was an accident through carelessness. When you are playing sport you have a responsibility to look after your opponent. He was in the air and turned his head to follow the ball with no thought or care where his foot landed. Even in games like Rugby you have to look after your opponent and careless actions get panalised. My hate in football is when players make a back for someone to go over when challenging a high ball. That's a red card in Rugby because falling from that height can cause serious injury. It hardly ever does but the risk high.

Thank you @mafiabob - your humour is not lost on me. I am worried about one of our 3 missing sheep though, and now there is a sign of hope.

I actually know where they are.... #ITK

no he shouldn't, Christie looks back to his old self. Much better option when he's on his game. 

I understand needs must with our midfield situation. But even then, he can't play every game. Why Dawkins didn't come on for him second half God only knows. He was offering us nothing. 

I don't think we ŵill do well with both Christie and Forsyth playing. One full back needs to stay back if the other is overlapping. A lot of problems last season were caused by both going forward. If they can be coached. And have the intelligence to follow it then they may have a chance but with Bairds natural inclination to stay back fuzzy can go fir it. 

I agree Baird is not best suited to midfield.

Nobody mentioned Bent's position, anticipation and all the rest, when Ince hits the post, easy tap in, if he could read the game a lot better, but maybe he had his feet up reading his new Peppa Pig book where George buys a new dinosaur at the shops or maybe I've called that wrong, and he worked his socks off, and one incident has clouded my mind, and my better judgement, as I should focus on all our positives in the game and get right behind the players, the team, the coach, the fans and everyone else at the club, the Derby Way etc.

Then again I think a lot of posters on hear were really watching Eastenders instead, horrible, negative, nasty show, that just makes folk angry for no apparent reason. So maybe some folk were not watching the Super Rams, that got better and better as the game progressed, because I'm chuffed to bits how we are playing, and improving, and can see great things coming our way on and off the pitch as for Eastenders, well do yourselves a favour, "why don't you, do something less boring instead" great kids show that.

Super Derby County Football Club.

Looking forward for a Derby & HKR double on Saturday. Wembley here I come.

And a double disaster day for Leeds Utd and Leeds RLFC.

Also looking forward for an Aberdeenshire Rams day out to Preston.

Archived