Signed: Jacob Butterfield

Heisenberg

Just arrived at moor farm the battle of the beards with bucko starts now :) 

hearing rumours Kevin Nolan arriving at 3 :( 

Has-been! Tell him SKY have changed the kick-off to 7.45pm a week on Friday so his summarising imput will not be required until then.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's at the ground now. Matter of time. It's in his old clubs interest to reveal the fee, or media from that neck of the woods. Conversely, not in our interests. But it's a £5m package, 3 year contract. 

It's not really in Huddersfield's interests to reveal the fee. When they come to replace Butterfield, they will be held to ransom by the selling club as they'll know how much money they have in the kitty.

Can't change captain 5 games into the season, every football manager player knows this. Team morale would plummet, Baird would demand talks and you will be forever going over the same conversation for weeks ahead until he finally submits a transfer request, opens a right can of worms. Stick with Baird, the piece of elastic around the arm doesn't prevent other players stepping up as leaders on the pitch 

Can't change captain 5 games into the season, every football manager player knows this. Team morale would plummet, Baird would demand talks and you will be forever going over the same conversation for weeks ahead until he finally submits a transfer request, opens a right can of worms. Stick with Baird, the piece of elastic around the arm doesn't prevent other players stepping up as leaders on the pitch 

but, but, but I shouted loads of abuse at him and he dared to react to it. It hurt my feelings, so he should never play for the club again.

Sounds eminently sensible but I do not hold your view.Nolan is probably not coming but he has the drive to take us forward and has a point to prove. I am struggling to find Derby players who are trying to prove a point. Nearly all the Derby players can play better than they are doing but something is clearly amiss at present.

Archived