Signed: Jacob Butterfield

Heisenberg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=betXOT2TSt0

apologies if this has been posted already . Just seen it on twitter butterfields highlights last year. 

Ill hold my hands up and admit I know nothing about him but for this clip am very excited about this signing. His range of passing looks fantastic. Even if hughes wasn't injured I would still want this fella in. Something we have been lacking. The through balls are inch perfect can't wait for this international break to end

is it him taking a corner with each foot midway through? If so, that's impressive. 

He's fibbing.

You can't go from overhearing a phone conversation in a random cafe about Butterfield joining Derby, to knowing every exact detail about the deal 3 weeks later.

You bought that? 

I can't reveal my source, be stupid to do so. And I've no real interest in acclaim, I'm not employed by a website or newspaper so my income or reputation isn't affected. But just think about it - who posted about this player first on this message board? Who has been on the money each time? And, conversely, who hasn't? And even today, who first posted it was a done deal? Yet I'm fibbing. 

The boy was here this evening, shown around, medical passed, terms agreed. 

Announced in the next 12 hours. £5m package, £4m initially. A great bit of business all round. 

You bought that? 

I can't reveal my source, be stupid to do so. And I've no real interest in acclaim, I'm not employed by a website or newspaper so my income or reputation isn't affected. But just think about it - who posted about this player first on this message board? Who has been on the money each time? And, conversely, who hasn't? And even today, who first posted it was a done deal? Yet I'm fibbing. 

Announced in the next 12 hours. £5m package, £4m initially. A great bit of business all round. 

Yep ya right, no interest whatsoever in acclaim

who posted about this player first on this message board?

got to give you that.

But what do you mean by " you bought that"?

that the overheard conversation was a cover story?

You bought that? 

Grateful for all the information you're providing, but how do you find out all this information if you first heard about it through an overheard phone conversation? Surely the call isn't still going on, the bill will probably cost more than Butterfield's transfer fee at this rate

You bought that? 

Are you trying to suggest that somebody copied your information? 

I believe our own hobsy over that joke of a website which just retools others' information and tries to bait you into reading. Honestly can't stand the thing. warren had it first he's clearly connected and I'm grateful ... I enjoy the podcast, the beeb, Nicholson Bradley even a bit of Nixon ... But I'll trust our members words too - many of whom know players or staff and I appreciate them sharing what they know even without source disclosure  ... rather then getting worked up as to precisely how they got the info. 

I believe our own hobsy over that joke of a website which just retools others' information and tries to bait you into reading. Honestly can't stand the thing. warren had it first he's clearly connected and I'm grateful ... I enjoy the podcast, the beeb, Nicholson Bradley even a bit of Nixon ... But I'll trust our members words too - many of whom know players or staff and I appreciate them sharing what they know even without source disclosure  ... rather then getting worked up as to precisely how they got the info. 

Which joke of a website are you referring to?

I confirmed it this morning. HITC have since taken the acclaim, despite them not having the value of the deal correct, but I'm 100% confident we have paid £4m up front - that was the sticking point last week - with a further million to come should we be promoted. The boy had his medical around 5.30pm and was given a look around the facilities. He's staying overnight in a hotel and will be unveiled tomorrow. 

Hang on, wasn't you the dude who overheard the agent in the cafe discussing this?

Archived