Live Game Thread 15/16

sage

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will Everton complain about two of Man City's goals? But they started sitting deeper and deeper and stopped playing way too early. Looking for the counter that didn't exist. Got 1 break and messed it up. Would say sitting back cost them more than tight refereeing decisions. They were doing fine in the first 55 minutes

Aguero is amazing. Just a complete striker. Can go anywhere and do anything. Imagine if he didn't break so easy. 

De Bruyne stretchered off with what looks like a bad knee injury. 

City through 4-3 on aggregate to meet Liverpool at Wembley in the Capital One Cup final 

Aguero is fantastic and  what a winning header  .

I fear for De Bruyne looks like an ACL to me  

Felt sorry for Everton - let down by the linesman on the far side. The ball had gone out of play before Sterling crossed and Aguero was offside, not by much but enough.

Stones doesn't convince me, ties himself into too many knots and therefore gets caught out too often. Tries to play like Beckenbauer but reminds me of a better version of Anton Ferdinand (which isn't saying a lot I admit). Carragher is right when he says Stones must improve his defending if he's going to be a top player.

I also don't get the John Stones hype. It's almost as if people are looking for things that aren't there, trying to convince themselves that he's some sort of world class defender.

I know he is only 22 and likely to improve, but some of the comments are ridiculous. He really needs to work on his defending, as at this moment in time, he's nowhere near the level people are making out.

Also, how does one know whether he will turn out to be this amazing centre-back? The best are generally regarded as the best because of their positioning and reading of the game.

Stones to mean lacks both - evident by his total lack in concentration for Aguero's goal tonight.

Compare him to Raphael Varane who is of similar age, and there is a world of difference.

Aguero has everyone's pants down though. He's not a type of striker. He's all types of striker. 

Love watching him, Silva and Yaya (what's happening with him? He's got quite sloppy) at their best. 

Think Man City are by far the best side to watch in the PL. 

Sterling is very good. If he wasn't so greedy he'd be on the same level. 

Archived